"The most important thing you can do to lose weight"

Options

Replies

• Tricianufac
    Tricianufac Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh no....I tried to watch but it says no video exists. I really needed this one
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

@Tricianufac Here it is:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-losing-weight/
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    *checks the time*

Ah, it appears to be time for a bump.
  • paigeg150
    paigeg150 Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Focus on your mindset too! Read fitness/healthy lifestyle books and blogs, listen to motivational podcast stations. It's not just about going through the motions. :-)
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

@Tricianufac Here it is:

And if you want a good chuckle, or neck ache from "smh", read the comments below...... :lol:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

@Tricianufac Here it is:

I just watched this film all the way through, and it's excellent. I like how they back up their weight loss tips with scientific research.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    bump
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Could use a fresh bump.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    There was a time in my past (okay, probably still a little now, too) when I would've loved a doubly-labelled water metabolic test. Don't get me wrong, I'm not delusionally thinking I'm one of the .0000005%** of the population that actually has a metabolic malfunction. I would've just wanted someone to tell me for sure that yes, I am normal. I can do this by eating less and moving more. Success is as close as I want to make it.

That would've really set off a motivational spark for me.

**a totally-real Internet statistic. [/sarcasm]

Success is as close as I want to make it. I am going to remember that!!!
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Just giving this a holiday bump.
  • bfmcrys
    bfmcrys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great Post! Thanks for the information.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    This hasn't been bumped in a while. Good thread. Much info. Wow.
  • jessandjerry2014
    jessandjerry2014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok so now I'm curious. I have a good scale where I weigh my meat and sometimes my veggies when I can measure in oz. However I have to measure in cups sometimes. I have a glass measuring cup that holds up to 2 cups. Is there any discrepancy in that glass measuring cup versus the hand held measuring cups?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Ok so now I'm curious. I have a good scale where I weigh my meat and sometimes my veggies when I can measure in oz. However I have to measure in cups sometimes. I have a glass measuring cup that holds up to 2 cups. Is there any discrepancy in that glass measuring cup versus the hand held measuring cups?

Could be. Just try it and see. But you should try to find weight entries as much as possible for dry product and use cups for liquids.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

1 cup is 1 cup regardless of how you measure it - IF you measure it accurately. The reason they recommend hand held measuring cups for solids is so that you can take the back of a knife and swipe off anything that's bulging over the top of the cup. (Do NOT squish the extra into the cup.) The glass measuring cup is better for liquids because you're less likely to spill.

That said, 1 cup doesn't always weigh the same - and it's the weight that determines how much you're actually eating. Consider pasta. We had rigatoni for dinner and it has *lots* of air/empty space in the middle. Compare that to macaroni. You'd get a lot more macaroni in 1 cup than rigatoni.

I weigh pretty much everything - even liquids. It's just easier to put the bowl on the scale and dump. The only hard part is finding the right entry in the database (that actually gives grams as an option).
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Bump for the win. :)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    ...."Stop sucking at math, fatty,”...
    I really do suck at math :frowning: It's so common to see people wonder why they don't lose weight, and when you look at their diary, it's either missing entries, or using generic entries (albeit, I'm not going to weigh my Arby's fries so I'll grant some discrepancy) and it ends up causing them to not report correctly.

@SusanMFindlay I'm pretty sure I've messed some people up changing the conversions from cups to grams on an otherwise accurate food entry. But by golly, I want accuracy and I want it to show!
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The ONE thing- stay in deficit
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Hasn't been bumped in ages.
  • charlenechaz
    charlenechaz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Set Goals