Fat Shamed By Santa Claus

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    km8907 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I wonder if it motivated the kid to eat a salad?

Not really the shopping mall Santa's place to comment but it might be what the kid needs to hear.

Sad, but true. Mom needs to help her son rather than be hell bent on getting some guy fired from a job he might really need. Didn't hear Santa's side of this...was the kid sitting on his lap? It could've been an internal thought that actually slipped out.

In a way I agree. We don't know the whole story. That was my whole thought as I read the story. Maybe the kid said something that prompted it. We don't know. If Santa maliciously said it, then that is a different story.... If it was said totally randomly then mom has a reason to be upset. If something prompted it then the truth hurts sometimes.

This and some other harmless posts got flagged?? Seriously? SMH.

what? that makes no sense..I am now a as confused as you are.

Maybe it was Santa...

Santa and his elves are out to get everyone.. beware!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I wonder what the kid wished for..

In a scenario where he may have made a Christmas wish "I wish to be like the other kids at school" Maybe the Santa actually responded with advice (though poorly delivered).

I don't agree with what the Santa said but I felt the story lacked detail.

Ok EVEN if that was the scenario Santa's response should have been "If you are a good boy I will see what I can do."

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited December 2016

Not really the shopping mall Santa's place to comment but it might be what the kid needs to hear.

Sad, but true. Mom needs to help her son rather than be hell bent on getting some guy fired from a job he might really need. Didn't hear Santa's side of this...was the kid sitting on his lap? It could've been an internal thought that actually slipped out.

In a way I agree. We don't know the whole story. That was my whole thought as I read the story. Maybe the kid said something that prompted it. We don't know. If Santa maliciously said it, then that is a different story.... If it was said totally randomly then mom has a reason to be upset. If something prompted it then the truth hurts sometimes.

LOL right! I am actually sad.. I wanted my first flag to be for something super offensive! This just doesn't even make sense! Difference of opinion does not constitute a flag if that is the reason. Oh well. It's funny.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I wonder what the kid wished for..

In a scenario where he may have made a Christmas wish "I wish to be like the other kids at school" Maybe the Santa actually responded with advice (though poorly delivered).

I don't agree with what the Santa said but I felt the story lacked detail.

Ok EVEN if that was the scenario Santa's response should have been "If you are a good boy I will see what I can do."

Agreed. I just want to know the whole story haha.
  • dbanks80

LOL right! I am actually sad.. I wanted my first flag to be for something super offensive! This just doesn't even make sense! Difference of opinion does not constitute a flag if that is the reason. Oh well. It's funny.

Santa is stalking you.
  • RoxieDawn

Post was neither snarky, smarky, offensive, rude or out of context in any ways (actually none of them were)..

I am stunned at the reason. seriously.

p.s. I have been in jail.. not fun.
  • Does anyone really think that Mall-Santa said anything worse than what this kid has, or will, hear at school? I guess the real burn would be if he thought Santa was real and was a jerk.
  • dbanks80
    captbklee wrote: »
    Does anyone really think that Mall-Santa said anything worse than what this kid has, or will, hear at school? I guess the real burn would be if he thought Santa was real and was a jerk.

Wait what..Santas not real!!??? :/

• RunHardBeStrong

Post was neither snarky, smarky, offensive, rude or out of context in any ways (actually none of them were)..

I am stunned at the reason. seriously.

p.s. I have been in jail.. not fun.

Well, I would hope once the mods read these flags they will think it is just as silly as we do.
  • RoxieDawn
    I wonder if the kid believes in Santa at his age still?
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    This truly makes me sad. This world has produced Santa that hurtful to little children. Fat shaming is completely wrong. I say stop it. This little boy's self esteem is going to be messed up. I know this cause. I heard such things my whole life. :(
  • RunHardBeStrong
    dbanks80 wrote: »

Santa is stalking you.

If that is the case, he must be really bored!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

I wondered why the kid was interacting with the Santa anyway.
  • RoxieDawn

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

me too actually.
  • RunHardBeStrong

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

Again, we are only seeing one side of the story. I hate the media and have not watched the actual news in years for this reason. It is always twisted to make a good story regardless of what really happened. Not to mention it is usually depressing.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    as sad as it is, if i was this child's mother i would use the situation to have a convo with him about his weight/eating habits. not santas place for sure, but somebody should be parenting this child and helping him make better food decisions. instead, she has this kid playing the victim and getting pity. in my opinion, the mother is the only person to put blame on in this story.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    km8907 wrote: »
    I don't believe in "shaming", but suggesting a kid should drop a few pounds isn't shaming, that's just good advice. that kid is like 11, and weighs as much as some full grown men. He was probably just looking out for the kid.

The kid is 9, and he told him to lay off the burgers and french fries. It's wasn't helpful, it wasn't out of loving concern, it was downright mean. I'm sure that kid probably gets bullied enough at school, he shouldn't hear it from Santa.

Agreed. Probably could have handled that a little more tactfully. Some people are so weird though. If you see a child running out in front of a car, and don't try to stop them, everybody freaks out, and says, why didn't you do anything? However, if you mention to a parent that their child's eating habits are going to make them unhealthy, they tell you to mind your own business and freak out over that too...double-edge sword I guess.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

Again, we are only seeing one side of the story. I hate the media and have not watched the actual news in years for this reason. It is always twisted to make a good story regardless of what really happened. Not to mention it is usually depressing.

Yep, we haven't heard the Santa's side of the story although it would be difficult to explain this kind of treatment to a nine year old.

If the kid was nineteen it might be different. ... but he wasn't.

Maybe the Santa was clowning? Dunno. It doesn't matter really.

Let's hope the parent(s) use this as a teaching moment.
  • dbanks80
    as sad as it is, if i was this child's mother i would use the situation to have a convo with him about his weight/eating habits. not santas place for sure, but somebody should be parenting this child and helping him make better food decisions. instead, she has this kid playing the victim and getting pity. in my opinion, the mother is the only person to put blame on in this story.

Did you take a look at the mom. Someone needs to school her first about eating habits.