Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    ou6syli71yc6.gif

Calvin, if you don't, who will?
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    You're welcome, @SueSueDio... By the way, is your user name a Genesis reference?

Kind of... my mum used to call me "Sue-Sue" when I was little, and the song always makes me think of that. The username SueSue was already taken, so I ended up with this one instead! :)
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,969 Member
    Options
    I wonder how Calvin got the door to the bathroom open? His costume has no arms...

adad0d3077f30134dd61005056a9545d
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    At least he finally remembered the line!
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    It looks like a clipboard and pen - maybe it counts as working? :)
  • UncleMac
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    It looks like a clipboard and pen - maybe it counts as working? :)

Valid point. On the upside, Calvin remembered his line.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Now to go back and start at pg 1 again.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Such descriptive language... a barracuda in a high school senior suit...

b182496077f30134dd61005056a9545d
  • Julieagain
    Julieagain Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just so I get this straight... the school had a play but Calvin's mother stayed at home, laying on the couch reading a book instead of going to watch? The play was apparently open to parents as Calvin invited his father last week...

af27c78077f30134dd61005056a9545d

I'm not sure the duties of motherhood extend to being publically associated with a child like Calvin - or is that just me?
  • Slightly_Amusing
    Slightly_Amusing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    By far the greatest comic strip of all time. I have 3 books of their comic strips. Almost named my first kid Calvin because of these.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Julieagain wrote: »
    Just so I get this straight... the school had a play but Calvin's mother stayed at home, laying on the couch reading a book instead of going to watch? The play was apparently open to parents as Calvin invited his father last week...

af27c78077f30134dd61005056a9545d

I'm not sure the duties of motherhood extend to being publically associated with a child like Calvin - or is that just me?

Perhaps I'm unusual in that I figure anything expected of a mother is likewise expected of dad... and as a dad, I wouldn't hesitate to be associated with my Calvin(s)... although sometimes are more difficult than others.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Blackmail is in the air...

b2b5eb6077f30134dd61005056a9545d
  • Julieagain
    Julieagain Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I'm not sure the duties of motherhood extend to being publically associated with a child like Calvin - or is that just me?[/quote]

Perhaps I'm unusual in that I figure anything expected of a mother is likewise expected of dad... and as a dad, I wouldn't hesitate to be associated with my Calvin(s)... although sometimes are more difficult than others.[/quote]

I absolutely agree with you - what is sauce for the mother goose is sauce for the father gander, having no Calvins of my own the thought that I might have to deal with one like him fills me with horror. I'd very happily make room for a Hobbes though. :smile: