Question for WOMEN?????

Options

Replies

• morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    <
    7 pound weight...we did the biggest loser and I hated weighing the weeks Aunt Flo was here...I paid AT LEAST 5 dollars those weeks...
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would gain anywhere between 3-5 lbs. Had an ablation done 4 weeks ago today and so far I am up 1 lb.
  • ayesha30
    ayesha30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Diurex,that's funny, one of my friends told me about them yesterday!!
  • lawilgus
    lawilgus Posts: 21
    Options
    I guess my question is are you guys on a birth control? I am, and I don't really have this issue. Or not that I have really noticed!? I absolutely do not lose during TOM, but I don't notice a substantial weight gain.

Detailed question because I always wonder: Do you guys weigh with/without products in/on or just try to weigh when you put on fresh in the morning? I am very picky about how I weigh...
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I gain anywhere between 5 and 8 pounds starting the week leading up to TOM and the first 3 days of TOM. Then I pee all day for a couple of days and it all falls off. I also find that about d24 of my cycle I become constantly famished, even if I'm eating incredibly healthy, filling meals. No matter what I do, all I want to do is eat, so I up my water intake to try to keep my stomach more full. It doesn't always work, but then usually once the weight falls off I end up to the negative again. It was frustrating when I was on Weight Watchers because it kept me from ever reaching maintenance (it actually bumped me out of maintenance 3 months in a row before I finally quit WW).

Isn't the human (woman) body a wonderful thing?!?! lol
  • westindya
    westindya Posts: 4
    Options
    girl, you are not alone! i gain an avg of 4 lbs! discouraging but only superficially! my clothes do not fit any differently and it is temporary. don't be hard on yourself.
  • PassionScentsLady
    Options
    Yes unfortunately....4-6 lbs and it stays with me for about 10 days...before, during, and a little after.

I also get migraines real bad during that whole time and my doctor said it's mostly due to water weight. He offered to give me a prescription for it (basically a water pill with more punch than an over the counter) but I would have to take it every day, not just during those 10 days...I passed because I didn't want to have to deal with the side effects of it.

So there is something you can take to ease the water weight gain, but I don't think it's worth the side effects.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yep. Usually 2-4 pounds. Blech.
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes! I gained exactly 4 pounds a few weeks ago...so frustrating. I was pretty bummed about it until I reminded myself that I stay within my calorie range and do the exercise. I can trust the science of moving more and eating less! Within a few days everythng went back to normal...yours will too.
  • Boladefuego326
    Boladefuego326 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    :( yea I gain ALOT :(
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes but it doesn't last...it DOES go back down once my body is back to normal again. It's annoying but nothing we can do about it! We're retaining water and lots of other fun things! **gag**
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I do then have a great loss after.

Me too !! I feel like i only loose like a pound for 3 weeks then Tom comes and the week after im down 4-5 pounds and it stays. Weird but i guess I'll take it
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I guess my question is are you guys on a birth control? I am, and I don't really have this issue. Or not that I have really noticed!? I absolutely do not lose during TOM, but I don't notice a substantial weight gain.

Detailed question because I always wonder: Do you guys weigh with/without products in/on or just try to weigh when you put on fresh in the morning? I am very picky about how I weigh...

Im on birth control ( a pill).. I stay the same for 3 weeks on the pill, only losing up to a lb or 2 if lucky, then TOM comes and I drop 4-5 lbs, and it stays down. I just weigh my self in the am after freshening up..
  • arlingtonangel
    arlingtonangel Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I always do due to bloating and water weight. I take Midol the day before and the day of weigh in because it helps with both. HTH
  • Succor
    Succor Posts: 2
    Options
    I always gain weight during my period usually 2-3 lbs. I take excedrin menstrual pills to relive the bloating and I don't drink any carbonated beverages. Try that and see if it helps keep that weight down.
  • H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
  • flamnfrekelz
    Options
    i usually gain a little weight (about 2-3 lbs) but i typically equate it to bloating....i personally skip recording me weight the week that i am on my cycle
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing when my "Aunt Flo" came to visit this morning. I am going to weigh in next week instead of this weekend. I would hate to kill my motivation.
  • ayesha30
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing when my "Aunt Flo" came to visit this morning. I am going to weigh in next week instead of this weekend. I would hate to kill my motivation.
    I will definitely wait until next Friday!!
  • ayesha30
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try that, I'll try anything at this point....lol:happy: