to weigh or not to weigh

Options
paradog
paradog Posts: 378 Member
I have so far weighed myself once a week, same scale, time ,etc...

Having a tough two days....feel like I'm eating too much. Was planning to do a Wii challenge later...do I use the scale?

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self daily but only take an official weigh in once a week.
    I dont think it will harm you to hop on and take a peak. I like to know if I am getting close to hitting my goal
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I am terrible I weigh 10 times a day...I don't stress as much about what it says as I did...but I can't stay off it!!..

If this wii thing is going to be a regular thing and you want to measure your loss while using it..I would weight to get a Start Weight...
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt! I would stick to the script and weigh in at your normal time, especially if u have a few bad days!
  • dsreilly
    dsreilly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I reckon weigh. If you are little over where you want to be, work harder, even if you add an extra 10 mins to the workout, it's gotta help :)
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm on a medically supervised program so that the one that counts is once a week, although I think their scale is heavy by a few pounds... At home, I weight after I shower.
  • DayZee815
    DayZee815 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I say no. For me weighing in daily makes me either overconfident or discouraged (depending on the days weight). The stress of the impending weigh-in makes me behave myself.
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    As long as you bare in mind that the Wii scale is going to be callibrated differently to your usual scale and will be affected by the carpet etc.

If the Wii is going to be a regular thing, then yes weigh in. As with the usual scale, it gives you a 'trend' over a number of weeks. Otherwise don't - as the Wii can be a patronising pain in the butt if you don't work out with it often enough or lose enough weight.