• beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Where's Ali?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Where's Ali?

She got busy with work & life & disconnected from the boards for awhile. :smile:

She's doing fine though. :drinker:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Where's Ali?

She got busy with work & life & disconnected from the boards for awhile. :smile:

She's doing fine though. :drinker:

and lookin' mighty fine too, that purty Ali is.:smooched:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Haven't been on here for awhile and miss her.
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I switch from salad to roasted veggies in the fall, I make a big dish and eat that for the week as my main veggie side, the high cooking temp carmelizes everything. I usually throw whatever I have in, but here's a "recipe"

any bell peppers 1-2
    large onion
    garlic cloves 2-3
    zucchini
    yellow squash
    asparagus
    even a sweet potato or yam cut up
    1 T. olive oil
    1 T. water
    Mrs. Dash (1-2 T.) or another seasoning w/ salt, your preference

Shake all together to coat (looks like a ton, but cooks down)
    spray pan w/ pam
    cook at 450 for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10-15. Very good at room temp, even cold.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    On a slightly different note, did you guys know that lettuce is actually *toxic* to rabbits? Lettuce contains lactucarium which can cause fatal diarrhea in rabbits. :frown:

Also, I like salads, but I don't eat very many of them. I usually get my veggies in by steaming them or incorporating them into recipes. I think I've eaten two salads in as many months.
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Actually, I make a chicken taco salad all the time. I use a lot of lettuce and veggies to fill me up and a little taco chicken to give it flavor. I have also used ground turkey as well. I don't use any kind of taco shells for mine.
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    when i get sick of salads I still get my veggies I just have them on the side.

Some of my favorites are a peanut butter and banana sandwhich with some fresh cut celery and baby carrots on the side and a glass of ice cold milk :)

OR some steamed veggies such as coliflower, broccoli, or carrots with some nice grilled chicken or a veggie burger and some kind of fruit on the side like apple or orange

Favorite salad currently however:

3 cups mix of green & iceburg lettuce, little diced tomato, few hot pepperbits, some light chunk tuna, 1 cut up hard boiled egg, and some fat free french dressing :)
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    When I'm tired of salads I make a big veggie stir fry.

I like

Squash
    Zuchinni
    Mushrooms
    Onion
    Carrots
    Tomato
    Peppers

Stir fry in olive oil with herbs and garlic. Sometimes I add chicken, sometimes I serve it over rice. You can make it the night before and then just warm it in the microwave the next day for lunch.
  • LivinTheLife
    Options
    I'm not a big lettuce lover either, it needs to be drenched in dressing But I did have a strawberry spinach salad last week and it had red onions and feta cheese in it with balsamic dressing, I thought it was AMAZING!!!
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    On the taco salad note, they can be done healthy without the bad stuff like sourcream and taco shell, etc. I make it by making lean ground chicken breast (or turkey works too) seasoned with taco seasoning, throw in veggies I love like carrots, olives, corn, etc. because veggies are always good! Then I throw on some taco sauce. They are about 20 calories per serving if you serve right, which is way less than most typical dressings. I love it, and one package of taco seasoning and a pound of chicken can last a whole week. Or you can freeze the meat in single servings and microwave it to toss on a salad whenever you are in the mood.