looking for buddies with hypothyroidism

Options
2»

Replies

• kellyw92
    kellyw92 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I've been struggling with hypothyroid since 2012, after my 2nd child in 2015 I was treated for anxiety/depression I am still on anti depressants as well as 25 mcg of synthroid, same dose since 2012, and have packed on a good 30 lbs in 3 months! I'm afraid to switch meds for mental health reasons but I never feel good, I have good days but mostly *kitten* lol I am just beginning the research to aid my thyroid because my docs tell me the numbers are "normal" any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Feel free to add me to your list.

I had a total thyroidectomy in 2000 and put on ~70 lbs due to not being aware of my caloric intake, shifting from a high active military career to a cushy civilian job in academia, and pretty much stopping working out. Since I found MFP 2 years ago I lost ~60 lbs and feeling great. I'm on 175/200 mcg Synthroid alternating daily. My TSH is in the .1-.2 range.

A key with all hormonal conditions is that they will not be in balance if you are overweight. Hormones are free cycling and this make is tremendously difficult to be at normal levels. Set your numbers in MFP, use light to moderate exercise, drink plenty of water and stick with a routine. It doesn't matter so much what the routine is as long as it is something you can live with for the rest of your life.
  • moomin492
    moomin492 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Any thyroid friends want to add me