Are you going to eat a lot today?

Options

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Nope, we went out for dinner (yeah no cooking!!) and had some turkey, mashed potatoes and string beans. No desert, bread or alcohol or dishes to wash. Perfect day.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I changed my goal to maintenance for today and ran on the treadmill for 40 minutes to earn some exercise calories. I went light on breakfast and then ate thanksgiving dinner with my family around 1. I ate what I wanted and logged afterward. 1230 calories in one meal!! Ouch. But I still have calories left for dinner and I'll get back to it tomorrow.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I ate what I wanted and didnt log a thing today. Ejoyed every bite. Will eat more later. No shame. It's only one day. Back to normal tomorrow.
  • Nicole_kayy
    Nicole_kayy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've ate so much for today, I wouldn't be able to eat a bite for the rest of the week if I lost weight this week.
  • bboyd223
    bboyd223 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    My thanksgiving meal was 1150 calories. This was at 3 pm, so no dinner for me. Ill still maintain my 1700 goal.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options

No ... I'll eat what I eat every day. Why would I eat a lot today?
  • LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I stayed mindful and kept to my plant based regime, at least having a massive raw salad first. I tasted the holiday ham and decadent potato salad. Two white dinner rolls was as cray cray as I got. I got in under 600. and everyone took their desserts home.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Because it's a day full of family get togethers and extravagant food for many people in the States. I ate stuff today that I only have once a year-family dishes, fancy desserts etc. A lot of people also don't work tomorrow and it's a long weekend, so many are able to drink higher amounts of alcohol today.

eta: looks like you're in Australia, so yeah probably does not apply to you :)
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I am FULL! But so far I have only eaten 2382 calories, and I still have 587 left to eat and still be in calorie goals! It helps that I made 2 no-sugar pies for today, so theres a lot of calories gone. Then I ran 7 miles this morning which gave me a lot more calories to fill up. Going to have another slice of pie here in a little bit and be happy doing it!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Because it's a day full of family get togethers and extravagant food for many people in the States. I ate stuff today that I only have once a year-family dishes, fancy desserts etc. A lot of people also don't work tomorrow and it's a long weekend, so many are able to drink higher amounts of alcohol today.

eta: looks like you're in Australia, so yeah probably does not apply to you :)

For many-yes but not for all. I live in NY, irks me to no end when people act like my family is a bunch of aliens for not celebrating Thanksgiving. Just because we live here, doesn't mean we share the exact same culture.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Apparently not. Today is not an eating day.

1) Woke up not hungry - bad sign.
    2) Ran 14km + 1mile cool down. Running like that always kills my appetite dead for a few hours.
    3) I made all the food myself, so I know I ate around 1200-1300 cals so far.
    4) That was 5.5 hours ago and I still am not hungry and the thought of eating anything really rich makes my stomach turn. Who am I that I can hardly eat anymore?
    5) I will try to eat some of this calorie dense cobbler here in a few. I'd like to hit 2500 for the day because I am deep in the calorie hole for the week so far in prep for today (lol...) and I am not really looking to lose weight. I also have a bunch of energy atm (I feel seriously in the mood to run again after a nap) so I think I may run another 14-15km tomorrow morning. Will kill the energy problem, but not the calorie one. Tomorrow seems like Groundhog Day at the moment. We'll see.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I went over in calories due to Thanksgiving dinner. I ate everything I wanted including Key Lime pie (I do think I overestimated in logging). We only do this particular restaurant (they have a buffet on thanksgiving) once a year. Kindof pricey but I don't have to cook or clean up, plus everyone gets everything they want.
  • Jeannie3099
    Jeannie3099 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Went down two pounds so I hope today didn't demolish what I lost.
    Barbecued Salmon
    Green Salad with cherry tomatoes and garbanzo beans, Balsamic vinaigrette.
    One slice French Bread with whipped cream cheese.
    One 3" slice Apple Pie, low sugar.
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hit 4,000 cals!
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yes, although I am Canadian. I just eat a lot in general ;)

Booty Gainz! Right?
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes, I will eat a lot today and I won't feel guilty about it either. In fact, I've already eaten a lot and I'm now thinking of having another snack. Enough of watching every morsel I eat. Today I RULE! Tomorrow however, is another day. I'll pick up my calorie watching again tomorrow.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Coachjr29 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yes, although I am Canadian. I just eat a lot in general ;)

Booty Gainz! Right?

Yepp that is the goal! ;)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I ate about 4,000 today, but I also logged 15 miles in running and walking before dinner. The pecan pie was by far the highest calorie, and the most delicious.