i feel fat and ugly

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm painfully shy and I will never approach him. I just want to stop feeling this attraction towards this guy. I know he's got nothing to do with me . Obviously he Doesn't give two *kitten* about me. So I just want to get over him. I need to snap out of it.
    I am just feeling jealous and insecure. Basically I am developing a major inferiority complex because there are prettier chicks than me in the park and the *kitten* is eyeing them all :p

News flash.... There's always someone prettier than you...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I was the thin girl and I was the fat girl.if he is looking and staring at the thin pretty girls then its possible he is a shallow person. you really dont want someone like that.you could always go up and say hi and go from there.I got more attention when I put on weight compared to when I was thin. stop being so hard on yourself, work to become the best you you can be and go from there. never be jealous of any other women as you dont know them,just because they are pretty and thin on the outside doesnt mean anything. thin and pretty doesnt make the person

He's not shallow, he just likes a particular body type perhaps, everyone does. I like tall and dark men, if you're under 6ft I'm not interested... That's just my type. Doesn't make me shallow, it's just what I'm attracted to physically.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I was the thin girl and I was the fat girl.if he is looking and staring at the thin pretty girls then its possible he is a shallow person. you really dont want someone like that.you could always go up and say hi and go from there.I got more attention when I put on weight compared to when I was thin. stop being so hard on yourself, work to become the best you you can be and go from there. never be jealous of any other women as you dont know them,just because they are pretty and thin on the outside doesnt mean anything. thin and pretty doesnt make the person

He's not shallow, he just likes a particular body type perhaps, everyone does. I like tall and dark men, if you're under 6ft I'm not interested... That's just my type. Doesn't make me shallow, it's just what I'm attracted to physically.

Well Asian, mostly indian men have a type and that's thin and beautiful. If you're not a thin woman they'd rather *kitten* a dog. Its a cultural thing. Most of you are American and come from a diverse culture where black white thin or fat doesnt make a person but it's not the same here !!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Well Asian, mostly indian men have a type and that's thin and beautiful. If you're not a thin woman they'd rather *kitten* a dog. Its a cultural thing. Most of you are American and come from a diverse culture where black white thin or fat doesnt make a person but it's not the same here !!

I'm not American and I'm not from a diverse culture. It's the same everywhere, different people have different preferences no matter where they live, but the voice for a certain body type can be louder than others. Have you never seen an overweight Indian woman happily married? Regardless, you can easily change "fat", but changing "feeling fat and ugly" is going to require some serious work.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

well yeah that could be too. but its possible hes shallow too. I dont know but any fit men I know (not on this site) are pretty shallow
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

you'd be surprised. I live in the south where a lot of the thin men have heavy/overweight/obese wife or girlfriends, you have people here who do think what you look on the outside matters,but you will get that all over the world. it happens here too.I had boys who would make fun of me in school,even though I was not thin I wasnt fat,I got called fat often(thats another thread).But yeah the only thing you can do is either say hi to him or just go on with life and be the best you can be.maybe you could be friends with him? ask him for pointers on things?
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options

I'm not American and I'm not from a diverse culture. It's the same everywhere, different people have different preferences no matter where they live, but the voice for a certain body type can be louder than others. Have you never seen an overweight Indian woman happily married? Regardless, you can easily change "fat", but changing "feeling fat and ugly" is going to require some serious work.

Women in India get rejected for being fat or dark or ugly. I am 28 y/o and have reached "marriageable" age and get rejected a lot coz of my weight. Oh well We don't have a predominantly dating culture like western countries. I have read in papers how "physically imperfect" women are harassed by their in laws for the stated reasons. Some get burnt alive or the luckier one divorced if they dont meet the high standards set for us looks wise.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Women in India get rejected for being fat or dark or ugly. I am 28 y/o and have reached "marriageable" age and get rejected a lot coz of my weight. Oh well We don't have a predominantly dating culture like western countries. I have read in papers how "physically imperfect" women are harassed by their in laws for the stated reasons. Some get burnt alive or the luckier one divorced if they dont meet the high standards set for us looks wise.[/quote]

And for not the first time in the last week, I am so grateful to be born and living where I am. I feel for you xo
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Why not start a conversation? Your attitude about yourself will probably be more unattractive to him regardless of how you look, or your weight.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    To quote RuPaul, "If you can't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?"

Your problem is not the guy in the park or your society (although they may both be problematic). The guy in the park hasn't even had the opportunity to reject you. You beat yourself down and then resented him for it! People can be cruel, but our own imagination can be so much crueler, especially when driven by shame and self-pity.

My advice is to let go of that negativity and stop being a victim. You deserve better than that! Treat yourself the way you want to be treated. Expect to be liked for who you are. Show the world that *you* know that you are worth knowing and liking, because you have so much to offer.

And talk to the guy! The worst that is likely to happen is no worse than you have already done to yourself. If it goes well, you win! If he rejects you because of your looks, then you will know that he isn't worth knowing and you can get over him. The shame of that isn't half as bad as the shame of believing you aren't worthy of even talking to him in the first place.

