No tattoos is the new rebellion!!

Options

Replies

• TreasureDiver1
    TreasureDiver1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I always tell people to wait until they are more mature before making the tattoo decision. I got one when I was 18, got it covered 3 years later..........:(
  • LittleBitMeme
    LittleBitMeme Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It really is more common to have tattoos these days and honestly love the idea of a non tattooed skin, on other people. I personally have them and I love them but it's not for everyone.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I don't have one for religious reasons. I never cared to go against that anyway; tattoos aren't my thing. I like them on other people though!
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a for or against tats. I just never wanted one. No one's ever said anything about me not having any though.
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted one, but that's too much commitment for me lol
  • elle_bear_11
    elle_bear_11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Got my first last week..I love my tattoo..and wanted it for a long time..Its totally up to you..if you wanna rebel with the tattoo go for it, if you just want it for yourself..go for it..and if you dont dont..its pretty simple..:)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No tattoos, no piercings. Not rebelling. Just don't want anything permanent.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    People ask me often "how many tattoos" do I have. They're usually surprised that I have 0. I've been told by more than 1 person that I "look like the type of person that would have tattoos." I'm pretty sure that was always meant as a compliment.

My husband got his 1 and only at 34. It's my face. I think it's pretty great.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I have already designed what I'd want to get tattooed, but I have to compile the pieces into a full work of art until I begin the search for the one person I will trust enough to put my own art on my body, and make it look exactly the way I'd dreamed it. Otherwise, I may go to my grave a blank slate.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My tattoos have never been a form of rebellion. I didn't know people with tattoos growing up, but ever since I can remember I felt like my skin looked wrong. I used to draw on myself with markers because some part of me said that was how I was supposed to look. When I first saw someone who had tattoos I was so excited to see a person who looked like I always thought I should. I don't really care if someone has tattoos or not, but I was always destined to be inked.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I really don't like them myself. I don't have one and neither does my husband. Pretty much everyone I know has at the very least 5 tattoos. I just can't imagine a tattoo not driving me crazy. Knowing myself I am sure I would be forever trying to wash the thing off. I also can't think of any image I want to wear for the rest of my life.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    No tattoos here.

Tattoo culture is estimated to reach its peak by 2025. So less than ten years more of this. After that, I'll be more than pleased to see it start fading away.

Just curious where this statistic came from...who is doing this study?
  • TRIFITTNESS36
    TRIFITTNESS36 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are the way
    ..tapastries of life
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I've always wanted one but I've always been concerned about regretting it. Also, I'd want one in a place where my body is unlikely to change significantly as I age. I wouldn't want it to stretch out at all and look terrible later on.

I think the only time I'll be okay with getting one is once I have kids, and then I might get one for them.

At age 80 with or without a tattoo it's still gonna be saggy, wrinkly and what not

Take a marker, make a design on a balloon and then deflate----beautiful, huh?
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos and have several.

If you get one or don't get one because you think it makes you special or a "rebel", that's really the worst reason of all. I just wish people wouldn't make assumptions about the person based on them. You can be a total rock n roll rebel and have zero tattoos and you can be a shy housewife and be covered in them. Says nothing about personality and attitude at all.

What really bothers me is that people seem to think seeing a tattoo on others automatically entitles them to give an opinion and / or ask personal questions. Yes, I know I have tattoos on my fingers and they're very visible. No, that does not mean I have to share the story behind them with you.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Do it or don't, it's up to you. I didn't get mine as a form of rebellion and I don't see how not getting one makes you a rebel. If you get one, you're being true to what you want. If you don't get one, same story.

What surprises me is the number of people who have said here that they've been asked how many tattoos they have. In my experience, I've only been asked that question once someone has noticed at least one of mine. Unless you're on the tattoo topic, it doesn't make sense to ask another person that question.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I'm really slow sometimes, so the thought of not having tats being a rebel just hit lol. That's funny.