• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    bboyd223 wrote: »
    My goal is to stay under 800 for the thanksgiving meal

So no dessert. That would make me sad.

My problem is that it's dinner, and I'm always hungry during the day... I managed to save 1100 calories so far, but that's pretty much going to be wiped out by dessert if I have a small slice of each. So yeah.

Not planning to stuff myself though, just follow my hunger signals, and only eat what I really like.

Sort of off-topic - am I the only one who eats the big meal at lunch (dinner)? As a kid, we ate around noonish to enjoy the football games in a comfy food coma.

In my husband's family it was around 2-3pm, this year hubby said 4pm but the turkey will be done soon, so hopefully earlier! Dinners just kill me. I already had to eat lunch because I was starving :(
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    More than normal for a meal, yes. Completely over, no.

My problem is that it's dinner, and I'm always hungry during the day... I managed to save 1100 calories so far, but that's pretty much going to be wiped out by dessert if I have a small slice of each. So yeah.

Not planning to stuff myself though, just follow my hunger signals, and only eat what I really like.

Sort of off-topic - am I the only one who eats the big meal at lunch (dinner)? As a kid, we ate around noonish to enjoy the football games in a comfy food coma.

When we ate at my aunt's house, and then either of her sons', we usually ate around 1:30-2. Now that it's just my parents and me, it's usually 6:30-7. This year we're eating before 4 because I have to be up way too early tomorrow for work.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Just one plate. I'm having my regular breakfast and lunch before Thanksgiving dinner. I don't really care for Thanksgiving food.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    serapel wrote: »
    no, I'm Canadian :)

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

We gather at 1pm, have appetizers sitting out to nibble on while the sides are baking, and usually eat main meal around 3pm then dessert around 5 or 6.

I can usually get by on a yogurt and coffee in the morning and then the snacks that will be sitting out before the main meal.
  • saraidavis
    saraidavis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will be eating mostly protein...and saving my carbs for Pecan Pie. That should keep me where I need to be. With the force be with all of you. lol
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I had an extremely light breakfast and a moderate lunch so I still have 900+ calories for the day not counting exercise calories.

I also "banked" almost 900 calories earlier this week so I should be good. Even if I do go over my calories for the day (which I doubt I will) I don't think it's possible for me to go over my calories for the week.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yes, although I am Canadian. I just eat a lot in general ;)
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

That's kind of sad :(

OP-yes I ate to my heart's content today and next up is the alcohol and snack type food for the rest of the night-will probably start with a couple Banana Fosters and then go from there....

I've been doing this long enough to know that one day of excess calories isn't a big deal and I can enjoy today, guilt free :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I will not. It's not worth it to me to eat "a lot" I'm learning. Will I go over my calories today probably by a little, I have my kids coming over today but I won't eat "a lot".

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I figured that I'll eat to maintenance today, which give me an extra 1,000 calories to play with. So far though, we've already had our big meal and I'm still a few calories below par.

I figure if I'm hungry later (which I doubt) I'll just have a salad with turkey on top or do the chips with dip thing while my dad and I watch football :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I ate ALL THE FOOD and will now proceed to eat all the dessert.

No ragrets.

Nice... ya know what I'm sayin'... ;)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sure, eat it all, drink it all, go work out.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

We always ate at noon and had leftovers for dinner. We took naps after lunch. It was great and what I do when I cook.
    First Thanksgiving at my mil's was eating at 2 pm. Ugh.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    emjam99 wrote: »
    I mean a lot like how they say "4500 calories on thanksgiving" I'm trying to not eat everything in sight like I did last year, but I think I'll end up eating quite a bit haha. Are you guys doing the same, or staying strict and tracking?

More than my 1200 calorie goal. Maybe 2,000 calories for the day.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i have personally drank a bottle of champagne and eaten so much food it hurts.. we havent even had our thanksgiving meal yet lol. today is a good day and honestly im just thankful i get to have warm food today.
  • OliverFiles
    OliverFiles Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    We're having homemade vegetable beef soup for Thanksgiving. I don't expect the soup to be that many calories, I plan on getting the calories in with pie. :D
  • SteveHummer
    SteveHummer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Stayed under 2000k, for the day, not what I usually did on TG DAY. Too much but a hell of a lot better than many past years. Average American downs 4500k on turkey day , I use to do at least twice that. While I seemed to hit a plateau as far as weight loss this week gaining 1lb, I did have one major success. I passed my lung function test and no longer have to use oxygen during the day. Don't know if I can keep doing MFP calorie intake and lose weight at rate I want. Before signing up in early Nov. I was averaging 700 to 1200 a day and losing 10 - 14LBS a month. MFP has me at over 1800k a day and I've lost only 4lbs. Time to cut back to move forward. 150lbs down and !39lbs to go! Hope everyone out there had a good day and the scales are good to you this week
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Nope. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so normal day of eating here.