Men would you date a pretty 200 pound woman?

Options

Replies

• _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Hypothetically since I'm married and no longer able to date, (much to the disappointment of all of the women at my gym, who are obviously swooning over my every move).

(For example, just the other day this very attractive lady said this to me:

"Are you done using this bench press?"

I mean my god woman, can you make it any more obvious that you yearn for my loins?)

(And then there's the senior center where they put out the coffee.

Gertrude was pouring her coffee while watching CNN and she said "Cold out there today!"

Jeez woman control yourself. I know I'm a strapping bearded hunk of ginger manliness but come on, this is a family oriented building).

Where was I....

Oh yes, back to the original question

Yes, I absolutely could. I do think I would need to have some amount of attraction (just being honest here) but that's entirely possible and I certainly wouldn't have some sort of weight standard.

This just made my whole day.
  • citylife4eva
    citylife4eva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    why not?
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I might sound shallow but I won't.

You are not shallow. You can't *kitten* someone you are not attracted to.

If you don't get to know ppl and be friends with ppl bc of their appearance that makes you shallow ;)

OP,

cliche but true...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My highest weight was 378 pounds, and I had a man who was madly, truly, and deeply in love with me. He was average size and loved every ounce of me. Your weight will only hold you back if you let it. (I am assuming this is where your question stems from)
  • ElevatedBeast
    ElevatedBeast Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't but that shouldn't affect your self-esteem.

Be sure not to use the fact that some men would accept your situation as a reason not to improve yourself. We all get caught up looking for excuses to avoid reality.
  • dawson002
    dawson002 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My wife is over 200lbs....never seen her size being an issue although I do worry about health implications.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This question is so subjective, it's impossible to answer. When you say pretty, what do you mean? Is she 5'2" or 6'1"? What is her general overall shape? Does she have skinny lips or thick lips? Does she have cankles, or is her weight generally well balanced?

These are important things to consider.
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Speaking of my own experience, I have encountered men who dated me at 200+. One married me. We have divorced, due to the fact he is a *kitten*, but I digress. I am now engaged, but when I was single, I would not have looked down on some guy who wouldn't date me because of my weight. That's his right. Just as it was my right not to date a slim guy or a guy with long hair. You can't please all the people all the time, you just have to please the right person ;)
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That's an easy question. if there's a mutual attraction i could care less what she weighs and if she is planning to lose or not. i've dated thin tone women that were a train wreck and i'll take a woman with a good head on her shoulders any day!
  • Cifucanguess
    Cifucanguess Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hypothetically since I'm married and no longer able to date, (much to the disappointment of all of the women at my gym, who are obviously swooning over my every move).

I mean my god woman, can you make it any more obvious that you yearn for my loins?)

Gertrude was pouring her coffee while watching CNN and she said "Cold out there today!"

Jeez woman control yourself. I know I'm a strapping bearded hunk of ginger manliness but come on, this is a family oriented building).

Where was I....

Yes, I absolutely could. I do think I would need to have some amount of attraction (just being honest here) but that's entirely possible and I certainly wouldn't have some sort of weight standard.

This ABSOLUTELY had me cracking up!! :)
  • Cifucanguess
    Cifucanguess Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Where was I....

:laugh:

Tell us more about this manliness :blush:

Not just manliness, but Ginger Manliness!! lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't think I've ever known the weight of any woman I've ever dated...

I only know my wife's weight because we use the same scale...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    If I'm being honest, unless she's an athlete and over 6 feet tall, no.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • TomL19842016
    TomL19842016 Posts: 26 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sure, as long as we clicked well. I mean, I'm 264 myself, so I might not be the target of this question, but I would, no problem. Though I would advise her against losing all of her weight, because then she wouldn't exist anymore, and I would no longer be able to date her.
  • chemtrailz
    chemtrailz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    yes i would
  • fastingrabbit
    fastingrabbit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like the answers of the men who say they wouldn't, because anyone considering the question -- especially phrased as it is -- can see what the "right" answer is. It takes some courage to say what you really think.

Having said that, many people find themselves dating (and marrying) people they didn't think were their type!
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I don't want anyone who wants me to be a certain weight or look a certain way. Been there, done that, and left his sorry *kitten*.

Newsflash: looks fade. Yes, physical attraction is important, but some people act as if you have to be a certain height, have certain color eyes, and weigh only x amount of pounds and not a pound more. No thanks.

I'd rather the guy who squinches his face up when I tell him I'm trying to lose weight and asks me why. He's supportive, but he thinks I look fine how I am. That's the guy I want.