why so many judgemental people on this site?

Options
I thought it was for support, not for personal attacks, why is it that I'm seeing and reading people's comments, thinking it's perfectly ok, to not only attack someones choices in life but to actually tell someone that they need professional help? or let alone how to parent their own children? the old adage think before you speak comes to mind....seems like a few people have no clue what that means.

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”

Replies

• fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I thought it was for support, not for personal attacks, why is it that I'm seeing and reading people's comments, thinking it's perfectly ok, to not only attack someones choices in life but to actually tell someone that they need professional help? or let alone how to parent their own children? the old adage think before you speak comes to mind....seems like a few people have no clue what that means.

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I must have missed some drama.....darnit!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about. I've found the site to be very helpful and supportive. :bigsmile: I hope you have better experiences in the future. :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    wow. that is a bummer. i hope i have never offended anyone on here!
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    Thanks for that...I needed the laugh....and yes there was a little itty bit of drama...:tongue:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    only talk to those who support you. it's not just for flesh and blood people, it's for us cyber friends too.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

:laugh: I THOUGHT THE SAME THING! And then I figuratively slapped my own hand and told myself that I need to NOT be involved in drama anyhow! lol
  • briakiss
    Options
    :grumble: booooooooo, i missed it! haha:laugh:
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    I missed the drama too.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yea I missed it all too. Guess that was best huh?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about. I've found the site to be very helpful and supportive. :bigsmile: I hope you have better experiences in the future. :flowerforyou:

Same here. I've NEVER read anything bad on here. EVERYONE has always been really supportive and friendly! I guess I must just pick the right threads to read and respond to!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I think people become 10 feet tall and say things on the internet that they would never dream of saying to someones face.

Just ignore the rude ones. :drinker:
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    I say people are going to have their judgments, whether they voice them or not. So, let them have them. It sucks and it's too bad that we feel it's ok to put each other down. Who knows where it comes from? YOUR opinion of YOURSELF is the only one that matters. And I think that goes for all of us who are trying to lose weight and be healthy. Be honest with yourself, let other people's opinions slide off your back--good and bad--because when you let yourself care too much about another person's opinion of you, the more power you give that person over your own feelings. I'm sure people think lots of good and bad things about me, but I try not to give them too much merit in the way I think of myself. It's a process, but one I think is important for living a healthy life.

So, judgments be damned! Usually when someone makes a judgment about another person, they are revealing more about themselves than they are you.

:smile:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    I say people are going to have their judgments, whether they voice them or not. So, let them have them. It sucks and it's too bad that we feel it's ok to put each other down. Who knows where it comes from? YOUR opinion of YOURSELF is the only one that matters. And I think that goes for all of us who are trying to lose weight and be healthy. Be honest with yourself, let other people's opinions slide off your back--good and bad--because when you let yourself care too much about another person's opinion of you, the more power you give that person over your own feelings. I'm sure people think lots of good and bad things about me, but I try not to give them too much merit in the way I think of myself. It's a process, but one I think is important for living a healthy life.

So, judgments be damned! Usually when someone makes a judgment about another person, they are revealing more about themselves than they are you.

here here!
    or hear hear!
    not sure how to spell it.
    dont judge me ~ LOL :laugh:
  • briakiss
    Options
    I think people become 10 feet tall and say things on the internet that they would never dream of saying to someones face.

Just ignore the rude ones. :drinker:
    totally true! :wink:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I must of missed a post too, I think most of us are very suppostive...
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anything judgemental either...

I always seem to miss the drama. (not complaining :wink: )
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    fudgesicles-- what'd I miss? What'd I miss?

Nobody never tells me nuttin' :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

here here!
    or hear hear!

LOL!
  • heather0mc
    Options

here here!
    or hear hear!

LOL!

:blushing: hehe...
This discussion has been closed.