2 month weight looks plateau

Options

Replies

• lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    I have a food scale I weigh everything that goes into my mouth and double check the macros and nutrients of food just to make sure. Endomorphs struggle with fat loss because our body is so well at storing for energy which makes weight loss possible but harder.
    It's not a problem being an "endomorph" because people on the Biggest Loser would be classified that disposition (even though it's not a real thing). And they've lost tons of weight based on calorie deficit. Somatotypes are bunk and while GENETICS can play a role, if you're not losing weight, it's because you're not burning off as much as you eat. Now while you may not be eating a lot, your metabolic rate isn't compensating for the calories you've taken in.
    According to stats, your BMR is approximately 1655 calories. Dependent on your physical activity, I believe your TDEE to be about 2100-2300, so you should be in the right range of calories for weight loss. If the information above is accurate, then it may a stress issue (stress can hold back weight loss) or your calorie expenditure is not that high. Personally I'd have to see how you workout to assess if you're being efficient. Besides the BB workouts, do you do any other physical activity on your own?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I'm not using my body type to explain why I am in a plateau I was trying to explain why I am paleo diet which compliments my body type I eat low carb manly veggies and fruit high protien and high healthy fats and only water. I'm a stay at home mom so I only do beach body work outs for 45 min to an 1 hour. I don't take an break during the week. I'm not that stressed out in fact since working out my stress has gone down. Should I cut my calories?
  • lady_ghost
    Options
    I think I work out hard I have improved in my work outside and have toned up except for my stomach.
  • lady_ghost
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    What do you mean open my diary?do you mean show you my diary? Or just review it over again for myself?

Change the setting to make it public, so others can view it and give concrete tips.

OK it's public now
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    everher wrote: »

What does MFP set your daily goal at for weight loss ? How much weight are you trying to lose a week ? How long has your weight been at a plateau ?

MFP says for lightly active I would need to eat 1330 and for moderate 1660. I work out every day from 45 min to an hour but I'm a stay at home mom so I don't know which one I would fit into. I just decided to follow what my work out program says into the which into 1779 though most of the time into eat 100 calories less than that.

I would say you are eating too much then. I would try cutting it back and see if you lose anything.
  • lady_ghost
    Options
    Ok I'll try that thank you all for response
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I just looked at yesterday's diary entry.

A lot of things are measured in tablespoons, cups, servings and scoops.

I think this is the problem.

You need to weigh things in grams or millilitres.

This is why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • lady_ghost
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks. Those recipes are mine that I calculated. And I weigh very thing the in and a the almonds and the fats on a scale.
  • lady_ghost
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If my goal is 1700 but I hit my macro at 1653 I'm gunna at at 1653. I value my macros more than how my calorie goals which is why is usually always end up eating less than my goals. I never logged in my work out becauae how do i know how much calories i really burned off?

And I weigh my seeds nuts and fats on a scale along with my protien shakes i weigh all my food and those are all my recipes I've calculated. I feel full on paleo and more fine with low carb.
  • lady_ghost
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Oils and seeds really should be weighed, they pack a high calorie punch, so going over can knock out any calorie deficit you have. I see some things logged in grams and some in ounces. Are you measuring with either or, or is this something else going on? The stuff that is logged at 1.5 servings (spicy salmon) is that a recipe you entered yourself, or someone else's entry? Protein powder logged as scoops, did you weigh them and then log as a single scoop, or was it measured as a scoop.

These are possible inaccuracies that I noticed from today alone. I know it seems really picky, but if you are going to aim for 1700s, then you need to be really accurate, particularly because as a SAHM you are busy, but not likely burning as many calories as you think, despite the workout.

You are trying to mix in a lot of dieting myths. If you like to eat low carb, and you feel full, then fine. Somatotypes aren't a thing (as mentioned), so doing paleo for that reason is unnecessary. Again, if you enjoy eating that way, there's nothing wrong with it.

I would suggest going with the calories that MFP gives you, log the exercise and eat back half of those calories, and really tighten up the logging. Eat foods you enjoy that keep you feeling full, and that you will continue to enjoy once you have lost the weight you want to lose. Stay patient (two months without weight loss will frustrate you, for sure), and stay persistent. No need to complicate it further than that.

OK upon review I see what you mean not all my fats are weighed by scale but cups I'll try your suggestion and I'll go lower most of the time illonm not active so maybe i don't need all those favorites. Perhaps I'll invest in those calories burned tracker ty for taking the time to give. Some helpful advice
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've only just had time to have a look and I see @nutmegoreo has already one through the main areas you can tighten up

And they will be pretty significant.

I would advise absolutely avoiding cups and spoons to be honest for oils and peanut butter and all foods ...they are really relatively pointless and inaccurate ...you should weigh everything

It's because you've done so well losing weight that it is now far more need to be accurate

Either that or drop your calorie goal a few hundred
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Oils and seeds really should be weighed, they pack a high calorie punch, so going over can knock out any calorie deficit you have. I see some things logged in grams and some in ounces. Are you measuring with either or, or is this something else going on? The stuff that is logged at 1.5 servings (spicy salmon) is that a recipe you entered yourself, or someone else's entry? Protein powder logged as scoops, did you weigh them and then log as a single scoop, or was it measured as a scoop.

These are possible inaccuracies that I noticed from today alone. I know it seems really picky, but if you are going to aim for 1700s, then you need to be really accurate, particularly because as a SAHM you are busy, but not likely burning as many calories as you think, despite the workout.

You are trying to mix in a lot of dieting myths. If you like to eat low carb, and you feel full, then fine. Somatotypes aren't a thing (as mentioned), so doing paleo for that reason is unnecessary. Again, if you enjoy eating that way, there's nothing wrong with it.

