Any foods you can't trust yourself with?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I can't really trust myself with any food that doesn't need to be cooked. I'm a hot mess. My food environment be SPARSE
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Cheese. It doesn't matter if it's sharp, mild, creamy, hard or even stinky. Put a block of cheese in front of me and it'll be gone before the second glass of wine is poured.
  • M&M's, chocolate chips, pita chips, nilla wafers, froyo, wheat thins, goldfish!
  • swing72
    swing72 Posts: 20 Member
    My biggest weakness is my home made vanilla slice, I used to bake it for my family but i just cant resist a slice if its in the house, so now i bake them things i don't feel tempted by instead. I don't even have a sweet tooth really but the thought of it consumes me, i have even woken from dreams of eating it!

I have my own pantry cupboard now with my healthy foods in it as the sight of chips/crisps makes me far too tempted to cheat and just have a taste .. and honestly who can eat just one lol. Im hoping to get my family on board with healthier choices in the new year so hopefully both pantries will be only full of healthy options soon :smiley:
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Sourdough bread. I bought a loaf a few weeks ago because it was an the sale rack. Whole thing was gone in a couple of days. I can let any other bread go stale, but that sourdough.
  • Chameleon80
    Chameleon80 Posts: 25 Member
    Anything chocolate!!!I
    The struggle is real!!
  • AffableKitsune
    AffableKitsune Posts: 2 Member
    Pasta for me. Gosh I can eat a small bowl of spaghetti and next thing I know i'm on my third bowl. Junk food I can live without if I keep it out of the house but pasta is always in my pantry and I have a hard time not grabbing a second bowl even if I eat real slow and drink water before the meal (or after).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Snyders Hot Buffalo Wing Pretzel Pieces. I can't stop eating them!

I've only tried the cheddar, honey mustard and salted caramel. MUST try the Buffalo wing if I can find it!
  • pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    Sunflower seeds & Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Baked goods times a million. Birthday cake? Forget about it. PB is my friend and foe. Stacey's PITA chips for me too! Can't have them in the house.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't have a problem keeping within budget, but anything new will take up a good chunk of my day. For example, I discovered Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bar late last month, and I ended up fitting in 107 grams worth of the bar into my macros (about 562 calories worth of chocolate and 22.5% of that day's budget). When the novelty wears off, everything goes back to normal. Although, thanks to @Francl27 's ongoing new products thread, it's never too long before I find something new again. XD
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I cant have cake in the house or pie, I will just keep going back and getting more.
  • saljerayed10
    saljerayed10 Posts: 1 Member
    Nutella
  • SKristianM
    SKristianM Posts: 11 Member
    Fresh homemade bread. Like straight out of the oven. I can finish a loaf before it's properly cooled down for human consumption. Nothing else comes even close.
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    tortilla chips, chocolate candy
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Goldfish crackers or other cheese flavored salty snacks like cheese puffs are pretty hard for me to moderate.
    Dh bought some lime flavored chips once and I told him he needed to not bring those home again.

I CANNOT start eating goldfish crackers... Pepperidge Farms put the "crack" in crackers...

OMG, yes. Goldfish or my favorite, Hot n Spicy Cheez-its.

Plain m&m's. Candy-coated crack. It's all or nothing with those.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I don't bring much into the house for this very reason. So my binges consist of yogurt, quest bars, cottage cheese, Ezekiel bread and bananas. Crazy, I know. But I can still rack up a few thousand calories. I had to banish peanut butter a few months ago. The same jar sat in the pantry for 6 months untouched, then one day, I ate it. The whole thing.

The office kitchen on the other hand, has become the dumping ground for every gift basket, platters of cookies, pies, cakes, you name it. One day last week, I racked up 4700 calories from sweets alone. Holy bourbon balls. Seriously, January can't come soon enough.