Everything here, perfectly stated.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    why are you assuming he aint looking because of size. he could prefer blond/brunette/bald/whatever your not.
    his thing could be girls in specs or not.
    trainers or heels.
    jeans or skirts

whatever, it could just not be you
    it does not have to always come down to size.

you could always be ugly of course lol.. but that has nothing to do with size.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    shredcamps wrote: »
    why are you assuming he aint looking because of size. he could prefer blond/brunette/bald/whatever your not.
    his thing could be girls in specs or not.
    trainers or heels.
    jeans or skirts

whatever, it could just not be you
    it does not have to always come down to size.

you could always be ugly of course lol.. but that has nothing to do with size.

He could also not be into girls at all! Just because he looks at girls doesn't mean he wants them.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Women in India get rejected for being fat or dark or ugly. I am 28 y/o and have reached "marriageable" age and get rejected a lot coz of my weight. Oh well We don't have a predominantly dating culture like western countries. I have read in papers how "physically imperfect" women are harassed by their in laws for the stated reasons. Some get burnt alive or the luckier one divorced if they dont meet the high standards set for us looks wise.

How big is your dowry? Most Indian men and their parents I know of wouldn't care too much if you're overweight, beautiful, light complexioned, educated with a decent dowry. They will even overlook your caste for the right dowry and minimal requirements.

To me, Indian men like curvaceous women (not skinny) ... Moreso, skinnyfat or a woman of average weight with "a figure" (36 -24-36 ) or within those proportions. Think Ashwarya Rai, less Lara Dutta who has acclimated her features and body to suit what she thinks is more acceptable to the West.

I have known both kinds of Northern Indian men as family friends who are fairly close to family in India, yet live abroad. Some prefer the skinny girls shunning traditional requirements and others respect their parents and traditional dictates.

Talk to him.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Maybe some men can chime in here but some men are attracted to confidence. And the funny thing is if you gain confidence your negative thinking will change and you will start to see results physically as well.

Show up for yourself.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options

How big is your dowry? Most Indian men and their parents I know of wouldn't care too much if you're overweight, beautiful, light complexioned, educated with a decent dowry.

Dowry? How ridiculous your post is! Are you taunting me? Being sarcastic? I am not giving even 1 rupee to some jacka$$ to warm my bed lol
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    To quote RuPaul, "If you can't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?"

Your problem is not the guy in the park or your society (although they may both be problematic). The guy in the park hasn't even had the opportunity to reject you. You beat yourself down and then resented him for it! People can be cruel, but our own imagination can be so much crueler, especially when driven by shame and self-pity.

My advice is to let go of that negativity and stop being a victim. You deserve better than that! Treat yourself the way you want to be treated. Expect to be liked for who you are. Show the world that *you* know that you are worth knowing and liking, because you have so much to offer.

And talk to the guy! The worst that is likely to happen is no worse than you have already done to yourself. If it goes well, you win! If he rejects you because of your looks, then you will know that he isn't worth knowing and you can get over him. The shame of that isn't half as bad as the shame of believing you aren't worthy of even talking to him in the first place.

This is excellent advice! But its tough to feel great and have confidence when I dont look so great. Yes i admit I am superficial and everything to me is looks based because I have such a shallow perception in life I attract exactly the same as I think! I go by looks and I get judged by looks :/ I am not a bad person but I am not a terribly deep person either!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Dowry? How ridiculous your post is! Are you taunting me? Being sarcastic? I am not giving even 1 rupee to some jacka$$ to warm my bed lol

No not at all. Your reaction is making me lol though. You and I both know that dowries aren't limited to rupees only. Who is being ridiculous now? Lol. You were the member who'd chosen to highlight that we in America aren't aware of Asian Indian courtship. You'd be surprised. Indian arranged marriages are sealed outside India more often than you'd think. Some aren't as traditional as parents arranging the matches, rather, older siblings and cousins are (US/UK/Canada/Australia 30s plus sets), with parental blessings of course.

As stated before OP, do not hide behind your bf% and TALK TO HIM. Maybe a male relative could assist you? Less forward. If only he had an older sibling, things would be a tad easier for you.

Understandably, you do not want to set a dowry aside for yourself - customary practice dictates that your parents should have been doing that from the moment you were born. Being 28, it would have been assumed by any interested Indian male who is traditionally raised that your dowry would be impressive. 28 years worth of dowry. Obviously not. I'm so very sorry.

ETA: Fix quotes
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    This is excellent advice! But its tough to feel great and have confidence when I dont look so great. Yes i admit I am superficial and everything to me is looks based because I have such a shallow perception in life I attract exactly the same as I think! I go by looks and I get judged by looks :/ I am not a bad person but I am not a terribly deep person either!

Peaches, it is not just tough, it is impossible to feel great and have confidence when you judge yourself this way.

So stop judging yourself. That voice in your head that keeps telling you you are fat and ugly is sabotaging you. Stop listening to it. Accept that you are inherently good and beautiful and valuable just as you are. You are worth loving just as you are.

When you do that, you may also find it easier to lose weight. Not because you have to in order to feel good about yourself, but because you want to take better care of yourself, because you know you are worth it.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    johunt615 wrote: »
    Maybe some men can chime in here but some men are attracted to confidence. And the funny thing is if you gain confidence your negative thinking will change and you will start to see results physically as well.

Show up for yourself.
    Absolutely. Nothing is more attractive than confidence.

If you want to be happy, do what makes you happy. If you want to be miserable, keep doing what makes you miserable. Take a look at your situation from the outside...or as if you were speaking to a young girl who felt the same way...what would you suggest? It's easier to come up with a real solution when your own emotions are not involved.