Women 5'6" - 5'8" and 160 - 190 pounds

Options
I am 5'7" and my goal is between 160 and 180 pounds. I have a large frame, so I don't think I will ever be smaller than a size 10. How tall are you, how much do you weigh and what size are you?

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Lol I could say see my signature :) but my goal is between 160&175 at 5'6.5" I figure Ill evaluate once I hit 175. but I have a goal size of 10/12 (to make room for variouse deisgners who cant seem to use the same measurements)
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my goal is between 160 and 180 pounds. I have a large frame, so I don't think I will ever be smaller than a size 10. How tall are you, how much do you weigh and what size are you?

As of right now 5'6 and 186. My goal is 135 but at 140 I felt great. I think as I focus on toning 140 will look fine on me
  • wokandroll88
    wokandroll88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm closer to 5'5" but I weigh around 193 right now(size 15). At my smallest I was 160 and wore a size 6. Like you I was also worried about not being able to get smaller because I was in size 13s all through high school but it's not the case :)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 (okay, 5'8.5), 160.5 lbs, and a size 8.

Start weight: 184, size 14.
    Goal weight, 145.
  • lplautz
    lplautz Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey...I am 5'8.5". I know it is hard but try not to think about sizes. When I was at my thinnest before babies, I was 128lbs. Try not to hate me but at the time I thought I was big! I look back now and think if only! haha But anyway even then I was a size 9/10 in most brands just because of body shape! My goal is to get to 140lb...I will be happy there! Good Luck!
  • Farmgirl67
    Farmgirl67 Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm 5'7", weigh 207 and wear a size 16. My goal is between 150 and 160. I have a large frame too and weighed around 130, size 9/10, all through high school. I know I won't ever see that again! I started on this site on June 3 and have lost 7lbs so far.
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    I´m 5.7, 170 lbs at the moment, medium frame, lost 90 lbs in almost one year. My goal is 130 - 140 lbs. I wear size 16 on jeans (at the moment), but want to be 10-12, why not?... and I´m 48 years old...
  • TheCarrieBerrie
    Options
    I am 5'8 1/2, I currently weight 187, used to weigh AND my goal weight is 160. I was happy there, and that for me is a size 6/8. I used to weigh 232lbs, dropped down to 158lbs, and recently fluffed back up to 187. This to shall change! LOL
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". Currently I'm at 169 and my initial goal was 155, but I realized that still had me in the overweight category, so I changed it to 150. Now I am leaning towards 145, but I don't want to go any lower than that. I actually will still be a size 10 at 145-150. I don't really get any smaller than that because of my bone structure.
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 & 163lbs. I am wearing size 10 jeans but they are a bit big but my size 8s are too tight in the legs. I am shooting to get to 150! Best of luck to you!!!!
  • lubilu24785
    Options
    Hey...

I'm 5.7 - 246lb and size 18

xx
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and currently 159 lbs. I currently wear most 8's and some 6's, it depends on how its made. Profile pic is current. I started my weight loss journey in January at 185 lbs.
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and about 171 pounds at the moment, I'm aiming to get down to 161 (ish) I got down to 154 for my wedding 2 years ago but had put several pounds on just a week into my honeymoon so I'm hoping that 160 will be more easy to maintain! This should get me to a size 12 (UK)....if not - I'm going to keep going till I get into my honeymoon jeans! lol
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm always curious about people my height and what their goals are and such...
    I am 5'7 1/2" my heaviest weight was 220 (in spring of 2010)!!
    When I started MFP I weighed 205 and my ultimate goal is to weigh 145-150! <
    That seems impossible though!!
    The smallest I have ever been is 150 and a size 9 but that was 10 yrs ago lol!!!
    Right now I weigh 187 and I am a comfortable 14 or really tight 12 :)
    It would be a miracle for me to get down to 175, I think I'll have a party when that happens lol :-D
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 6 and 161 today.

You know that thing about frame and wrist measurement? Well, when I was bigger (around 250), I couldn't circle my wrist with my other hand, and I thought I had a large frame. Now, I can circle it with some substantial overlap. Am I still large framed? Probably not, but this underscores the fact that the "test" itself is unreliable. You might not be large framed after all!

I -do- know that I am a different size from the waist up than the waist down. At present, I'm at the low end of size 12 on the bottom and the high end of size 12 on the top (not because I'm big busted either.. I was a B at 250 and continue to be a B, so go figger). I expect that to change shortly to high 10 on bottom and mid-low 12 on top some time in the next month or so. Or maybe 2 months. I'm not in a hurry now so long as I keep losing.

My plan is very likely going to end me up at size 10 (or possible generous 8s) at some point in the future. Before vanity sizing, btw, that would have been a 14 top and 12 bottom, but you don't see those non-vanity sizes much anymore.

Oh yeah... happy birthday! Mine's on the 29th!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", currently at 150. Goal is 140 but I may stop at 145. We'll see when I get there. I'm very comfy in a size 14 right now (my jeans look a bit big) and can get into a 12. People tell me those pants look fine, good even. I have no real clear idea of what my body looks like (have had body image issues forEVER), so I sort of have to take their word for it. I think I'd like the 12s to be my lowest size, though, and just get a little more wiggle room out of them.
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'6" and 5'7" and I currently weigh 161 and wear a size 10 jeans, but smaller dresses. I'd like to get down to 150. At that point I'll reevaluate and maybe try to hit 145. I guess I'd like to wear a size 8 or 6.
  • clh4444
    clh4444 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and current at about 162. Right now I wear an 8 but barely lol. My goal I'd somewhere in the 140's where hopefully I can be a six. However size is flaky to say the least. I have size 4 thru 10 in the closet, depends on style, designer or maker. For example old navy is completely for the no hip teenager so I don't get bent if I wear a ten from them. I just wish my butt and thighs would get smaller and more in line with my waist. Mywaist is more size 6 but my fat thighs keep me in an 8.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" large frame and weigh in at 168 today. I have some 8's in my wardrobe but mostly 10's. BUT I am 46 and have three kids to thank for my pooch! (I will always blame it on them!) I am still striving for 155 (which will put me in the "healthy" weight ) But ultimately I would LOVE to be 145 and RID of my lower abdomen (at least feel comfortable in a two piece!)

Everyone is so different so I would suggest setting an attainable goal (175?) and then see how you feel and readjust at that time if necessary.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am currently 239 pounds and put on a size 16 for the first time in 5 years. The 16's were tight but I was able to get into them and zip them up. I am waiting to buy 16s for when I reach 231 pounds. I am hoping that by the time I get down to a size 10/12 when I reach 180 pounds.