Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This could use a bump.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I like the ones that say gain x amount of lean muscle in x amount of days. while not promoting weight loss its saying you can gain a lot of muscle in a certain time period
  • KatherineChiu
    KatherineChiu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Herbalife. :) Also, almost all the fad diets.

Herbalife if used properly with wholefoods and exercise is not bad. But Herbalife on its own is bad.
  • KatherineChiu
    KatherineChiu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    And its featured on myfitnesspal. A detox diet works for me just fine so long as I have wholefoods
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Herbalife. :) Also, almost all the fad diets.

Herbalife if used properly with wholefoods and exercise is not bad. But Herbalife on its own is bad.

Then it's the food and exercise that helps you, not the herbalife.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    And its featured on myfitnesspal. A detox diet works for me just fine so long as I have wholefoods

Where is Herbalife featured on MFP?

• RogerShehata
    RogerShehata Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Herbalife is food in another form, unfortunately these days you can't eat healthy even if you tried as even organic produce is in question for the quality of soil its planted in, the amount of water plant gets etc.... Herbalife has a seed to feed concept which means when the seed is planted till the time it is picked, then produced into herbalife products, till the time it is shipped to a destination and ingested by the human body it is tested all the way. Herbalife has invested over US$150million dollars in research and development to make sure that the products are state of the art.

[Edited by MFP Mods]
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I dislike the advertising lies and hype produced to make a quick sale on television (with the little ticking timer) and urgent threats that "this deal will end soon, CALL NOW!"
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    - Your friends are selling it via facebook

And YOU can sell it too. :smile:

With a small investment you too can harass your friends via social media :D

...:dizzy: and harass family/friends at social gatherings while touting benefits of product in a carefully cloaked manner.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Just giving posts much needed bumps.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    We can make this a very short list.

If it has the words "diet" or "weight loss" in it, it's a scam.

If you get to and maintain a good fitness level, and eat a healthy well rounded diet, you should have no trouble maintaining a healthy body weight.

It wont cost you a lot, and people would not be making billions of dollars a year off it.

JMHO.
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Anything that involves a magic machine/device that's advertised as working every single muscle in the body and has manic looking shredded models using them. There's no way they got their physiques using that dumb *kitten*.

eg, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA45cq0i2AA
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    When this "miracle"- whatever it is this week- has taken over the life of someone you used to know like some kind of invasion of the body snatchers.....run!

Are you trying to convince me, or yourself?

So and so lost 20lbs in 5 months!
    Yea thats 1lb a week. -500/day. I dont think it was your pink drink or the $50 probiotic or the $120 protein shake.

• Jayce802
    Jayce802 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In simple terms, unless they tell you is going to be a long, difficult journey, eating right and excising, its probably fake. Your next best easy/even more difficult option is fasting. It works, but at the end, it becomes extremely difficult for some people to maintain. Either way, it takes a lot of work and dedication.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Tis the season.

tumblr_mrieflU7jN1s5p6ufo1_500.gif