Fat suckers?

Options
Has anyone ever tried using those fat sucking things..lol...a gurdle-type apparatus that is worn under clothing? What are they called?..lol...do they make a difference? add shape to your figures??

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Spanx?
  • rainydayducki
    Options
    Like Spanx? I where shapers under my work clothes sometimes.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    if it is spanx they are the wonderful. better than any girdle.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    My family calls the "Smashers" because that is what they do! I wear them, mostly to deal with the chub rub. Be careful, they can just shove your fat out the top/bottom. SOOOO be aware, if you get the right size/kind there is a noticeable difference.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    spanx are great..I Heart them.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Girdle, body shapers, Spanx - the list can go on and on. I am going to look into some good ones for my tummy...after having 3 babies the skin on my belly is shot. I don't really want to have major surgery and I know of no other way to help make the excess skin go away.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My favorite when I am wearing dresses... no panty lines and... yes... they do work. The good ones.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have two cami's that are fat suckers - one I got from Target and one I got from WalMart. They smooth things out nicely. I pull the top down under my bra and it gives my boobs a nice lift, too! I don't wear it every day, but when I'm going out for the night, I like to put it on - it gives me a little confidence boost!
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Like my spanx! There are different types based on money and thickness. You can get the REALLY nice ones where you look like you've lost 15-20 pounds, and it does a great job of smoothing everything out. Those are tougher to get into, thicker, and more expensive. So if you are in a hot climate, it can be a little miserable if you wear those. I get the medium thickness, I can breathe in it just fine, it goes up to my bra so it helps with back fat (ughhh!). It was 30 dollars and I love it because when I change pant sizes, it makes the lower size not as tight because its smoothed out. :) Good luck!
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    i have this: http://www.hourglassangel.com/shape-wear/enhancement-level/enhancement-level-maximum/butterfly?cPath=8_9_24 it helped in the beginning! thats how i was able to lose 10 lbs easily :) even if i dont have an hourglass figure LOL. :D ive never tried spanx...id like to!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I wear them under my dresses that I wear to work and to church. My husband says I cheat. lol But I do get compliments on losing weight when I wear them. lol If they only knew!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I wear them under my dresses that I wear to work and to church. My husband says I cheat. lol But I do get compliments on losing weight when I wear them. lol If they only knew!!

Nothing wrong with a little lift and tuck! :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    It's a crutch IMO. Mentally using them makes you think that you don't really need to lose that extra fat.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It's a crutch IMO. Mentally using them makes you think that you don't really need to lose that extra fat.

Haha, never put one on, have you? Trust me, it does anything BUT make you think you don't need to lose the extra fat after spending minutes upon hours attempting to wiggle into one and then adjusting and bathrooms?... forget about it.
  • RachVR6
    Options

Haha, never put one on, have you? Trust me, it does anything BUT make you think you don't need to lose the extra fat after spending minutes upon hours attempting to wiggle into one and then adjusting and bathrooms?... forget about it.

:laugh: Yes!!! Potty breaks are the worst!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

So in other words you're buying clothes that are too small or uncomplimentary to your current figure? I know people want to look good in clothing, but to use something to make you "fit" into them is a crutch. Again, just my opinion on it.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I stretched out my fat sucker. :noway: I haven't worn it in almost a year tho, it was AMAZING when it used to suck me in tho :laugh: I don't need it anymore, but when I did, love love loved it.

And I :heart: that you called it a fat sucker. My RL friends used to make fun of me for calling it that.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

So in other words you're buying clothes that are too small or uncomplimentary to your current figure? I know people want to look good in clothing, but to use something to make you "fit" into them is a crutch. Again, just my opinion on it.

LOL you can be as difficult as you'd like to be. Some people just are.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    They sell a brand at Target called "Assets" and i love them! They are much cheaper than Spanx and do a great job. I like the footless tights!
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options

i beg to disagree. i have been using spanx and other "foundation" garments for years. the process of getting into them (and out) ALWAYS makes me think i need to lose weight! i like the smoothing effect. and to tell the truth sometimes going up a size in clothing is not the solution. many times, at least for me, an outfit will fit almost perfectly everywhere except my stomach. with a shaper i'm able to smooth that part out and have everything else be in proportion.