Any type one diabetic buddies?

Options
Hi I'm Jess, I have type one diabetes and I use MFP to track carbs and calories. I have weight loss goals and stability goals for blood sugars too. I've been t1d for 15 years. My CW: 115, GW:100 lbs. Add me I can use some friends.

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you have T1D for your whole life?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I think the average age of diagnosis in the US is 14.
  • thunderclaporthighgap
    Options

I was diagnosed at 14 years old I'm now 28 years old, almost 29.
  • thunderclaporthighgap
    Options

I think the average age of diagnosis in the US is 14.

Yes, I was 14 when I was diagnosed.
  • MagicalGiraffe
    MagicalGiraffe Posts: 102 Member
    Options

No.
    Hi I'm Jess, I have type one diabetes and I use MFP to track carbs and calories. I have weight loss goals and stability goals for blood sugars too. I've been t1d for 15 years. My CW: 115, GW:100 lbs. Add me I can use some friends.

Hey, I've been type 1 for 6 years diagnosed at 17. I started my weight loss journey after I went into DKA at the beginning of 2013 and that was a bit of a wake up call to look after myself better as I comatosed in a bathtub.
    I'm 5'6.5", started my weight loss journey at 197lbs. Got down to 164lbs and stayed there from Nov 2014 to Nov 2015 but stopped logging to see how I would do and put on 20 of my lost lbs. Woops.
    My diary is open, I know I haven't eaten much during these first couple of days but normally my day would be 200-300 breakfast, 500 lunch, 600 dinner. My vices are sweet treats - particularly icecream. Cups of tea are my free calories, I never count the milk in my tea.
    One of the things I liked most about logging was knowing how many carbs I ate rather than eyeballing, guessing and correcting. I felt my sugar control was much better. A few weeks back I had a seizure from a hypo and that's kicked me into thinking about my health again. There really isn't any other way about it - even if going into maintenance I will need to log for my sugar control.
  • maddielythgoe
    maddielythgoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been t1D for 13 years, and I just want to lose some weight, I've never had particularly good control of my diabetes but I just struggle with not being happy with how I see myself
  • worminthewoodwork
    worminthewoodwork Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been T1D for 25 years. Control has been pretty good except for during my teenage years. Now recently switched to the pump, and seeing how many carbs I was eating during the day made me realize why I'm overweight. SW: 259 GW: 175 CW: 249. I'd love some diabetic friends on here.
  • Kelseyreyne
    Kelseyreyne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm T1D, diagnosed 15 years ago. I'm on a pump and working towards stabilizing my bloodsugars. Also wanting to achieve better health overall and to lose some weight. I've been in search of a solid T1D community, but haven't had much luck so far.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    T1D here, diagnosed 10 years ago at age 30 (no its not only a childhood disease). My son and mom are also T1. Pump and CGMS here. My 16 year old son can't seem to eat enough (he eats probably 4000 calories a day) and I'm trying to lose the 15 pounds I've gained from hashimotos this year.