Where do your lifts rank?

Options

Replies

• OrdinaryDude300
    OrdinaryDude300 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Its ranks me high advanced in bench 87 percentile and beginner in squat 7 percentile. Advanced and beginner would be fair i guess for gym goers. For the overall population of which the vast majority dont do these exercises i would say my squat being beginner on these standards are in reality closer to the 50 percentile of the general male population at my age bracket. See how i justify my results lol. I wonder how these numbers were tracked and recorded or supervised. I mean one could say they squat 250 but that could be a quarter squat or half squat. I know people posting here no what a real squat is but not everyone that casually goes to the gym does.
  • Noot30
    Noot30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Really interesting, although will definitely make me try harder tomorrow!! Need to get some of the 1RM up...
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Male, 6'2, 197lbs, 35 yo. Low to mid range novice on all lifts. Nothing to write home about, but it is the most I've lifted in my life and only have been at it for 7 months. Last time in a gym before this was middle school. Time will tell.

@michaelroberts90475 I was in a similar boat about two years ago (started lifting June/July of '14). I had never lifted, not even in MS or HS. Are you doing stronglifts or starting strength, or some other beginner program? Follow a program like those and you can make some big strides early on. After the first 6 months I hit over 1000lbs on the three lifts (even though I think my form was bad and so I've re-worked my squat) at 5'8", 187lbs and 32yo.
  • michaelroberts90475
    Options

@michaelroberts90475 I was in a similar boat about two years ago (started lifting June/July of '14). I had never lifted, not even in MS or HS. Are you doing stronglifts or starting strength, or some other beginner program? Follow a program like those and you can make some big strides early on. After the first 6 months I hit over 1000lbs on the three lifts (even though I think my form was bad and so I've re-worked my squat) at 5'8", 187lbs and 32yo.[/quote]

In the beginning I was dropping weight since I was in a weight loss comp at work, so first couple months was in calorie deficit. Using StrongLifts for the first 5 ish months. Started to get tired of the 5x5 so kind of doing my own thing. Still doing the main lifts but now 3x5 and doing more secondary lifts. Keeping track of everything so I'm still progressing in weights, maybe a little slower, but I'm fine with that.
  • michaelroberts90475
    Options
    Might not have the whole quoting thing down, sorry
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Impressive work young woman <3

I'll never reach the weight you move, @quiksylver296, but you do inspire me to do the best I can. B)

Cheers, h.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm so stoked you set a State record @quiksylver296 ! And @PowerliftingMom , I hope I'm hitting those numbers in another 20 years. Phenomenal!
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm so stoked you set a State record @quiksylver296 ! And @PowerliftingMom , I hope I'm hitting those numbers in another 20 years. Phenomenal!

Thank you! And best of luck to you!

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm really pleased with my my results. I'm only averaging about 16-30% for the various weight lifting exercises I do - all are using dumbbells. Given I'm still lifting for weight loss rather than bulking up I'm happy! (35yr old female weighting around 68kg)

Just thought id comment cause Ive been wondering how I stand atm cause people keep commenting about how light I am lifting, and I was really glad to see this post, and I think my results make sense for my goals (ATM, watch this space :wink: ) Also for anyone like me who isnt bulking but just strength training for weightloss, totally normal (I think, feel free to correct me)

ETA I actually could lift heavier - I just have a bit of doubt, and usually could do 12 reps when aiming for 10. but only have 1kg intervals so...
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    According to Strength Standards, I'm "advanced" at current gym PRs of 215 squat/145 bench/275 dl (38 yo female/140 bw).

Still intermediate on OHP; PRed at 80lbs yesterday. I haven't pressed in 3 months, walked in and tested a max yesterday...happy with the PR for the most part.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Advanced in all 3 main lifts @255 lbs and 43 years old.

