Options
123457»

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I wonder if the kid believes in Santa at his age still?

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

I wondered why the kid was interacting with the Santa anyway.

I think it depends if he is an only child or not. I was the youngest of 4 so I never actually believed (though it was still fun to pretend). I wonder if my oldest brother believed when he was young though. Some children do have very sheltered lives and it is possible to still believe at 9 years old.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    The kid clearly needs to lose some weight, maybe this will help.

Says the guy who lives on nothing but poutine and maple syrup. Don't listen to this guy, kids.
    xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif

I wish I was told I was fat more at that age, maybe I would have lost weight before high school and gotten all the ladies!!!

rKrnYVct7GwmI.gif

^ You at any weight with the ladies.

If my MFP hit list is any indication...it's the opposite of that!!!

Great! Taking advantage of women who (probably) have self confidence issues, and are emotionally vulnerable. You are a class act.

You have to take what you can get, my friend! NO SHAME!!!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Period Enthusiast
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

1gkQiCsXoUkCs.gif

And by "kid", I mean @Escloflowne
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The kid clearly needs to lose some weight, maybe this will help.

Says the guy who lives on nothing but poutine and maple syrup. Don't listen to this guy, kids.
    xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif

I wish I was told I was fat more at that age, maybe I would have lost weight before high school and gotten all the ladies!!!

rKrnYVct7GwmI.gif

^ You at any weight with the ladies.

If my MFP hit list is any indication...it's the opposite of that!!!

Great! Taking advantage of women who (probably) have self confidence issues, and are emotionally vulnerable. You are a class act.

You have to take what you can get, my friend! NO SHAME!!!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Period Enthusiast
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

Exhibit A:

CJzLTiz.gif

Haha...I guess self respect is overrated.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

I think it depends if he is an only child or not. I was the youngest of 4 so I never actually believed (though it was still fun to pretend). I wonder if my oldest brother believed when he was young though. Some children do have very sheltered lives and it is possible to still believe at 9 years old.

My child is a very bright 8 year old but still believes because I like to think Christmas is a magical time and Santa is part of that magic. I still believe in the spirit of Santa. Why do we have to make kids grow up so fast?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

Dunno.... 9 seems like a real stretch.

I'm an only child and had the whole ruse figured out by the age of 5.

Maybe this nine year old is a bit.... slow.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

My child is a very bright 8 year old but still believes because I like to think Christmas is a magical time and Santa is part of that magic. I still believe in the spirit of Santa. Why do we have to make kids grow up so fast?

Agreed! My youngest is almost 8 and still believes. She does question at times because of some kids at school have repeated what their parents have said. I want her to believe for at least another year or two but I have a feeling this may be the last year. Not because I am going to tell her but kids talk.
  • synchkat
    Options

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

maybe his parents want to preserve what little innocence kids have these days.
  • synchkat
    Options

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

Agreed! My youngest is almost 8 and still believes. She does question at times because of some kids at school have repeated what their parents have said. I want her to believe for at least another year or two but I have a feeling this may be the last year. Not because I am going to tell her but kids talk.

ya kids talk for sure. At a party on Tuesday the boy told me who he thought Santa was so I told the organizer and she said bring him over I'll tell him so she did. It's nice when kids get to be kids and get wide eyed and full of wonder. They have enough years ahead of them to see and experience all the crap the world has to throw at them. And as my mom told us if you believe in Santa he brings you gifts so I still believe
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

I hear ya. .... that's a tall order, I've been there; believe me.

Our kids had it figured out by age six.

Our son really, really wanted to believe and was hanging on to a little sliver of hope.

He asked to stay up and wait until Santa arrived. I told him that would be difficult because Santa could show up hours into the night.

Our son, at six years of age, told me that he would just drink a lot of coffee to stay awake.

I told him: you'll need something a lot stronger than coffee to stay up.

" really? What is stronger than coffee ?"

Well.... nyquil. Nyquil is much stronger than coffee.

"Okay! Nyquil, I want some of that nyquil stuff ! "

So I gave him a lil taste of Nyquil.

He stayed awake until 3 am.

Bwahahaha! Don't you love it when it backfires?!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

My homeschooled only child thought Santa was creepy so we had a Christmas dog delivering her gift. (She also had the Easter beagle and dog tooth fairy. Dogs were cool, people were creepy.) I'd say she gave up pretending about it by 7-8 years old. When she questioned it we asked what she thought and followed her lead. After that period ended, we moved to each playing Santa and filling another family member's stocking.
    I was about 4 years when my older siblings (7 & 8 years) told me there was no Santa. I wasn't upset. I never once told my parents I didn't believe though. Left out milk and cookies, wrote letters without believing for years and got a stocking filled every year even as a young adult.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/12/when-do-kids-stop-believing-in-santa/383958/
    5 years seems to be when belief peaks for most kids but 9 is the oldest they include in their survey.

We know nothing about this boy except his appearance, age and what was said to him. He may believe in Santa or he may not. He may have siblings or not. He may be sheltered or not be neuorotypical or have health issues for all we know and Santa is more important to him than it would be to another 9 year old. Maybe he just went grudgingly because his parent wanted a typical Christmas photo and he got insulted and embarrased nationwide by adults who all should know better.

There are some great stories of sweet Santas really making kids feel more comfortable and happy... like getting down on the floor with them. It is too bad this one decided to go the other way.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

Our son really, really wanted to believe and was hanging on to a little sliver of hope.

He asked to stay up and wait until Santa arrived. I told him that would be difficult because Santa could show up hours into the night.

Our son, at six years of age, told me that he would just drink a lot of coffee to stay awake.

Bwahahaha! Don't you love it when it backfires?!

My daughter, not to be out done by her brother, also requested a shot of Nyquil.

She didn't last long.

I had to stay up with him until 3 am; it was brutal.

.... it's my favorite Christmas Story.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

At nine years of age?

Geez... I hope not.

@Motorsheen LMAO!!!! You are so bad!!! That is hilarious!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    All I can say is poor kid..I think the adults are all taking advantage of the situation..
    And Im glad my kids are all older because..as much as other people have great ideas on how to raise children these days and are vocal with their opinions..I don't give a *kitten* cause..my kids were raised MY way......and I don't give two hoots if anyone thought MY way was right or not..

They feigned believing in Santa for a long time which I appreciated :D ....one said the other day."is Santa bringing me a bottle of rum this year?"... :D

• nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha so many judgements but he wasn't sitting in your lap. And come on laying off burgers and fries shouldn't be demonized on a fitness site
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with fat shaming ever especially a kid, BUT thats just me. I'm also kinda weird in that I was honest about Santa from the start (my kids never believed but also were told others do so don't spoil it).

Both of my children and 2 of my grandchildren (my 3rd is only 9 months old) got chubby during the age of this kid 8-11 ish. ALL 4 of them are fit and out grew their chubbiness. So this kid COULD out grow this inspite of his family just as my kids did and I have always battled by weight.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    Bahahaha so many judgements but he wasn't sitting in your lap. And come on laying off burgers and fries shouldn't be demonized on a fitness site

Wait a minute. Were you the Santa? The burger and fry Santa?

Ugh busted but in my defense my lap had gotten tender and it was close to the end of my shift. Didn't think he would go snitching to his mom