People Who Waited for Sex Before Marriage?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    angelxsss wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I swear couples should have a checklist on compatibility before they make this commitment. Everyone has an idea of what manner and frequency they think is normal, which may no be normal or simply bat *kitten* crazy to another.

When one partner is in the mood and the other isn't, how does the couple resolve that? Whoever isn't feeling it has ultimate veto power? One of them has to do their duty? Schedule intercourse ahead of time to take the anxiety and guesswork (and spontaneity) out of it?

I think this is exactly the kind of thing a checklist can't work for, because of "unknown unknowns" as Rummy put it.

I've heard guys don't like it if you just "do your duty" because they can tell you're not into it and that makes it not fun to do.

Depends on the guy. And the lady. If you're not into it but do it anyway, he might take it as a gift of love and be heartwarmed; he might be hurt that you aren't into him at that moment; he might want to but not because he thinks it would be wrong. Plus there are also different kinds of not into it, from "I want space now" to "sex isn't what I had in mind but doesn't sound bad either" and his guess about which one it is might influence his reaction.

Every couple has mismatched libidos. Our sex drives wax and wane like the moon, and they're individual things on top of it. Depending how important sex is to each partner, that can cause a lot of stress in a relationship. Or not. I think how people approach these things is a lot more important than just how often.
    For married folk, sex is like eating oatmeal.

I F'in wish. I have oatmeal every day...and I like it.

I use to have sex everyday and I liked it. Pfffttt... now it's just oatmeal.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    angelxsss wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I swear couples should have a checklist on compatibility before they make this commitment. Everyone has an idea of what manner and frequency they think is normal, which may no be normal or simply bat *kitten* crazy to another.

When one partner is in the mood and the other isn't, how does the couple resolve that? Whoever isn't feeling it has ultimate veto power? One of them has to do their duty? Schedule intercourse ahead of time to take the anxiety and guesswork (and spontaneity) out of it?

I think this is exactly the kind of thing a checklist can't work for, because of "unknown unknowns" as Rummy put it.

I've heard guys don't like it if you just "do your duty" because they can tell you're not into it and that makes it not fun to do.

Depends on the guy. And the lady. If you're not into it but do it anyway, he might take it as a gift of love and be heartwarmed; he might be hurt that you aren't into him at that moment; he might want to but not because he thinks it would be wrong. Plus there are also different kinds of not into it, from "I want space now" to "sex isn't what I had in mind but doesn't sound bad either" and his guess about which one it is might influence his reaction.

Every couple has mismatched libidos. Our sex drives wax and wane like the moon, and they're individual things on top of it. Depending how important sex is to each partner, that can cause a lot of stress in a relationship. Or not. I think how people approach these things is a lot more important than just how often.
    For married folk, sex is like eating oatmeal.

I F'in wish. I have oatmeal every day...and I like it.

You can eat oatmeal with one HAND.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Question for those folks who waited:

Did you proudly wear your Purity Ring like the Jonas bros until the big day?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member

I still do. A few times a day. Just more active participants more often would be cool. :D

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Oatmeal does not go with sex, actually it goes with absolutely nothing.

Sex and more sex goes good with sex.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I don't like oatmeal but I like sex.

so.... when this thread is over, do you need a ride home ?

• Timshel_
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. And chocolate is still considered and aphrodisiac, so....sex.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. And chocolate is still considered and aphrodisiac, so....sex.

Would that be considered oral sex?
  • RunHardBeStrong

I still do. A few times a day. Just more active participants more often would be cool. :D

Well, if we are counting sex by yourself then.... I don't combine that with oatmeal.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Well, if we are counting sex by yourself then.... I don't combine that with oatmeal.

Somehow this conversation is going to circle back to rubber sheets, isn't it?
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    I'm waiting- I don't expect my future husband to have waited though.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    That's why the butt sex was invented. FYI- Butt sex isn't sex.

It's funny because there are people that are actually serious about that. I dated a girl in college and we had been seeing each other for about a month...we were getting pretty hot and heavy back at my apartment and she stopped me and told me there was something I should know...I couldn't have sex with her because she was a virgin and saving herself for marriage. I was a little taken back and probably had a funny look on my face because then she was like, "it's ok though...we can do other stuff...I give pretty good head and you can put it in my butt...but my vagina is off limits."

WtCB6.gif

Odd that the vagina is sacred but the booty is fair play...

Did you marry her, though?

Lol...no...she ended up being kind of a weirdo.

Not surprising. Her logic is weird.

I have a friend who teaches highschool at a private Christian school...he tells me that this kind of logic isn't all that uncommon...weird.

When I was in HS, we had a priest come in and talk about Catholicism as part of our history class (we went through a good majority of religions and happen to have a friary close by) and we got into quite the debate about birth control. He was against it, and we went back and forth a few times- I ended it with "Well, you could always encourage your flock to use natural birth control." Him- "Oh, and what is that?" Me- "Taking in the *kitten*" Needless to say, I got sent to the principal's office.......
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Somehow this conversation is going to circle back to rubber sheets, isn't it?

Ha! I heard somewhere up above you're better off with a shower curtain.. I can testify that the plastic mats they send with Nuru Massage oil kits, don't cut the cake either. Ended up in the trash after the first experience.
  • Timshel_
    I just think it is funny to wait a few pages in a thread and come back to see where it has gone. Must say, rubber sheets was not expected.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    I just think it is funny to wait a few pages in a thread and come back to see where it has gone. Must say, rubber sheets was not expected.

lol me too.. I has already forgotten about the rubber sheets.
  • Timshel_

You seem interesting, for sure.
  • RunHardBeStrong

You seem interesting, for sure.

Ha. Or some say weird....
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    I think I'm starting to notice the title and my intention with it is wrong
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    edited December 2016
    It should be People Who DID NOT Wait for Sex Before Marriage .. uh huh yuck

giphy.gif