Hi everyone I'm Jesse 5' 7" 247lbs my goal is

To lose 50 lbs by 11/01/17 feel free to contact me with comments or tips.

Replies

• tracykreczmer
    tracykreczmer Posts: 88 Member
    That's a good goal Jesse it took me a year and I gained eight back when I didn't log. So log log log! I bet u will do that and more before 11/17!so here's to meeting and surpassing your goal!
  • quirozj1976
    quirozj1976 Posts: 206 Member
    Thank you for the great positive feedback, I'm fairly new at this so I hope to post some good news during the next three months.
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    50lbs in a year, oh you got this!
    What do you plan on doing? Dieting, cardio, gym?
  • quirozj1976
    All three I'm going to start with working out today will be my first workout, I will post my workout later.
  • quirozj1976
    Last nights workout was 2 sets of 21's count down push ups and back up count up push ups. 45 min walk
  • quirozj1976
    Can anyone tell me how to add to my friends?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Oh mighty US weird date system. I had to read the replies to realize you were not planning to lose 50 lbs in 4 weeks. Best of luck to you and I hope you reach your goal!
  • quirozj1976
    Thank you, I'm going to give it my all
  • irandra23
    irandra23 Posts: 35 Member
    oooh wow!!! 50 pounds in 4 weeks that's like 22kgs.

I don't mean to be a downer but i don't think its possible to lose weight that fast and keep it off. You will need to have a huge calorie deficit to achieve that goal.
    Nways my advise would be EAT CLEAN for the entire period and work out as much as possible.

On a side note. Is there any particular reason why you have set 11th Jan as your deadline to achieve this goal?
  • irandra23
    irandra23 Posts: 35 Member
    Ooops my apologies...... yes you will certainly achieve that. GOOD LUCK.

• quirozj1976
    Just wanted to let you all know, this time of year is really tough. I'm doing my best to not fall into the Holliday eating traps, but I'm still not where I want to be eating wise. I did go and buy some Dumbbells, ab wheel and resistance bands(heavy resistance). So this coming week should find myself doing more strenous activity. Just got to get focused!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    One day at a time. That is all it takes. Make responsible choices one day at a time and you will easily reach your goal.
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    Hey brother...I'm about same boat. I'm 6'3 and weighing 280. Looking to get down to 230'ish. Goal is December 2017. Sending you a friend invite.
  • quirozj1976
    Thank u all, I'm just going to do the best I can one day at a time.
  • quirozj1976
    Just finished my workout it's posted for everyone to see, I don't have a calorie tracker so that is off. You will be able to estimate it though. Total workout time was 1hr and 22 minutes.
  • vangirly
    vangirly Posts: 17 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm going for more... or at least I'd like to ;) I've been on MFP for awhile, but not in the community. I'd love to help and get help in return. :)
  • quirozj1976
    You can certainly go for more Vangirly , I will be glad to go on this journey with you as well. I've only been on MFP for about a month so I am new to it too, let's do this. New year new fitness goals.
  • quirozj1976
    Hello everyone my exercise diary is done for the day feel free to comment on it.
  • quirozj1976
    My fit bit is helping with tracking stuff but I still don't know all the tricks on how it's supposed to work.
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Jesse, looks like we're in the same place. I've restarted here. 248lb with a goal of 50 to lose.