Do you eat in moderation or clean eat?

Options
Right now, I'm eating in moderation and staying within calorie limits. What do you guys do?

Replies

• cassiejoyy
    cassiejoyy Posts: 82
    Options
    Both! I eat pretty clean most of the time, but if there is something I really want I will eat it in moderation.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Moderation. I wouldn't have the willpower to stick with it this long if I denied myself the foods I love.

I'll take a page from my very wise Mother, who has always stuck to the "Moderation is the key to everything" line all her life.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I wanna say I eat mostly clean, but if I do want something "bad", I'll have it as long as I don't go over my calories.
    For example, yesterday I split a delicious Reese's cup with my husband. It was DELICIOUS.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Both (but ALWAYS looking to eat cleaner as I learn more):flowerforyou:
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    well im sort of re-starting my view on food.
    but i like moderation.
    i believe each day you should be allowed to eat 1 thing thats not healthy.
    ..obviously a size appropriate portion..
    and that way you dont screw up and you still get to live your life.
    instead of hideing behind lettuce leaves!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I eat to get all the nutrients I need. Some from fresh fruits and veggies, some from other more savory things. I guess you could call that moderation. I'm making some rocky road ice cream fit into my day today, it's proving to be a source of calcium if nothing else.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wishy washy answer - but trying to do both. Eating much cleaner, but less total calories than before. I'm finding it relatively easy to do both, but say I'm good 80% of the time, and 20% - not so much.
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yeah, moderation. I'm not going to punish myself. I'm just going to eat in moderation. Of course, there *are* things that are nearly out of bounds for me, such as potato chips, because I have never actually figured out the point where it's too much. (Salty greasy starchy goodness. And lots of them.)

But moderation, and better choices. I stock up on fruits and veggies, and try very hard not to go for high-sodium processed foods.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I may be a total tool but what is eating clean??
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I want as long as its in calorie range..I do eat a lot of veggies with meals though. :smile:
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Both! I eat pretty clean most of the time, but if there is something I really want I will eat it in moderation.

I do the same!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    moderation
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Ok, I LOVE the idea of clean eating...like, I'll eat baked chicken in lieu of processed sandwich meat, but I'm going to eat a 3 Musketeers if the urge is great. I'm learning and trying, and that's good enough for me. I'm from the school of living life, so I don't get TOO serious, or overboard with the "clean" thing.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

This.
  • bosh_chic
    bosh_chic Posts: 10
    Options
    I am all about moderation and it seems to be working for me. This is something I can stick with. There are days I fall off the wagon, but it is super easy to get back on.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Moderation.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm eating in moderation and staying within calorie limits. What do you guys do?

That's me, too. While I am often on the hunt for healthier ways to prepare beloved foods, and I have made serious changes when it comes to how my meals are put together and presented (including veggie to protein/fat ratios on my plate), my biggest thing is watching calories and carbs (diabetes). And it seems to work for me. We are all different, though, and I totally "get" that some folks do better with different approaches.

Kris
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Clean eating is eating whats natural. Staying away from processed foods.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Eating food as minimally processed as you can find it.

To answer the OP's question I'm probably 90/10 clean and moderation.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much pre-packaged, processed food or diet soda. I cook almost everything I make from scratch, but overall I'm squarely in the 'moderation' camp rather than the 'clean' camp. I like a lot of the foods that are part of eating clean, but not enough to eat them all the time.

To be happy, I have to be able to eat food like cupcakes - and not ones made out of honey, mushed up black beans, prune paste, whole wheat flour and apple sauce.