530 squat
    390 bench
    605 deadlift

I need to work on my bench.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the cat who posted the link (https://strengthlevel.com/) signing up today.
    Being that it’s leg day for me I wanted to see where I am in comparison with my lifts. I do others exercises but this is all that is a menu item. I do the dead lift but I do it with kettlebells and not the bar. So I’ll look at maybe trying it with the bar so I can gauge myself.

Your Strength Level for Sled Leg Press is Elite★★★★★ (Happy)
    We estimate that your one-rep max is 1003.2 lb (808 for 8 reps)
    You're stronger than 99.2%of male lifters in your age group weighing 200 lb
    Your lift is 4.04times your bodyweight

Your Strength Level for Seated Leg Curl is Intermediate★★★★★ (Need to improve)
    We estimate that your one-rep max is 209.1 lb (180x6 reps)
    You're stronger than 69%of male lifters in your age group weighing 200 lb
    Your lift is 0.90times your bodyweight

Your Strength Level for Leg Extension is Intermediate★★★★★ (Need to improve)
    We estimate that your one-rep max is 260.7 lb (210x8 reps)
    You're stronger than 71%of male lifters in your age group weighing 200 lb
    Your lift is 1.05times your bodyweight

Your Strength Level for Calf Raise is Advanced★★★★★ (Happy)
    We estimate that your one-rep max is 488 lb (393x8 reps)
    You're stronger than 88%of male lifters in your age group weighing 200 lb
    Your lift is 1.97times your bodyweight
    (Not sure how the calf raise is done for the purpose of this tool but I do mine on the sled press.)

Over all happy with where I rank but I do want to improve on the leg curls and extensions.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Love zombie threads!!! I'm advanced in bench and deadlift and elite for squat. Not too shabby for a menopausal 51 y/o female who only started lifting heavy a couple of years ago
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    PWRLFTR1 wrote: »
    Love zombie threads!!! I'm advanced in bench and deadlift and elite for squat. Not too shabby for a menopausal 51 y/o female who only started lifting heavy a couple of years ago
    Thanks for bringing it back! I always enjoy these lifting oriented threads more.

Congrats on the numbers! Its been two years since I last checked. Wonder where there at now?
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Mine are my 100%. They are a lot lower than a lot, but more than others.

I finally graduated to being able to put weights on the bar for a bench press (okay, the plates are 2.5kg, but to me that's awesome!).
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I mean... you guys are inspiring!

I started lifting in April. Got a barbell some weeks ago. I work out from home and don't have a squat rack, so basically I can't squat more than I can overhead. Of course my numbers are crap, but still, I'm pretty proud of the rows.

Based on my 1 RM provided through the app which I use for working out, I score:

Your Strength Level for Deadlift is Novice ★★
    You're stronger than 38% of female lifters in your age group weighing 56 kg
    Your lift is 1.21 times your bodyweight

Your Strength Level for Squat is Beginner ★ (it's hard to progress on the weight as explained above so for the last few weeks I just ended up doing 3 sets of 20 squats with 45 lbs).
    You're stronger than 19% of female lifters in your age group weighing 56 kg
    Your lift is 0.75 times your bodyweight

Your Strength Level for Bench is Beginner ★
    You're stronger than 17% of female lifters in your age group weighing 56 kg
    Your lift is 0.45 times your bodyweight

Your Strength Level for Bent Over Row is Novice ★★
    You're stronger than 43% of female lifters in your age group weighing 56 kg
    Your lift is 0.61 times your bodyweight

Your Strength Level for Barbell Curl is Novice ★★
    You're stronger than 38% of female lifters in your age group weighing 56 kg
    Your lift is 0.32 times your bodyweight

I am really, REALLY curious how these will evolve in another few months.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    All my lifts are at beginner but I've only been lifting for 3 weeks. But that is a great website to look at progress.

Although I'm very happy right now. All my lifts are going up slowly, especially the deadlift.

Right now I'm

Deadlift 45kg
    Bench 23kg
    Squat 30kg

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Sq: 455 lbs
    BP: 340 lbs
    DL: 580 lbs
    BW: 201 lbs