Food Network fans...what's your favorite show?

Options
I know I can't be the only Food Network junkie out there :)

I don't care what anyone says about the nutritional makeup of her food, I still think Ina Garten is brilliant and her food is worth the indulgence.

On the flip side, I also love the Pioneer Woman, but I swear just watching her show makes me gain weight >:)

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't say that Ina Garten's recipes are particularly unhealthy. They're based using whole, home cooked ingridients, and she usually uses olive oil and butter as her fats of choice. I can understand that from a caloric perspective, though. She doesn't cook low-calorie.

I really like the competition shows like Worst Cooks in America and Whatever-Day Baking Championship. And the shows where they tour around, like in Diners, Drive-In's and Dives. As far as actual cooks go, I really liked Damaris Phillips, but I haven't seen her show on-air in a while. I also really liked Good Eats, when that was still around.

I'm really dreading Tregay's (is that how you spell her name? She's the latest winner from Food Network Star this past summer) new show. She was charming at first, but her loudmouth sass started to get really old after a few episodes. Damiano should have won.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Cutthroat kitchen and
    Mystery Diners are the only ones i watch. Watching cooking shows always gives me the munchies, so i avoid watching most of them.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Pioneer Woman and Holiday Baking Championship:-)
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Chopped, Ina Garten, Farmhouse Rules, Diners, drive in and dives (can't stand Guy though), Cupcake wars.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sadly, most of my favorites aren't around anymore. Bourdain's first series, Molto Mario, Throwdown with Bobby Flay, 30 Minute Meals, Good Eats, etc.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Triple D!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Triple D!

Another Triple D fan as well as Man Vs Food.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Triple D, Mystery Diners, Restaurant Impossible
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THEM. Well, except for that lady who wears her glasses on her head. She bugs.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I love all of Guy Fieri's shows but really dislike him.

And anything with Alton Brown. He had a show called Good Eats which was really good and informative.

And Japanese Iron Chef with the English dubbing was great as well.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    There used to be a show years ago called Door Knock Dinners. The host (Gordon something) and a camera crew would show up at a persons house, ask to cook them dinner from whatever they already had on hand, and make amazing meals from average ingredients. I've often been staring into my pantry trying to figure out what to make with a random assortment of things wishing there would be a similar knock on my door...

Anyone else remember that one?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    There used to be a show years ago called Door Knock Dinners. The host (Gordon something) and a camera crew would show up at a persons house, ask to cook them dinner from whatever they already had on hand, and make amazing meals from average ingredients. I've often been staring into my pantry trying to figure out what to make with a random assortment of things wishing there would be a similar knock on my door...

Anyone else remember that one?

I do! That was a great show.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Tired of the constant replay of Chopped. They have 20 years of backlogged shows, and they play Chopped almost every night for hours. Except the night they play Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives for hours. Can't they do like, Tuesday Night Classics and play something else?

I prefer the shows that actually instruct or demo recipes - Brunch with Bobby and Ina are still in production and are great when you can find them. Tyler's Ultimate & How to Boil Water, Ming Tsai, Aarti Party, Good Eats,Two Hot Tamales, Mario Batali - give me a range of cuisines with chefs at least some of time, and I'd start watching again. It's not that the reality shows are bad or anything, but seriously, some variety throughout the day please.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I like Chopped myself, but they do play it too much.

We used to love Iron Chef until they ran it into the ground.
  • 2girlzmm
    2girlzmm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    All the holiday baking championships, chopped, worst cooks in america, the kids baking championship and the Next Food Network Star. Loved Iron Chef America wish it was still on.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Don't watch FN anymore. Switched to Cooking Channel but even that jumped the shark.

I was a fan of Michael Chiarello, Chuck Hughes, Nadia G, Roger Mooking, Tyler Florence, David Rocco, Alton Brown, Ina Garten (she still films new shows?).

Now they give just about anyone their own cooking show. And all the other programming is weird contests and face stuffing.

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Chopped, hands down! I love seeing all the wacky ingredients. It's amazing what can be created with leftover skirt steak, marshmallow cream, pickled persimmons, and an old leather shoe. Mmmm....
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The only thing left to watch on Food Channel seems to be Chopped, which they air endlessly.

The only thing "new" on FC sems to be "Beat Bobby Flay" but even that is getting old. I usually record it and fast forward to the 2 elimination results and an done watching it in 10 mins or less

However, I'll admit that I do watch Giada on occasion but not entirely for her cooking. ;)

For recipes, I turn mainly to the Create or Cooking Channels or PBS, where I prefer to watch Lydia, Julia, Jacque, America's Test Kitchen and/or Cook's Country to get cooking ideas.
  • Lin_marie11
    Lin_marie11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    sarko15 wrote: »
    I know I can't be the only Food Network junkie out there :)

I don't care what anyone says about the nutritional makeup of her food, I still think Ina Garten is brilliant and her food is worth the indulgence.

On the flip side, I also love the Pioneer Woman, but I swear just watching her show makes me gain weight >:)