Low CArb is not easy....

Options
Hello just joined again...find it is easy to track my food and weight and exercise.....Love the site

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Why are trying to eat low carb?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    title "not easy" post "everything is easy"
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I personally found LC absurdly easy. That said, I do tend to get better lifting performance out of a 50/40/10 p/c/f split. YMMV, obviously.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm confused :neutral:
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I can do low carb for a short period of time no problem, but as a way of eating I agree it's too hard.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    If you're finding it difficult, then why are you doing it? To lose weight you just need to eat at an appropriate calorie deficit for your weight loss goals. No need to cut out foods that you enjoy eating :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    If you're finding it difficult, then why are you doing it? To lose weight you just need to eat at an appropriate calorie deficit for your weight loss goals. No need to cut out foods that you enjoy eating :)
    This. :)
    I hated low carb even though I did it for months. It wasn't for me. I was hungry and cranky.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    It's pretty easy for me, but that's because if I have to cut calories (and I do) I would dough rather give up bread/pasta/baked goods than meat/eggs/dairy. And yes, you can just reduced those etc. But what I am doing works for me.

Dirfferent strokes.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I found it very easy while I was doing it, the problem was that I eventually missed carbs and began adding "a little" here and there and before I knew it gained back everything I lost and then some.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am a bread n pasta person, however I love my eggs n bacon, and a good steak and chicken too. So for me it was pretty easy. I lost 46 lbs on it but then went out to eat a few times, had that hot french bread smothered in butter and it was all over. I slowing added the carbs back into my diet the next thing the sweets and gained it all back. Now I'm doing Nutrisystem, mainly because I can't seem to control my portions..plus I'm paying extra for this food as being a bit frugal I won't cheat while I'm putting out $. I am learning more and more how much to eat and I am liking the variety of foods, so I'm not getting bored. I also get 1 day "free" and eat the correct portions, usually fish that day. I was never a veggie person but have learned to fill up on broccoli or cauliflower. They have a maintenance program so I hope that will transition me back. And because of MFP, i am logging my food everyday and being acceptable for the calories that go into my body. I'm 65...all you young people believe me do it while your young and don't allow yourself to get where I did. Oh and I might add the low carb actually had my cdl/ldl levels go ff track a bit, because I still ate too much of what tasted good. LOL I'm two and a half months into this plan and already my numbers look better. So whatever your choice of eating is I say go for it now. Good luck to everyone.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Low carb is not required to lose weight. If you struggle with it that may not be a sustainable way of eating for you.
    Eat whatever you want as long as you stick to your calorie deficit.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    What's difficult about meat, vegetables and natural fat? Seems simple to me. :) that said, I've switched from keto to a more paleo-like way of eating. Because I missed fruit when summer arrived. (I live in South Africa and we have all kinds of gorgeous tropical fruits in summer and all year round)

Still didn't miss the carbs all that much - although I'm eating some bread now, (because I'm sick currently and all the fibre irritates my gut).

I guess what I really enjoy is finding new ways to make old favourites. I enjoy that challenge.

But yes, ultimately, calorie deficit. And find a WOE that you can stick to for life.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    When I was still eating meat low carbing was easy enough. I low carbed for ten years.

Then I found out I could get gluten free oatmeal on the internet (this was in the dark ages before gluten free was a trend and you could find gluten free stuff everywhere).

I could have oatmeal back in my life?

My low carbing days were over. It's funny. I wasn't done in by cookies, or a chocolate bar, or any kind of junk food -- oatmeal was my "downfall".

Now I don't even eat meat any more.

I could low carb again easily enough, but I see no reason to. Popcorn makes me happy.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Low carb does seem like it would be hard. In all my years of "trying" diets, I never gave the low carb cure-all for obesity more than wishful thinking. So glad I didn't bother with it and I can still have these seasonal snack cakes. White chocolate and peppermint twinkies, and caramel apple cupcakes ftw
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm confused :neutral:

Me too.

OP - logging IS easy. But low carb would be hard for me too, that's why I don't do it. Instead I lose weight using a method that I intend to use for maintenance (this time!). I eat and log all foods in moderation.