Very Awkward To Ask...

Options

Replies

• caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You can check the calories burned by having sex here. I log it on MFP as aerobic exercise.

We can have sex here? sweet

LMAO!!!!! See I knew this was better than eHarmony!!!!!! \
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rn_jacki
    rn_jacki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I "googled" this just two weeks ago. Found an awesome article by a guy that decided it would be his main form of exercise...what a shock :-) His research showed intercourse burned 250 calories an hour (I think) and foreplay burned 350 calories an hour. However, according to this article, the average person participates in only 20 minutes of foreplay and 10 minutes of intercourse at a time. He then got all mathematical and subtracted the difference between calories lost during sexual activity vs. sitting on the couch watching TV and totaled it to be about 48 calories per experience. I thought this sounded like a fair number; nothing that would replace exercise, but enough to give me some incentive to have more sex with my husband, so I do track it....more for fun though :-)
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Just think about it like any other exercise. 30 minutes of your heart rate up, you're on top and you're sweating, then yes you probably burn some good calories. But if it's 10 minutes and you're on the bottom, likely not!

My thoughts: leave sex as your pleasure. If you make it about burning calories, there goes the fun! Leave the calorie burning to actual exercises.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It honestly depends on what your doing and for how long.... ;-)
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    250 calories an hour!!!...WOW.....I wonder what it would be like to actually ingage in sex for an hour.....hmmmm!.....LOL

I do plan on wearing my HRM next time because I am very curious about this!!!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Depends if your husband/bf is a minute man... rofl
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'll wear my HRM tonight and get back to you on that... haha :bigsmile:
  • sugarbugger
    Options
    250 calories per hour for intercourse, 350 for foreplay?? What...but how...which way...ah I give up. :huh:
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    You can check the calories burned by having sex here. I log it on MFP as aerobic exercise.

We can have sex here? sweet

Hahahahahaha.

Depends on what's going on, to be honest.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Just so you know, there was a forum similar to this the other day and it was deleted. Fair warning :(
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    If you exert a lot of energy - then yes it burns calories...but it's difficult to determine as no one has sex the same exact way as an other.

Sex on an exercise ball is a good work out for the both of you...really works your core ;)
  • AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    It does if you do it on an exercise bike and are the pedaler.

LOL, don't know why this made me laugh so hard, but it did!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    If you exert a lot of energy - then yes it burns calories...but it's difficult to determine as no one has sex the same exact way as an other.

Sex on an exercise ball is a good work out for the both of you...really works your core ;)

Hmmmm officially a new idea for the excercise ball!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    So what I'm taking away from this is that sex will burn some calories but not a huge amount. Therefore if I want to use it as an "exercise" I guess I'm going to have to do A LOT of it! Oh well. If I must, I must I guess! Work, work, work in the pursuit of health and fitness!
  • txgator
    txgator Posts: 65
    Options
    Amazing what a missing bit of punctuation can do to a sentence...lol
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    All I know is after an hour on the elliptical I am sweaty, but not super exhausted, and have burned roughly 600 calories. After around ten minutes of sex I am super sweaty and need to sleep for ten hours.
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    I absolutely love all the answers, a lot of which made me laugh. I would never log any of it as exercise. It is strictly pleasure lol! I was just curious if anyone knew! Thanks for all the comments!
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    All I know is after an hour on the elliptical I am sweaty, but not super exhausted, and have burned roughly 600 calories. After around ten minutes of sex I am super sweaty and need to sleep for ten hours.

AGREE!!! :laugh:
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

AGREE!!! :laugh:

That has to do with the pleasure hormones released during sex........
    Unfortunantly for me sex invigorates me. My BF teases that im the "energizer bunny" even when Im the one exerting more effort based on position
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Sex is the only time I can have pie and not consume any calories.