I Need To Vent

Options
1235»

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I have no advice, but I can throw out cute animal gifs.
    1kzhu36jafqp.gif
    5epcf4yqac02.gif

Awwwww thank you!!
  • elphie754
    Options
    Well I brought it up again, but it was *kitten* down again. OB wasn't even sure if a doula would help. She knows how much I trust him, and understands our family dynamic (although the other girl is unable to be at all the appointments). She is going to talk with the head over at the hospital and make it very well known that both him and her are to get "daddy" bands, so they can come and go from the floor as they want. She also suggested possibly a small amount of sedative during delivery as well as pain medication, but I nixed that idea. The last thing I want is to feel like I'm spaced out.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Well I brought it up again, but it was *kitten* down again. OB wasn't even sure if a doula would help. She knows how much I trust him, and understands our family dynamic (although the other girl is unable to be at all the appointments). She is going to talk with the head over at the hospital and make it very well known that both him and her are to get "daddy" bands, so they can come and go from the floor as they want. She also suggested possibly a small amount of sedative during delivery as well as pain medication, but I nixed that idea. The last thing I want is to feel like I'm spaced out.

You will be fine

I didn't have a doula nor as much support as you do

Like losing weight it's one step at a time

And soon you will be a mom, and you'll be great at it

• Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I think you will be a great mom, and it seems you now have support of your OB and your SO's. It will all be fine.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update.
    With both partners having the 'daddy' band I am thinking there will be enough support.

I wasn't sure how the birth was going to work between the 3 of you- I should have asked.

Are you (plural) going to be taking any birthing classes? They may help everyone get an idea of what will be happening during the various stages- and how to respond.

Go without medication if you can, but maybe get a guideline in place at the hospital just in case. Better to be prepared for the unknown, than to be inappropriately medicated.

Such a wonderful thing is happening,
    Sorry I have slipped into nana mode :)

Cheers, h.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Thanks for the update.
    With both partners having the 'daddy' band I am thinking there will be enough support.

I wasn't sure how the birth was going to work between the 3 of you- I should have asked.

Are you (plural) going to be taking any birthing classes? They may help everyone get an idea of what will be happening during the various stages- and how to respond.

Go without medication if you can, but maybe get a guideline in place at the hospital just in case. Better to be prepared for the unknown, than to be inappropriately medicated.

Such a wonderful thing is happening,
    Sorry I have slipped into nana mode :)

Cheers, h.

Mostly just he will be there. While we have a very loving household, our primary relationships are with him, so we are kind of like "sister wives" even though I truly hate that term.

• elphie754
    Options
    I feel so guilty and yet can't stop laughing at the same time. This AM I woke up with all intentions of going to work, but got really really right after I woke up. We only have the one bathroom, so was trying to be nice and let her finish showering and brushing teeth before I barged in an showered. Instead, she ended up opening the door and I threw up all over her :s . I feel horrible.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    I'm glad you talked to your SO's but here's a few things.
    If you are diagnosed BP it's essential you get back on your meds ASAP after the baby is born. Talk to your OB about it. Even if they mean you can't BF (actually in your mental state I would recommend you don't BF at all as it's an added stressor and means your SO's can't really help you out in the first few weeks). Giving birth results in a huge crash in hormones for all women and in your case you need to work out ways to manage it ahead of time. PPD is no joke.
    Big hugs to you.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I feel so guilty and yet can't stop laughing at the same time. This AM I woke up with all intentions of going to work, but got really really right after I woke up. We only have the one bathroom, so was trying to be nice and let her finish showering and brushing teeth before I barged in an showered. Instead, she ended up opening the door and I threw up all over her :s . I feel horrible.

I'm sorry... I really shouldn't... but this has so much comedic potential... I just can't stop laughing at the scene playing out in my head.

*hugs* because you shouldn't feel horrible for having your body rebel against you.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

You're just preparing her for the baby's Exorcist vomiting. Good job.
  • atowinram
    atowinram Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am BPII (20 years since diagnosed; stable for 12 years)...pregnancy & bipolar are tricky, so don't beat yourself up too much. If your prenatal vitamins make you nauseated, you can take regular b-complex to at least help offset the depressive swings. As for the slightly manic/anxiety swings, the antihistamine is the best option. Benadryl has saved my butt more than once. That being said, you would be amazed at the power of a strategically placed wash cloth & ice pack! Lay down in a darkened room (put on some relaxing music if you like), place a cold washcloth over your eyes, and place an ice pack at the base of your skull. Sounds corny, but it helps a lot! Hang in there...that little one is totally worth it!! :smile:
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

This is just so funny! I would hate getting thrown up on, but I would have to laugh too. And this is the kind of story that just gets better and better over the years as you tell it.
  • elphie754
    Options
    I'm glad you talked to your SO's but here's a few things.
    If you are diagnosed BP it's essential you get back on your meds ASAP after the baby is born. Talk to your OB about it. Even if they mean you can't BF (actually in your mental state I would recommend you don't BF at all as it's an added stressor and means your SO's can't really help you out in the first few weeks). Giving birth results in a huge crash in hormones for all women and in your case you need to work out ways to manage it ahead of time. PPD is no joke.
    Big hugs to you.

It is already planned to go back on medication ASAP.
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

I'm sorry... I really shouldn't... but this has so much comedic potential... I just can't stop laughing at the scene playing out in my head.

*hugs* because you shouldn't feel horrible for having your body rebel against you.

I felt so bad but now I can't stop laughing.
    zyxst wrote: »

You're just preparing her for the baby's Exorcist vomiting. Good job.

Haha
  • elphie754
    Options
    atowinram wrote: »
    I am BPII (20 years since diagnosed; stable for 12 years)...pregnancy & bipolar are tricky, so don't beat yourself up too much. If your prenatal vitamins make you nauseated, you can take regular b-complex to at least help offset the depressive swings. As for the slightly manic/anxiety swings, the antihistamine is the best option. Benadryl has saved my butt more than once. That being said, you would be amazed at the power of a strategically placed wash cloth & ice pack! Lay down in a darkened room (put on some relaxing music if you like), place a cold washcloth over your eyes, and place an ice pack at the base of your skull. Sounds corny, but it helps a lot! Hang in there...that little one is totally worth it!! :smile:

Other than folic acid, I stopped taking prenatals. It just wasn't worth it.

This is just so funny! I would hate getting thrown up on, but I would have to laugh too. And this is the kind of story that just gets better and better over the years as you tell it.

I agree. We are both laughing about it now.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Geez. When it rains it pours when it comes to bad things happening in our family.

So a few weeks ago, his car was stolen, from in front of a police precinct. Okay, we can deal with 2 instead of three cars. But nope! Sometime last night one of the other cars was broken into and they actually stole the car battery. Like wtf?!? On top of everything else going on, it's been a bit crazy here.