My mom's death sparked my weight loss of 110 lbs.

Options

Replies

• JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    :smile: very inspiring! thanks for sharing!
  • sarahcs424
    sarahcs424 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    WOW your amazing! You've done so good I know your mother is very proud!
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    Wow! You are such an amazing inspiration. You look fabulous!
  • Christina269
    Christina269 Posts: 110
    Options
    YOU. Are. AWESOME.
  • valeriaehines
    valeriaehines Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS TO YOU!!!! AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

I lost my mom 10-27-10. In April 2010 my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. She had high blood pressure for years, and a heavy smoker for years. My mom did not eat healthy and was not in good spirit. She did not want to worry us. So she kept everything to herself. She complained about going to the doctor until one day my brother noticed that my mom did not look right. My family and I took care of my mom 24 hours a day. My mom lived in Illinois and I live in Milwaukee. I would drive down on Friday night and stay til Sunday evening to help take care of her. When my mom died on 10-27-10 my body took a wake up call. ( it is time to get healthy and eat right). My blood pressure range was 160/100 since i joined MFP my blood pressure range now is 104/74 and 23 pound lighter. One thing I learned from my mom is " Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. I will always love and miss my mom Laura Jane Mack RIP.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS TO YOU!!!! AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

I lost my mom 10-27-10. In April 2010 my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. She had high blood pressure for years, and a heavy smoker for years. My mom did not eat healthy and was not in good spirit. She did not want to worry us. So she kept everything to herself. She complained about going to the doctor until one day my brother noticed that my mom did not look right. My family and I took care of my mom 24 hours a day. My mom lived in Illinois and I live in Milwaukee. I would drive down on Friday night and stay til Sunday evening to help take care of her. When my mom died on 10-27-10 my body took a wake up call. ( it is time to get healthy and eat right). My blood pressure range was 160/100 since i joined MFP my blood pressure range now is 104/74 and 23 pound lighter. One thing I learned from my mom is " Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. I will always love and miss my mom Laura Jane Mack RIP.
    Awww. I am so sorry for your loss as well. I am glad we both learned something from these sad events.

Thanks, everyone!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your Mom.

CONGRATS!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! thanks for sharing with us Amy!!! I really appreciate the point you made about making our diaries public and I know I do better when I make my diary public or at least share it with my friends.

Keep up the good work!!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your Mom.

CONGRATS!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! thanks for sharing with us Amy!!! I really appreciate the point you made about making our diaries public and I know I do better when I make my diary public or at least share it with my friends.

Keep up the good work!!
    Making so my friends can see my diary DOES really motivate me to not eat poorly. :smile:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Good for you for changing the pattern and setting an example for your children. :flowerforyou:

You look great! :drinker:
  • renaegonz
    renaegonz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Motivation to be healthy for your children is an awesome attribute....and I must say you look absolutely amazing. ~ Be blessed.~ :smile:
  • nighthawk327
    Options
    You look fantastic, almost a different person!! Congratulations! :) I am sorry for your loss, and the losses of all the others who've posted here... Terrible thing to go through, but at least something positive came from it. One of the main reasons I'm also here trying to lose weight (other than cosmetic reasons) is that I don't want to end up with diabetes or organ failure, they're both terrible terrible things. My husband's mom went through a number of illnesses, ate terribly, never exercised and never took care of herself in later years. A few years back, she died from end stage colon cancer (and another cancer I forget at the moment), I never got to meet either of his parents. And seeing my own dad have to go through knee replacement surgery (when my own knees are not doing that great) was definitely another wake-up call for me.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    You look fantastic, almost a different person!! Congratulations! :) I am sorry for your loss, and the losses of all the others who've posted here... Terrible thing to go through, but at least something positive came from it. One of the main reasons I'm also here trying to lose weight (other than cosmetic reasons) is that I don't want to end up with diabetes or organ failure, they're both terrible terrible things. My husband's mom went through a number of illnesses, ate terribly, never exercised and never took care of herself in later years. A few years back, she died from end stage colon cancer (and another cancer I forget at the moment), I never got to meet either of his parents. And seeing my own dad have to go through knee replacement surgery (when my own knees are not doing that great) was definitely another wake-up call for me.
    I am sorry to hear about your in-laws and your dad.
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    WOW! So inspiring. It's amazing how an event can change your thinking almost instantly...My husband and I understand.. about 2 1/2 months ago we thought my husband had a heart attack (it turned out to be just a warning sign) but we took it seriously and started making changes ASAP! We are trying to make this a life long change so that we can be around together longer!! So far he has lost almost 50 lbs and I've lost around 20. Seeing your story and pics, makes me think even more adamantly that, YES we CAN do this!!!
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    How amazing that you took something so tragic and turned it into such a positive experience. You look a-maz-ing!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Thanks!
  • msstillion79
    msstillion79 Posts: 142
    Options
    I just wanted to say ur story is inspirational and im going to come back to ur post when i start to give up or go into a craving and im going to make my jornal public if i can figure out how lol thanz again :drinker:
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I just wanted to say ur story is inspirational and im going to come back to ur post when i start to give up or go into a craving and im going to make my jornal public if i can figure out how lol thanz again :drinker:
    Thank you!

Honestly, when I start lacking a bit of motivation, I find looking at others' stories and pictures gives me the nudge I need to keep going in the right direction. :smile:
  • rcfalconfan
    Options
    Thank you for your story. You are truly an inspiration. My goal seems so far away, but you are living proof that it can be achieved.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    U r inspiring!! cONGRATS!! amazing job!!
  • jeanie✰
    jeanie✰ Posts: 127
    Options
    you go girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!