Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Thanks MFP

montana_girl
montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
I just have to give a big thanks to MFP! I am a WW member (okay, and on staff at WW...), but have been struggling with the PointsPlus program. I had lost 113 pounds and reached Lifetime status with WW right before the change in program... and have struggled with keeping my weight within the goal range to maintain Lifetime. I was getting very, very frustrated with myself thinking I was doing something wrong, but then someone suggested counting calories in addition to points.

What an eye-opener that has been! I found out I have been eating way too many points and that even though two different foods have a point value of one, they can differ from 25 to 60 in calories.

Just a one week on MFP and I lost 3.2 pounds! And I am FINALLY back within my range and at weight I haven't seen since the end of November.

So I'll say it again... Thanks MFP!!

Replies

• AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    MFP does wonders for me =) Glad that you've found it and been able to keep track of everything. And a BIG congrats on losing 113lbs. WOW that is FANTASTIC!!!
  • I'm in a really similar situation~ lost about 75lb with WW, but had been floundering on points +. Doing calories instead has finally somehow motivated me to work out a bit more, and I've lost another 10lb's! I'm still figuring out what I want my final weight to look like, but I think doing both has been amazing! Now if only WW had an Android app as awesome as MFP right?

Congrats on your successes!!!
  • sasham100
    sasham100 Posts: 24 Member
    Stacy, glad that MFP is working for you. I'm already noticing changes in my body since starting double tracking (I'm doing WW as well) and I can't wait to step on the scale this Saturday!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!