Low Carb Dieting

Options
I am looking for friends on this lifetime journey. Today is Day One would love to have a friend who is doing the low carb diet. I need support, encouragement, accountability & laughter. I want to make friends and have fun with this.

Replies

• Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Are you on facebook? There are lots of great groups for the ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting. They seem to offer a much better format for discussion and support too.

Low carb (real food) is the way to go for weight loss, disease prevention, energy, longevity, and vitality! It has changed my life for the better, opened my eyes to seeing myself and the world in a completely new way.
  • Korman66
    Korman66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with you
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Crisseyda wrote: »
    Are you on facebook? There are lots of great groups for the ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting. They seem to offer a much better format for discussion and support too.

Low carb (real food) is the way to go for weight loss, disease prevention, energy, longevity, and vitality! It has changed my life for the better, opened my eyes to seeing myself and the world in a completely new way.

You'll have more luck in one of the specific Groups here, as opposed to the general forum. Most MFP users just count calories. Different strokes.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb! Been LCHF off and on for almost 2 years now. Anyone else on this journey is welcome to friend me.

Also, I agree with a previous commenter about low carb facebook groups. There are a ton of them, and many of them are very helpful and friendly!
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm a 10 months in, on & off! Friends welcome!
  • fadoo79
    fadoo79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stated 10 days ago and lost 7 pounds already. Im lòking forward to more.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    A life time with low carbs sound boring and restrictive to me. Is this for medical reasons?
  • Eternitii
    Eternitii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Started this past Monday and am already seeing results! I definitely feel like this sustainable because there are so many options it's almost like you're barely limiting yourself add me and we win and lose at the same time
  • JuicyCookie22
    JuicyCookie22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do a moderate low carb way of eating. Feel free to add me :)
  • Chanda777
    Chanda777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb. Feel free to add me. :)
  • ceceoplaymate
    ceceoplaymate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Crisseyda wrote: »

I would love to join on FB if possible!! I NEED this
  • schwest76
    schwest76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb for the past year and it's second nature now. I make sure to eat more protein than carbs and limit the carbs to one meal a day. I allow myself one "free"day where I don't record what I eat and eat whatever I want; it gets a little crazy sometimes but it works. So far I've lost 45 pounds in 50 weeks. Lots of great low carb ideas on Pinterest!
  • IAmSagittarian82
    IAmSagittarian82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am "moderate" carbing (for a whole host of reasons). So far 13 lbs in less than a month! Feel free to add me, if you will :blush:
  • lipstickandspookys
    Options
    I just started the low carb! Add me if you want
  • mmariag
    mmariag Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Moderate to low carb here...just starting. Anyone doing same pls Feel free to add!
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just started low carb diet a little less than 4 weeks ago. I've lost 11 pounds and feel great! Feel free to add me!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Don't just low carb to lose weight. Do it because it's the lifestyle you want to lead the rest of your life. If you're doing it just to lose weight, chances are you'll regain weight due to not being able to sustain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tgyurica
    tgyurica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb/ low calorie since the end of October. Down 21 lbs. cut out sugar, starch, alcohol, and stay under 20 carbs a day. And all junk food.
  • tgyurica
    tgyurica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How do you add people on here? I'm new and trying to figure this out lol