I need breakfast Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I figured out how to remake the Chick-fil-a Egg White Grill. It's outrageously yummy and filling...plus I use a thinner whole grain muffin, so it's under 300 calories. You can easily search how to mimic the CFA grilled chicken.
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I eat a protein shake, hard boiled eggs, and a Greek Yogurt all within my first couple hours awake.
  • 65percentsolution
    65percentsolution Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is just another meal. If you get over the whole "must have carbs for breakfast" you can try something new.

Like an portion of "everything salad", which is lots of lettuce or spinach, cheese, tuna, tomato, cucumber, and whatever other veggies are lying around when you make it. I sometimes added apple to it. Seasoned with an oil/vinegar/dijon vinaigrette. Heavy on the vinegar because the tomato and tuna really absorb it. Easy to make and keeps a few days in the fridge for an easy meal.

Or if you have to have carbs, you could try pita wrapped around a banana and with 80% dark chocolate grated onto it. Or try a buckwheat galette wrapped around some smoked salmon, spinach, tomato, and goat cheese.

Or skip breakfast and go for 16:8 intermittent fasting. Apparently working out in a fasted stated helps. Then have a good lunch after the workout. Not that I'd know anything about this whole "working out" thing. Maybe later. :wink:
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    mattdhall wrote: »
    McDonald's Sausage McMuffin with a hash brown.

Lol
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Lol

I had a donut (Dunkin) and greek yoghurt today - 410cal (plus my coffee) - it was so worth it
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

Lol

What's funny about that? :huh:
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Lol

probably the idea that we can have fun/"less than healthy" stuff (because of what many people have been indoctrinated into) and still meet calorie goals
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

Lol

probably the idea that we can have fun/less than healthy stuff and still meet calorie goals

Amen!
  • ssslasher23
    ssslasher23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat English muffin with either avocado, egg and turkey bacon OR natural peanut butter and sugar-free jam!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Frittatas. I can make a huge one that will last me all week. You can put anything you want in them. Delightful.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit, Kodiak protein pancake, avocado on toast with an egg on top, oatmeal with fruit, savoury oatmeal, crustless quiche made in muffin pans (add veg), yoghurt and fruit, cheerios.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    When I have time to cook something, I do what I call my "Mug O' Mess", which is scrambled eggs with anything I can scrounge in the fridge...could be anything, meat, veggies, cheese, etc...all scrambled together and dumped in a mug so I can eat it on the couch with my laptop. Works for me, and I've found some pretty strange combinations over the years (been doing this long before MFP...)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I also eat the same things over and over.

It makes counting calories pretty easy AND it's pretty much food I like so its a win/win for me.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Grits, Cream of Wheat, Boost,Peanut Protien Smoothie, Pancakes, French Toast..
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Lately, it's been grits + chicken sausages. No prep and I can heat it all up at work.

Good luck! ;)
  • jeanne2121
    jeanne2121 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Today I had Special K and half of a banana. Tomorrow bagel thin and egg. I'm boring. I had steel oats with dice up apple in it on the weekend. Takes to long for work day