What's your "Go to" snack?

Options

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Jiffy Pop kettle corn 100 calorie mini-bag OR Apple and cottage cheese.
  • SlothLady97
    SlothLady97 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I like having a bag of skinny pop around. Air popped popcorn is pretty low calories, so I can munch for a while.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Fruit, oatmeal
  • myfightsong88
    myfightsong88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, pop chips, fiber one bars, crackers and cheese
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots + Hummus
    Greek yogurt (sometimes I add fruit, sometimes I eat it plain)
    Toast + Almond Butter + a drizzle of honey
    Cottage cheese
    Nuts (usually almonds, pistachios or peanuts)
    Popcorn
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup mixed nuts (it's 170 calories, but the fat and protein really fill me up)
    Also, one piece of fun size candy is really reasonable in terms of calories, I've been having those as desserts. Although they do nothing to actually make me full. If I'm really hungry I'll eat something nutritious.

This week, I'm going to try for turkey slices, pickles, and pretzels (35 pretzel sticks only has 110 calories) because it has protein and seems satisfying.
  • aussieketogal
    aussieketogal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hummus, capsicum, snow peas and celery is one of my main snacks.
  • emmam1212
    emmam1212 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Specifically weight watchers brand lite mozzarella string cheese (50cals) or Organic Valley pepperjack or cheddar cheese sticks (80cals). Cheese in general I've found it is more filling than most things, easy to grab and go and has very few calories.
  • pnwphotographer
    pnwphotographer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I enjoy seaweed. I can get some great flavors, it's lightweight for hiking/exploring, the small packages are great for my desk, it's low in calories and most people turn their head to it so I don't have to share it much :)
  • davdampa1066
    davdampa1066 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bagel toasted, avocado, smoked salmon
  • davdampa1066
    davdampa1066 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hobnob buiscuit , warmed strawberries until slightly mushy, low fat Greek yogurt ,teaspoon of honey
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    i turn snacks into light meals some days ,, as far as thru the day a cup of coffee seems to be my go to snack .

good luck
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Cashews have been saving me at work lately
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    That depends on what time of month it is. PMS I try to keep peanut butter, almonds, cheese, cottage cheese, boiled eggs on hand. I like to pair these with an apple, grapes, oranges, or bananas, blueberries, or strawberries.This combination of food tends to help keep me from eating everything in sight. I still feel hungry, but it's much more manageable. If PMS isn't driving my hunger I can just eat whatever and it doesn't seem to matter.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Tootsie Pops
    Tootsie Pops huh. Are those like tootsie rolls lol?

tootsie.com/candy/tootsie-pops/tootsie-pops
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    When I snack at work, I snack for flavor and not to fill myself up. My current desk stash has that in mind: Nut/seed snack bars, Skittles, Larabar bites, chocolate coconut candies, gummy candies, mini cookie packs, fruit chews, chocolate peanut butter cups, and 100-calorie almond packs. One of these will usually kick any craving I have -- they range from 60-200 calories each.

Those Larabar bites are awesome.

To answer the thread, my current favorite snacks are a couple of Brazil nuts or walnuts. Just a few... maybe 10 grams worth.
  • FransessM
    FransessM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cherry Tomatoes. A bit sweet, low cal, filling, full of protein, vitamin C and Lycopene. Love it!
  • JBella0125
    JBella0125 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1) Edamame steamer bags
    2) Celery and Carrots
    3) Luna Bars-- My favorite are Chocolate Coconut and Nutz over Chocolate (tastes like a candy bar to me)
    4) Complete Cookie by Lenny and Larry-- My favorites are lemon poppyseed and peanut butter
  • jlavdl86
    jlavdl86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Chickpeas, tomatoes, cukes, red onion that has been sitting in red wine vinegar and lemon juice.

Carrots and opa feta dill dressing.

Yogurt, berries, and Cheerios.

Deli meat with laughing cow cheese spread inside with a cucumber spear rolled up like sushi.

Nuts

Wasa crackers topped with hummus and tabouli
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    JBella0125 wrote: »
    1) Edamame steamer bags
    2) Celery and Carrots
    3) Luna Bars-- My favorite are Chocolate Coconut and Nutz over Chocolate (tastes like a candy bar to me)

4) Complete Cookie by Lenny and Larry-- My favorites are lemon poppyseed and peanut butter

The peppermint stick ones are freaking amazing too