I would suggest going with the calories that MFP gives you, log the exercise and eat back half of those calories, and really tighten up the logging. Eat foods you enjoy that keep you feeling full, and that you will continue to enjoy once you have lost the weight you want to lose. Stay patient (two months without weight loss will frustrate you, for sure), and stay persistent. No need to complicate it further than that.

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you just need to adjust your daily calorie goal and make it less. Don't base your calorie intake on a diet, base it on your TDEE and BMR and a proper caloric deficit (I like to do my TDEE minus 300 calories. Some people do a deficit of 500 calories or more, but just make sure you never set your calorie goal less than your BMR).

You don't even need to be so strict on what types of foods you eat and all your macros- just eat within your calorie goal and try to eat MOSTLY healthy and avoid foods you have sensitivities to, hit your daily protein goal & get enough fiber. But it's ok to have a little bit of treat foods and not have to be overly strict- I find when I try to eat super clean I just end up bingeing on "forbidden" foods once in a while which is not a healthy mentality. Better to let myself have 1 serving of potato chips once in a while within my calories than to deny myself completely for a while and then lose my willpower and eat the whole bag.

I DO believe in soma types btw. But I don't think they are distinct and it's more of a simpligied way to explain the more complex differences in genetics, body types, variations in metabolism, etc. I have mostly endomorph type traits, with maybe a little mesomorph too. There's a reason that another woman my exact same height and age and exercise schedule but with a different body type needs 2200 calories to maintain her much thinner body and could even eat a lot more than that without gaining much body fat, while I need only 1800 calories to maintain my weight and will put on body fat rapidly with any caloric surplus whatsoever. There's a reason some women struggle to put on muscle even when they eat enough protein and are in a caloric surplus, while I can be in a caloric deficit and do the same weight training and still put on muscle. I'm sure it's far more complex than just "body type" but there do seem to be correlations that are hard to ignore.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 30 lbs!!
  • MARILYNENA
    MARILYNENA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would cut down my calories by 100....not much but it will work.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you just need to adjust your daily calorie goal and make it less. Don't base your calorie intake on a diet, base it on your TDEE and BMR and a proper caloric deficit (I like to do my TDEE minus 300 calories. Some people do a deficit of 500 calories or more, but just make sure you never set your calorie goal less than your BMR).

You don't even need to be so strict on what types of foods you eat and all your macros- just eat within your calorie goal and try to eat MOSTLY healthy and avoid foods you have sensitivities to, hit your daily protein goal & get enough fiber. But it's ok to have a little bit of treat foods and not have to be overly strict- I find when I try to eat super clean I just end up bingeing on "forbidden" foods once in a while which is not a healthy mentality. Better to let myself have 1 serving of potato chips once in a while within my calories than to deny myself completely for a while and then lose my willpower and eat the whole bag.

I DO believe in soma types btw. But I don't think they are distinct and it's more of a simpligied way to explain the more complex differences in genetics, body types, variations in metabolism, etc. I have mostly endomorph type traits, with maybe a little mesomorph too. There's a reason that another woman my exact same height and age and exercise schedule but with a different body type needs 2200 calories to maintain her much thinner body and could even eat a lot more than that without gaining much body fat, while I need only 1800 calories to maintain my weight and will put on body fat rapidly with any caloric surplus whatsoever. There's a reason some women struggle to put on muscle even when they eat enough protein and are in a caloric surplus, while I can be in a caloric deficit and do the same weight training and still put on muscle. I'm sure it's far more complex than just "body type" but there do seem to be correlations that are hard to ignore.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not. Science does not support somatotype theory. Your belief in it is about as useful as my kids' belief in the tooth fairy: good for use as a motivational tool to build healthy habits (although I think the tooth fairy wins over somatotypes), and grounded in about the same amount of science.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Choosing your activity level shouldn't be based on your exercise. Are you active throughout the day? Moving often and walking enough steps that would equate to 3 or 4 miles a day? That would probably be considered "Active" level.

If you're less active outside of your exercise, you should select a more appropriate activity level and then eat back part of the calories given from logging your exercise. I think you may be eating too much.

Also, just as a side note, no one is attacking or debating with you over the body type thing. It's simply not based in science, so people are trying to help you by telling you that. You don't have to eat paleo to help you lose weight if you don't want to, because the information that it helps a certain body type is false.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If you haven't lost weight for 2 months then you have consumed the same amount of calories as you have burned.
  • lady_ghost
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »
    Choosing your activity level shouldn't be based on your exercise. Are you active throughout the day? Moving often and walking enough steps that would equate to 3 or 4 miles a day? That would probably be considered "Active" level.

If you're less active outside of your exercise, you should select a more appropriate activity level and then eat back part of the calories given from logging your exercise. I think you may be eating too much.

Also, just as a side note, no one is attacking or debating with you over the body type thing. It's simply not based in science, so people are trying to help you by telling you that. You don't have to eat paleo to help you lose weight if you don't want to, because the information that it helps a certain body type is false.

Thanks for response. And we don't have to agree about endomorphs it's fine. Thanks for advice I will lower my calories.
  • lady_ghost
    Options

The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not. Science does not support somatotype theory. Your belief in it is about as useful as my kids' belief in the tooth fairy: good for use as a motivational tool to build healthy habits (although I think the tooth fairy wins over somatotypes), and grounded in about the same amount of science.

Thank you for taking the time to response you don't have to agree with me with me with regards to my body type it's fine. I adjusted my calorie intake based on the beach body program I am doing not on me being an endomorph as I had stated above. I will lower my calories. Thanks again
  • lady_ghost
    Options
    Congrats on losing 30 lbs!!

Thank k you :) I'm happy about it too