Fat Shamed By Santa Claus

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Is this the "fake news" we've been hearing so much about?

No way!

This story appeared on the interwebz; it was to be true.

It's the law.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    vaman wrote: »
    I sure did! That wasn't my intent at all, I just did a very bad job at quoting... ;)

You should have flagged your own post and then engaged in an all out shouting match with yourself.
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Mean, inappropriate and irresponsible of Santa. Never trust a seedy old bloke who likes to have kiddies sit on his knee.

But now, thanks to mum, he's interwebz news, and if he ever goes to school, he's the kid who is so fat that even Santa tells him to lay off the junk food.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Regardless of intent and all else, having been a fat kid,

a fat adolescent,

a fat teenager

and a fat adult

I can tell you someone [anyone] saying that would not help the situation. Ever.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    People who are overweight don't need to be told they're overweight. They know it. Hopefully THE MOTHER does something to help her kid fix it and not worry so much about the fake Santa. The media will take care of him.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Nothing like hurting a child's feelings and ruining the magic of Christmas for him, poor kid.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I am alarmed to admit... that... I agree with @Cutaway_Collar! (and Playdoh Pants, Alatariel, GreenGoddess, newmeadow and others)

We've totally outdone Santa's fat shaming here! Sheesh! This is all so freaking bizarre. I can't believe this thread is still going.
  • chemtrailz
    chemtrailz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wish Santa fat shamed me when i was younger .
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I am alarmed to admit... that... I agree with @Cutaway_Collar! (and Playdoh Pants, Alatariel, GreenGoddess, newmeadow and others)

We've totally outdone Santa's fat shaming here! Sheesh! This is all so freaking bizarre. I can't believe this thread is still going.

ugh why did I read this thread...I agree with you Pep.
    Ahhh MFP how you never cease to amaze me
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Funny thing this morning, I was changing the channel to put the TV on Sirius satellite and saw that this story made it to my very own local news.

15 minutes of fame, perhaps longer and maybe a suit to follow.. i see win win for mommy. :(
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    They'll sue. And probably settle out of court for a million dollars. I do feel bad for the kid, he looks very hurt.

Bingo. We can only guess at the mother's motivation, and I sincerely hope she is acting in what she believes is the best interest of her child ... but what else besides money could compel a mom to trot her child into the spotlight for something like this? Santa Guy did a bad thing, no doubt about it ... but this whole mess seems like a Rube Goldberg machine made of bad decisions that began and ended with that young mother. So sad.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    Playing devil's advocate here (mostly. Sometimes I think I'm just an @$$hole), but I don't think Santa should be sued for being a jerk. This kid just got taste of real life. The world is rough. As much as we want to make it sunshine, lollypops, and rainbows, shaming will always happen. Steel sharpens steel.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    Playing devil's advocate here (mostly. Sometimes I think I'm just an @$$hole), but I don't think Santa should be sued for being a jerk. This kid just got taste of real life. The world is rough. As much as we want to make it sunshine, lollypops, and rainbows, shaming will always happen. Steel sharpens steel.

v0x6lc0thb4q.jpg
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    @GleisnerBot I watched this movie yesterday...I laughed me head off. I watched it when it first came out, but I didn't remember it being that funny.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    The kid clearly needs to lose some weight, maybe this will help.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »

I agree. I don't think it is at all sue worthy. Part of this society's problem is they put their problems on everyone else and want them to pay for it. Life sucks sometimes. It is not fair. Move on. My husband was tragically hurt in a work accident two years ago due to someone else's negligence. It has altered his/our lives forever. We have NOT sued anyone. *kitten* happens. Accidents happen. Sometimes things get said that shouldn't have.

I am in no way condoning what Santa said, even if the kid told him he wanted to be thinner for Christmas he could have worded it differently or changed the subject but it happened. Again, I will stand by we don't know the whole story regardless of those that have stated the whole story doesn't matter. It does. Santa has been made out to be a complete monster here. Do we know if he has a bunch of complaints against him or did he make one really really stupid comment? Don't we ALL make a stupid comment now and then? Haven't we all done or said something we regret? Should someone alert the media next time you screw up and make you out to be a monster too? My honest thought here is the mother alerting the media and making a big deal out of it has probably embarrassed the kid more than Santa did. If Santa had said that to me at 9 years old, yes it would hurt my feelings. If my mother made a huge deal out of it, I would be absolutely mortified!
  • _MotherSuperior_
    _MotherSuperior_ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The kid clearly needs to lose some weight, maybe this will help.

Says the guy who lives on nothing but poutine and maple syrup. Don't listen to this guy, kids.
    xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif