Low calorie "munchie" type snacks

Options
What are your favorites???

Replies

• Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Meatballs (pork, chicken, beef), protein peanut butter balls, yum yum.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on snacking. I'd rather allocate those calories to a meal. I've found that deprivation tends to accumulate over time if we're never truly satiating ourselves... which a lot of people tend to do when they spread their calories out over a lot meals and snacks. By consolidating things... ya tend to keep that inner rebel happy.

But sometimes you just have to snack. I keep it simple personally. I love popcorn. I also love jello. Neither are very satiating to me, though.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes. Either buttered popcorn or caramel flavored ones, or plain ones with some spread topping (PB, cream cheese, hummus).
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Pop chips. 120 calories per 28g serving is pretty good. I don't get them too often, though.
  • sunnysunny88
    sunnysunny88 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like snacking, I get the munchies at least twice a day especially working in an office. So I find eating smaller meals and snacking more sustainable.

Some of my favs : apple and almond butter, salmon pieces (in spring water) with cherry tomatoes a bit of chilli and herbs and crackers, protein balls (a little high in sugar and fat so need to balance the rest of the meals), tuna with crackers.

• jaedwa1
    jaedwa1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots with a dash of salt are my favorite low-cal snack.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Banana , mango, apple, snow peas, carrots, mandarins are my go to snacks.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    pork rinds
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I love to snack. I eat a big bowl of popcorn and a small (weighed out) cup of m&ms every night before bed. Hasn't hindered my weight loss, 90 lbs down and in maintenance for 6 months! I prefer a more filling afternoon snack though. My favorite is Chobani Greek yogurt crunch things, only 100 calories but 12 g of protein and pretty filling.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    Options
    Dill pickles! Salty, crunchy, and low calorie.
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Halo Top Ice Cream - Best. Stuff. Ever.
  • much2muse
    much2muse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers and vinegar!! I also like pickles, popcorn with seasoning, jello, grape tomatoes, buckeyes (mine were only 100 cals), chips and salsa, 100 cal snack packs, apples and caramel, hard candies like werthers, small guacamole packs, hummus, one piece of toast, mini bagels, cereal, etc.
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I don't eat popcorn hardly ever but this came to mind. Big fan of enlightened ice cream and halo top. Pop chips are great as well. Quest also came out with chips but haven't tried them yet. Good protein though.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I love to snack. I eat a big bowl of popcorn and a small (weighed out) cup of m&ms every night before bed. Hasn't hindered my weight loss, 90 lbs down and in maintenance for 6 months! I prefer a more filling afternoon snack though. My favorite is Chobani Greek yogurt crunch things, only 100 calories but 12 g of protein and pretty filling.

Last week, my hubby and I went to the movies and had popcorn and Reeces pieces. We decided to dump them in the popcorn. Yummy!
  • lauramdx4
    lauramdx4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, great suggestions!
  • dsoroka60
    dsoroka60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get these very low calorie mango dried chips at Fresh Market. They come in individual bags. 40 calories per bag. Very satifying because of the sweetness and the crunch. They have other fruits as well.
  • rivim
    rivim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn!
  • jazzyoboe
    jazzyoboe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese wedges and veggies/rice crackers

Stemable cheese and broccoli packets

Cucumbers/carrots and Greek yogurt based ranch

Carrot chips and hummus

Goldfish crackers (you get so many/serving)

Fruit leather

Smoothie with fruit, baby kale/spinach, and almond milk

Canned tuna with chopped up pickle(s), a little mayo/miracle whip, a little mustard, and spices

Lemon pepper tuna packets (so yummy, can add crackers)

Animal crackers (again, you get so many/serving)

Plain ol cereal like cheerios (I eat it piece by piece)

Oatmeal/cream of wheat (about 100-150 cal/ea)

Apple sauce

Turkey roll ups with laughing cow cheese and a pickle spear in the middle

String cheese

Popcorn (I know it sounds weird, but I dip it in mustard/hot sauce for extra flavor)

• Justanotherhippy
    Justanotherhippy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Kale chips-veggie straws-almonds-watermelon or pineapple-
  • FatPorkyChop
    FatPorkyChop Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cashew nuts or other types of nuts with fruits AND Kombucha !!