How long it took you for the last 10lbs ?

Options
2»

Replies

• akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I feel like my last 10 have been fairly easy. I am 5'6" and a goal of 140. I was at 150 the first of October and have been at 139 the last few days. I am still nursing my twins a few times a day and wondered how much that was helping. My husband is working on his last 10 as well and his is going a lot slower. I'm a lot more active than he is. He works full time in IT, so tied to a desk, I am a stay at home mom to a 3 year old and 15 month old twins. I feel like I could get lower if I wanted to but I don't want to have to work so hard to maintain it, although now that I am here, I will probably try to maintain between 135 and 140, so I still have a bit more to go.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    It's not so much that the process slows down - it's that you have less room for error. You have to be extra diligent in counting and any day "over" undoes the little deficit that you've accumulated. I have found, though, that I'm not in such a hurry at this point. I look pretty lean and just keep plugging along. I figure I'm really sort of doing a body recomp at this point, so I'm not so much focused on the scale number.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    mita271 wrote: »
    Wow i never thought weight loss will slow down this much ...

There is very little room for error. I also seem to feel hungrier at this stage. Now maybe that's my body fighting back, poor choices or just a mental thing , but it definitely makes it slower.

Up until about 133 lbs (bmi 22.8), weight loss was pretty steady. Not linear, but it typically worked out to around 1 lb per week avg. I decided I wanted to lean out further and that's were things started to get slow.

Now someone whose goal isn't to get to that point might find the last 10 lbs super easy. If I would have stopped at 130 lbs or so for example I wouldn't be saying it took so long.
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    37 days.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    On a slight tangent; how have you decided on your goal weight?

I initially had the "145lbs" in mind but once i got there i felt like its not what im comfortable with
    Im surprised though that even at 135.0 (this morning)
    Im still not satisfied, i feel like my tummy is still giant !
    And thats how i decided 125lbs should be good on my 5'1 frame
    Overall thinking of this makes me feel sad why us women need a lot in order to think " ok i love my body now "
    :(
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

I initially had the "145lbs" in mind but once i got there i felt like its not what im comfortable with
    Overall thinking of this makes me feel sad why us women need a lot in order to think " ok i love my body now "

It is odd. In my younger years I was never happy with my body, even when I was slender. I thought my thighs were huge compared to my upper (boobless!) body. Now, after being overweight to borderline obese for 30+ years, then losing enough to be almost back to my pre-fat days, my body is not disproportionate, it was all in my head. I do love my body now, I'm just sad that it took me so long to figure that out. I'm 63, so I feel I wasted a lot of years being unhealthy and not liking myself.
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Thank you all
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

It is odd. In my younger years I was never happy with my body, even when I was slender. I thought my thighs were huge compared to my upper (boobless!) body. Now, after being overweight to borderline obese for 30+ years, then losing enough to be almost back to my pre-fat days, my body is not disproportionate, it was all in my head. I do love my body now, I'm just sad that it took me so long to figure that out. I'm 63, so I feel I wasted a lot of years being unhealthy and not liking myself.

It makes me think now ... in my younger years i was happy at 10 lbs heavier!
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm finally down 1 of my last 10 lbs. It only took 3 weeks. But, I can say honestly I haven't been trying as hard as I could, with all the Xmas baking I've been doing with my gramma. I'm ok with that, as Xmas is her favourite time of year and she just had a mild heart attack so I want to spend as much time with her and do as much with her as possible. So a 1lb loss despite all the taste testing is ok with me.
  • Devarshee
    Devarshee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The body r e a l l y wants to hold onto that last little layer of protection.

Add to it that you admit to not being consistent and accurate in logging. For me, that was necessary.

I ate every meal at home. Logged every single thing. Exercise five days a week for 45 min to an hour. Had a spreadsheet. Watched my macros like my life depended on it. Didn't snack. Dessert one time a week.

It's not easy. I'm in the low/middle of my BMI healthy weight now, and it still is a balancing act. I want to eat more, but my past logging and records prove to me I cannot.

Thanks for sharing this. I think (?) I've got 10-15 to go. I saw 129 briefly and then bounced back up to 133. I think I should be 120. I've been in the 130's since September. So slow ... but good to know others go through this and appreciate seeing your approach.

Oh MY GOSH! I am EXACTLY on the same boat. All the numbers and timing same thing going on here. Its also hard to be motivated when everyone keeps telling you that you look great and no need to lose more.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Took me about 5 months to lose the last 10lbs. I guess I was lucky because breastfeeding helped me shed the weight without too much effort diet wise.
    The hard part was making sure the weight lost was mostly fat vs muscle. Lots of hard work in the gym for me.. as a result those last 5 lbs made a huge difference in my physique.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Six months- 5'4" from 180 to 125 (and took a year and a half total- but the last 10 took about 6 months of that). Now trying to maintain between 125-130 but just wanted to see 125 once at least. The last 5 I lost eating 1200 and not eating back any exercise calories. After I got there I started eating back those calories (or at least around half) and continued to lose down to 122 and even got to 121 for a couple of weeks without meaning to. But yes it takes a while. My husband is really on his last 10 and he didn't believe me when I told him how difficult it was to lose that last 10 and how tight and strict your logging has to really be- he just kept saying- it's still just math you should still lose at about the same rate. Nope. You don't. And now he knows. Plus you're not as motivated because you really are only losing the last few for vanity sake- generally you look fine with or without it and it doesn't make a huge difference in your appearance.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Devarshee wrote: »
    The body r e a l l y wants to hold onto that last little layer of protection.

Add to it that you admit to not being consistent and accurate in logging. For me, that was necessary.

I ate every meal at home. Logged every single thing. Exercise five days a week for 45 min to an hour. Had a spreadsheet. Watched my macros like my life depended on it. Didn't snack. Dessert one time a week.

It's not easy. I'm in the low/middle of my BMI healthy weight now, and it still is a balancing act. I want to eat more, but my past logging and records prove to me I cannot.

Thanks for sharing this. I think (?) I've got 10-15 to go. I saw 129 briefly and then bounced back up to 133. I think I should be 120. I've been in the 130's since September. So slow ... but good to know others go through this and appreciate seeing your approach.

Oh MY GOSH! I am EXACTLY on the same boat. All the numbers and timing same thing going on here. Its also hard to be motivated when everyone keeps telling you that you look great and no need to lose more.

Yeah, I HATE those people! :wink: I think my problem is that I've been dealing with an injury (back / leg) since September and have not exercised at all. I'm 5'1", so to lose by cutting calories is hard. 1200 has me maintaining. I've been inspired by weight lifting results in other threads. I might be able to do upper body stuff ... My New Year's Resolution is consistent weight training, and I"m starting this week ... I'm so little I'm not sure how much I should even weigh. 120? 110?
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Interesting responses
    Thank you all
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!