Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    ogtmama wrote: »
    Ok. People don't make fun of fat people. They are generally accepted as equals. Gotcha.

Skinny shaming is the real problem.

Oh, so sarcasm wins debates for you does it? I've faced real issues growing up half-native in a predominantly white area and the occasional issues I faced when I was obese didn't even come close to that. Nobody should ever feel made inferior for what they look like, but at least when I was obese I could lose weight, I can't change my DNA. So don't get me started on what's worse.

None of it is good. Making fun of people who go to "sissy" health clubs isn't good either.

PF isn't a sissy club and I don't think I've heard anyone actually claim that here. It doesn't meet my needs but that doesn't mean others don't find it useful and I know of some pro bodybuilders that have worked out at a PF now and then and find it adequate in a pinch for them.

I don't agree with some people's premise that everyone there is not serious about fitness, though.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Ok. People don't make fun of fat people. They are generally accepted as equals. Gotcha.

The real problem is self-pity.

Stop giving others the power to evaluate your worth.

We're not talking about me. You know what happens when we assume.
  • sweetpea813
    sweetpea813 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they don't disinfect the barbels or gym mats and I find that disgusting. My friend got staph and we just figured it was from a mat in a group fitness class.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

The real problem is self-pity.

Stop giving others the power to evaluate your worth.

We're not talking about me. You know what happens when we assume.

I was discussing whoever feels obliged to complain about the standards that "society" sets (perhaps that wasn't you, but sure seemed like it).

No one wants to hear about the mediocre. Impossible ideals are set for everyone to deal with.

Get over it.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

[/quote]
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    Annoyances at the gym! Well, they aren't annoyances to me but....Guys who wear manbuns, yoga pants and toe shoes at the same time make me giggle. Kinda hard to not laugh in the middle of my set. Guys that are puffer fish, peacocks or guys with imaginary lat syndrome make me laugh too. Sometimes they hear me and make their way to the movie room/safe space to gather their emotions after being offended by my giggle. People who whine about weights being dropped are annoying, these are the same people that text or instagram while occupying a machine. Women that wear a lot of makeup all dressed up but don't really workout to break a sweat and take selfies while occupying a machine. We have two gyms owned by the same company, one is more of a social club type atmosphere, the other is a hardcore noisy gym for serious lifters.

Men wear toe shoes at your gym?

l0m01cind8wu.jpg

Every blue moon you'll have a guy come in wear those rubber shoes that look like toe socks,lol. They don't last long though. There are a few manbun guys though.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Annoyances at the gym! Well, they aren't annoyances to me but....Guys who wear manbuns, yoga pants and toe shoes at the same time make me giggle. Kinda hard to not laugh in the middle of my set. Guys that are puffer fish, peacocks or guys with imaginary lat syndrome make me laugh too. Sometimes they hear me and make their way to the movie room/safe space to gather their emotions after being offended by my giggle. People who whine about weights being dropped are annoying, these are the same people that text or instagram while occupying a machine. Women that wear a lot of makeup all dressed up but don't really workout to break a sweat and take selfies while occupying a machine. We have two gyms owned by the same company, one is more of a social club type atmosphere, the other is a hardcore noisy gym for serious lifters.

l0m01cind8wu.jpg

l0m01cind8wu.jpg

Every blue moon you'll have a guy come in wear those rubber shoes that look like toe socks,lol. They don't last long though.

Oh, you mean like the Vibram Five Finger shoes. Are people still wearing those?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    People who speak to me. Headphones mean I don't want to talk to you.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    edited December 2016
    Options

[/quote]

Oh, you mean like the Vibram Five Finger shoes. Are people still wearing those?[/quote]

Yeah, theres a few that come in wearing them,lol. Those shoes to me serve no purpose.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Read a book, open a magazine, watch TV, listen to people around you talk.

Fat is short form for stupid, lazy, unworthy, gross, dirty, etc.

If you believe that a handful of mean rude people is equal to an entire society mocking you day in day out, then we can agree to disagree.

Again, 70% of society IS overweight themselves. The people who are fit are who is "a handful".

And yet are 99% of the media...imagine that! Again, this is off topic.

I sincerely apologize, it was pretty far back but was it you who claimed that fat people were clogging up grocery store aisles? Anyway somebody did, as I'd they were actually bigger than their shopping carts @.@

I just want to address this, since Steven didn't. No, that wasn't him.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

l0m01cind8wu.jpg

l0m01cind8wu.jpg

Every blue moon you'll have a guy come in wear those rubber shoes that look like toe socks,lol. They don't last long though.

Funny story, i like to bring up often... my boyfriend decided to get some vibrams a few years ago. I don't know if he has very sensitive feet but he could only wear them for a couple hours without getting pain, especially walking on flat surfaces.

He also had a similar issue a couple years later when we bought a home that had *only* hardwood floors.

XD
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    I do like the people that cut the treamill up high then jump on only to be shot off the back,lol.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

l0m01cind8wu.jpg

l0m01cind8wu.jpg

Weren't the makers of those sued for making false medical claims about them?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Oh, you mean like the Vibram Five Finger shoes. Are people still wearing those?[/quote]

Yeah, theres a few that come in wearing them,lol. Those shoes to me serve no purpose.[/quote]

Actually people who like to deadlift or squat barefoot will wear those since most gym dont allow bare feet.

There is a purpose.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    I still laugh quietly as to not offend the manbun guy with imaginary lat syndrome.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

l0m01cind8wu.jpg

l0m01cind8wu.jpg

Weren't the makers of those sued for making false medical claims about them?

Aren't you thinking of "shape up" by sketchers?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    No, pretty sure it was the ones with toes.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

Yeah, theres a few that come in wearing them,lol. Those shoes to me serve no purpose.[/quote]

Actually people who like to deadlift or squat barefoot will wear those since most gym dont allow bare feet.

There is a purpose. [/quote]

Most wear socks or squat shoes. Lot of guys just wear socks.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Can you clean Vibrams? They just seem really gross with all the sweat and foot skin rubbing off in there.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Serious lifters don't use them. Of course they probably have never tried them either.
This discussion has been closed.