Any Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker owners here?

What are your favourite things to make in your pressure cooker?

Replies

• tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Just beans. No more waiting over the stove! Whats yours?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    First day I did turkey bolognese and half a spaghetti squash at the same time and I was super impressed. Lentil soup is easily my favourite, all the flavour and texture in so little time.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    I love to pressure cook beets!!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I like to cook chicken breasts from frozen if I need it for another recipe, stock, hard boiled eggs, risotto, whole butternut squash to purée, soups, stews, and chilis.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Pease allow me to vent.

Bought a cheap one to try it out. Used it once. Never again since. Didn't like how the food came out.

Don't like the guess work involved in using it and don't want to take the time to learn to properly gauge the timing.

Prefer to braise/roast conventionally even if it takes hours. Should give it away to Goodwill but keeping it "just in case" I actually need to cook something quick.

End of rant. Thanks! :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Just bought one on a Black Friday deal at Amazon - have heard how flippin' amazing they are so decided to take advantage of the deal...
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Wife made me buy one last night. Guess I'll find out this weekend what it is good for.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Got mine off of Craigslist for $25 from a family moving back to Australia
    I love making soups, bone broth and steamed veggies
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I love my Instant Pot. I made mashed potatoes in 35 minutes with it - all I had to do was mash them and add a bit of milk when I opened the pot. Can also have cooked pumpkin or squash in 20 minutes!

I use it a lot to steam veggies and to make rice. It makes a killer rice pudding as well (in 20 minutes or less). I tried a cheesecake though and it was a huge let down, but it might have been because of the recipe I used.

Still trying things out though!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    tierra85 wrote: »
    Just beans. No more waiting over the stove! Whats yours?
    Beans on the Pot are the best beans

I mostly cook veggies and beans on a weekly basis.

I also use the Instantpot to make some yogurt

• CooCooPuff
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I love my Instant Pot. I made mashed potatoes in 35 minutes with it - all I had to do was mash them and add a bit of milk when I opened the pot. Can also have cooked pumpkin or squash in 20 minutes!

I use it a lot to steam veggies and to make rice. It makes a killer rice pudding as well (in 20 minutes or less). I tried a cheesecake though and it was a huge let down, but it might have been because of the recipe I used.

Still trying things out though!
    Ive never tried making a cheesecake, but my sister loves these brownies: http://healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com/2012/03/delicious-fudgey-brownies-electric.html?m=1
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Greek yogurt, skyr, ricotta, paneer, and baked sweet/russet potatoes. That is about 90% of what I use mine for and it is running most days of the week to keep me in delicious dairy products. I maybe make potatoes with mine once or twice a month, but they are great when I do!
  • CooCooPuff
    @CrabNebula Is making skyr too different from making yogurt? I've wanted to try it but am a little worried about spending the money on a starter tub and rennet tablets.
  • aussieketogal
    aussieketogal Posts: 73 Member
    I got a Phillips all in one a few months ago and I looooove it! Beautiful tender meat that just melts in your mouth in 40 minutes!!

I make curries, roasts, oats and chicken.
    And you can steam potatoes in 8 minutes and they are super yummy!

Wish I had have got one a long time ago.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    i have the biggest size and i wish i didnt get it. Its so huge and its just me and my husband. Totally wish i got a smaller one. :(
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I have a rice cooker/pressure cooker/crock pot. I could use some good recipes! For soups, stews, etc. Where should I look?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I realize this thread might have been better off in recipes but Pinterest is pretty great for recipes of all kinds. I just made this tonight: http://kneadtocook.com/pressure-cooker-red-lentil-curry/

I made a half yield so halved everything except the onions and garlic and canned tomatoes, and I used a half can of regular coconut milk because it's what I had. Really good and filling and my recipe came out at 175 cals a cup which for lentils is nice and room for rice. Very filling.
  • debbiemuz
    debbiemuz Posts: 194 Member
    Rice, boiled eggs (18 at a time), chicken from frozen to cooked with lots of different flavorings in 30 mins, potatoes. Really good lamb tangine. I've even done bread in it. I'll have to look at that Americas Test Kitchen Pressure Cooker Perfection cookbook. http://www.hippressurecooking.com/pressure-cooker-recipes/ is usually good for recipes. At least you get an idea of what can be made in the Instant Pot.
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Soup, pulled pork.