WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Happy December Ladies

Barbie Thanks for our new thread

Lenora Love the sound of your myriad lights twinkling and flashing. When we stayed at home for Christmas the tree would have decorations from when kids were small a set of lights my Mum had bought for me. Then I would start adding more lights, baubles and tinsel. DH used to put up lots of lanterns and streamers in the lounge, definitely not a 'less is more' person when it came to Christmas.

Re We go to Benidorm in Spain for 3 or 4 weeks every Christmas You are so inspiring when you talk about going to the gym as I'm scared to go in case I look a fool

Sherry My heart is so heavy for you wish there was something we could do for you. But if good thoughts and prayers will help there are plenty of them here

Love the doggie pics will try and put some on of my 2, now gone I remember there are some quite funny ones

Didn't set any goals for November except to get 10,000 steps in - didn't always manage that As I've got various things going on until I go away I'll leave goal setting until January

Kate UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Sasha goes for her dental cleaning this morning so no food after bedtime last night....I felt like such a mean mom not giving either dog any breakfast. Jake took Brandy for a short walk and then gave her pills and treats and breakfast while I walked Sasha. Fortunately it's only one day.

:) thank you all for your kind words....I love this thread and treasure my time with all of you.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I miss y'all but, for now at least, life is really in my way and I'm struggling to keep up with everything. I hope all are well!

Carol from NC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    November goals:
    Lose 5 pounds by Nov. 30 by logging all food every day, reading this forum and posting at least once a day, at least 30 minutes of exercise 5 out of 7 days a week.

November results:
    Logged about 95% of food
    Did not lose anything
    Read and posted every day
    Exercise about 74%

December goals same as November:
    Lose 5 pounds by Dec. 31 by logging all food every day, reading this forum and posting at least once a day, at least 30 minutes of exercise 5 out of 7 days a week.

Adding try to improve my mindset.

Rita from CT
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: If you are doing everything right and your weight is holding steady you may be on a plateau. I had many many many plateaus on the weigh to my goal. Don't let them get you down. They seem to be part of the process for many of us. :ohwell:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    DJ Have fun!

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,244 Member
    Options
    DJ - Have a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL time! :drinker: I've got to wait until next August for my cruise. :'( Jealous? Moi?

Rita - (((HUGS)))

CAROL - Pleased to see you posting even if life is s***. :/ Stay with us. Gosh, these holidays get so many people down. It used to be a terrible time of year for me. Two years running I rang the Samaritans.

Remember folks, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • MarionCliff
    MarionCliff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I turned 60 in August and had 150 lbs to lose. I fell off the wagon last week. And pigged like no tomorrow. My goal is to get on the wagon and keep riding through the hills and valleys. Well actually to walk through the hills and valleys to become more active. I am in Georgia.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    DJ- have a fantastic time! Have fun for all of us!

We are still working on our bathroom remodel. It takes a lot longer when you do it yourself! The dilemma now is that being an old house none of the walls are level and I am tiling to the ceiling. My DH and I spent all night last night prepping the shower area with boards he thought that as long as we had the back wall level that we could just measure the distance and put the boards on the two sidewalls according to the back wall. However, the sidewalls were not level and therefore the edge of the tile would be placed at an angle. So needless to say I took all of the board off that we put on yesterday and I am leveling them. It will be easier to cut the few top tile rather than having all the tile going crooked. I definitely have my work cut out for me! I should have done it myself the first time but my DH has to do it his way!

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Congratulations to all the LOSERS, Proud of you. :D<3 I remember Re and Tere. Forgive me if there are others. <3
    Every single pound is a victory!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,719 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    I am sitting down for a few minutes.. have been running since 7 this morning...Chester got his jazzy haircut for the holidays and doesnt look all shaggy anymore... then I went to Walmart and got my granddaughter so jeans for Christmas looking for a stuffed cat..tons of bears and dogs but geesh no cats...
    Homer is eating like the cows come home he was demanding dinner at 1:30 this afternoon..so they are fed...di laundry early and now I have to get the bed made...
    did bookmark some emotional abuse numbers and will look into it more in depth over the weekend...
    went down to see DFIL and he wasn't in the mood to feed himself so, Ol Allie shoveled 2 bowls of oatmeal and a bowl of scrambled eggs down him... they have there Christmas Party this Sunday and Tom and I will be down there.. they serve a nice dinner and I bought one of the club size bags of candy for the staff, and one for the vets office which I dropped off, they have given so much love and help to the boys..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Remember folks, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."
    So true Heather!

Rita
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I read the November posts from yesterday and almost posted there!
    My December goals are to plan my meals in advance and record them on here. Hoping that will help me be more faithful to making good choices! I hope to lose this month. Less of me would be a good thing!
    It's been a crazy day with my little guys. Caught one little boy with his head in the toilet. He was trying to figure out where the water comes from when he flushes. *sigh* Lunch was late due to the impromptu shampooing of the potty diver's head. At least he is clean now. And asleep, as it's nap time!
    Sherry- Be safe, but go forth and get some groceries! Will your neighbor keep an eye out for your stuff? Will he take walks with you? How about those other neighbors that you met that seemed okay? Be safe, be brave. A lot of people are just talk. Love and hugs to you while you resolve this. Remember: You are a strong lady and you fought to get where you are. Don't let yourself be taken down or made into a recluse by some one else. Sending all my "muscle and bravery" vibes to you! <3
    Cheri- Thank you for the Hannukah info. It does help; now I have to look up Kislev. ;)
    I know there are others I want to respond to; but babies are waking up. Later girls!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy dec 1.Thanks Barbie.
    My goals are-trying to keep up with this group.lol
    work on getting stronger and adjusting to my new leg.
    Eat healthy and dont use a holiday to give me permission to pig out.
    hugs jane
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    nccarolb wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! I miss y'all but, for now at least, life is really in my way and I'm struggling to keep up with everything. I hope all are well!

Carol from NC

Carol, thanks SO much for taking a minute just to let us know you are ok. We understand about life. Have a wonderful Christmas. (((hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options

81824br5uyrfrsr.gif Today was the final rehearsal before our line dance performances at several assisted living places. I didn't know if I'd be strong enough to dance, but I went to practice and danced through the whole program with no trouble. I love doing these performances and am so excited that I'll be able to do them especially since I didn't know how I'd be after surgery. There are two performances on Monday and three on the following Monday.

:) Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Go Barbie! Yay! :D:D:D:flowerforyou:

Heather UK xxxxxxx