Where do your lifts rank?

Options

Replies

• MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Thank you...working on my new goal: 2 plates! [/quote]

I remember the first time I hit two plates on all three major lifts. It was so beautiful I think I cried. Haha
  • OrdinaryDude300
    OrdinaryDude300 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are these numbers based on a certsin level of training? Must be. I only did home upper body workouts for years. Only some cardio for legs so my number are embarrassing for squats. Due to my bad habits i bench about 265 but i can barely squat 145 max. I dont squat obviously. Puts me at like the 2% catagory. Seems a bit harsh. For untrained in squat is that not average?
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Squat (180lbs @ 135lbs bw)- 67%/1.33xBW (intermediate)
    Bench (3x8@100lbs @ 135lbs bw)- 67%/0.74xBW (intermediate)
    DL (255lbs @ 135 lbs bw)- 84%/1.89xBW (advanced)

Testing bench today for a single...looks like I need to bring my squat up a bit. My goals for February lifting comp: 190/135/265. Possible? Sure. Maybe. We'll see.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Are these numbers based on a certsin level of training? Must be. I only did home upper body workouts for years. Only some cardio for legs so my number are embarrassing for squats. Due to my bad habits i bench about 265 but i can barely squat 145 max. I dont squat obviously. Puts me at like the 2% catagory. Seems a bit harsh. For untrained in squat is that not average?

I think the numbers are based on age and how much you should be able to lift relative to bodyweight. Like there's probably some kind of average developed from the people who report their lifts.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    This has reminded me what a competitive summofabeatch I am at heart even though I'm not training for strength
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    This has reminded me what a competitive summofabeatch I am at heart even though I'm not training for strength

exactly. I read this and went out and did some squats and deadlifts last night. worked up to about 50% Back held up. Stiff and tender this morning but in a good way. worke on keeping my form very tight and perfect. I learned myself a very valuable lesson. I am lucky that it only took me a few weeks to come back.
  • aashwill
    aashwill Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Any discussion of standards will make some folks feel insecure. Same with running pace.

Bench - Novice/29%
    Press - Novice/34%
    Deadlift - Intermediate/66%
    Squat - Novice/26%
    Male, 230#, training semi-regularly for 7 months
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I shouldn't read threads like this. I am the dirt on your floor. :s

Everyone starts somewhere- and by somewhere- I mean the bar.

No one was born strong. We all came to this weak and uneducated and learned and got stronger.

In that regard- we are all the dirt on someone else's floor- as there is- and always will be someone stronger than you.

I'm easily one of the strongest girls in my gym.
    I'm also the "fattest" of the fit girls. The other girls who lift are strong- but they are, by comparison- significantly more lean than I am, I'm the fit fat chick.

Generally I don't pay it any mind- I'm more concerned with my numbers than the scale- I'm a bellydancer- becoming to lean is not an option- so I prefer to stay meaty- but there are times when I pine for being a LEETLE smaller.

Then I realize I can lift all of them on my squat bar combined- and I go about my business.

Comparison is the thief of joy- never let someone else take away any validity from your hard work. Especially when that someone is you.

Thank you for your positive words. I agree thst comparison is unhelpful, which is why I said I should avoid threads like this that are based on comparison!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I agree thst comparison is unhelpful, which is why I said I should avoid threads like this that are based on comparison!

If you are so competitive as to directly compare your weight lifting performance w/others w/o regard to such variables as age, sex, body weight, training and such then, I agree, you probably should avoid threads like this one but, personally, I don't look at it that way.

I find threads like this one extremely interesting because they give me a sense of the range of human performance and where I stand in the mix w/o the need to feel competitive w/anyone else.

My numbers just are what they are and I feel no sense of superiorty or inferiority towards those who lift less or more than I do.

However, learning about the performance and experience of others gives me a reality check on my performance and let's me know if what I'm doing is already the best that I can do or whether I need to something more or differently to do better. So, in this sense, I find threads like this one very helpful and certainly not something to be avoided.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    The only thing i can have any bragging rights on would be my deadlift which is 73% in my weight/age group. Just started going for strength so it'll be cool to see where it is 6-12 months from now
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I agree thst comparison is unhelpful, which is why I said I should avoid threads like this that are based on comparison!

If you are so competitive as to directly compare your weight lifting performance w/others w/o regard to such variables as age, sex, body weight, training and such then, I agree, you probably should avoid threads like this one but, personally, I don't look at it that way.

I find threads like this one extremely interesting because they give me a sense of the range of human performance and where I stand in the mix w/o the need to feel competitive w/anyone else.

My numbers just are what they are and I feel no sense of superiorty or inferiority towards those who lift less or more than I do.

However, learning about the performance and experience of others gives me a reality check on my performance and let's me know if what I'm doing is already the best that I can do or whether I need to something more or differently to do better. So, in this sense, I find threads like this one very helpful and certainly not something to be avoided.

No I'm not particularly competitive in that regard.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't read threads like this. I am the dirt on your floor. :s

Your only competition is yourself!

Yep. I hate my lifts. Which is why I'm taking increasing them so seriously, while also trying to work towards other goals.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Aww, I am exactly where I should be, and better than I expected to be. Lots of breaks and deloads in my year of recreational lifting.
    Goal- gradual progression with as few injuries as possible.

BP= 53lbs 1RM Novice. Stronger than 48%.

DL=105lbs 1RM Novice, stronger than 55%.

SQ=53lbs 1RM Beginner, stronger than 19%.

5'1, 102lbs, 63yo.

Cheers, h.

Awesome progress. I remember when you worked up to lifting the bar ..that wasn't long ago

Loved that post @middlehaitch
  • michaelroberts90475
    Options
    Male, 6'2, 197lbs, 35 yo. Low to mid range novice on all lifts. Nothing to write home about, but it is the most I've lifted in my life and only have been at it for 7 months. Last time in a gym before this was middle school. Time will tell.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Aww, I am exactly where I should be, and better than I expected to be. Lots of breaks and deloads in my year of recreational lifting.
    Goal- gradual progression with as few injuries as possible.

BP= 53lbs 1RM Novice. Stronger than 48%.

DL=105lbs 1RM Novice, stronger than 55%.

SQ=53lbs 1RM Beginner, stronger than 19%.

5'1, 102lbs, 63yo.

Cheers, h.

Awesome progress. I remember when you worked up to lifting the bar ..that wasn't long ago

Loved that post @middlehaitch

Ahh Sue that was the most exciting day in my short lifting life.
    If I don't want to lift I think of that, smile, and trot off to try to regain that high.

Cheers, h.

Ps those are my 'I want my mummy' lifts. I do All Pro so I only have to work off a 10RM. B)