BIRDS DO IT; BEES DO IT... Calories burnt in sex etc

Options
TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
TerryMyfitbitsnbobs Posts: 238 Member
edited December 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Please keep this clean.
Be adult about this.
Admin please don't kick in a knee jerk reaction (pun not intended).
Mary Whitehouses and Mavis Rileys out there; it's natural, so please don't come to just report and moan.
The question too often unasked remains though.
How many calories are burnt in performing (not a spectator sport in my case), or in fluids deposited, or received in sex and/or masturbatíon?
Ok, stop blushing. Stop giggling.
Remember, we are adults.
Thanks.

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Ew.
  • newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    It depends on the intensity, form, and duration of the exercise and whether one is going beastmode alone or with a partner
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Ew.

Sorry to be so graphic, but I had to find out. Google it, and the answers vary wildly. I needed to ask the people dieting and exercising if they know, or indeed would like to know.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It totally doesn't remain unasked. There are threads about this all the time. And the fluids are in the food database, if you know what to search for.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    newbie3122 wrote: »
    It depends on the intensity, form, and duration of the exercise and whether one is going beastmode alone or with a partner

Beastmode alone? I'm far too skilled and, well, lazy for that. I'm an energy conservationist.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    It totally doesn't remain unasked. There are threads about this all the time. And the fluids are in the food database, if you know what to search for.

Wow, really?!
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    I have a theory that gym owners try to keep it secret, because it's more enjoyable than rowing machines. And more portable.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    I dunno, but it isn't earning you an extra cheeseburger no matter how much of a stallion you think you are. Couple of fries maybe....

HAHAHAHAHA! Damn!
    I've been training in doing somersaults from the wardrobe. Don't tell me I wasted my time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    5.8 calories per hour
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've never been able to work out a good answer to the question. My wife hates it when I wear my HRM and keep looking at it while we make the beast with two backs, and it always spoils the mood.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The only rough round about way to find out would be to get a Fitness tracker with a heart rate monitor.
    Not everyone puts in the same level of enthusiasm and gusto, so there will be no universal calorie number.

I used to have someone who posted sex under exercise and post it on the newsfeed here. He claimed stupid amounts of time, like hours, with huge calorie burns just about everyday. It was obviously " Look at me laaadies I'm a stallion" brag and no doubt utter BS.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Dude. I've answered probably a dozen of these. It's not the first time it's been asked. You include sexual activities in your daily activity level, becauseeee its an activity preformed through out the day. It's minimal. If I only burn 250 calories in an hour of lifting hundreds of pounds. Rolling around with my girlfriend for 20 minutes is going to be pretty minimal. Wear a fit watch if you're that concerned about it. And be real, are you really going for upwards of 1-2 hours without a single rest period?
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna type out my personal sex life stories for your amusement/arousal.

That's not what he was asking? You seem to take things quite personally in these threads.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Wow, really?!

Yes really

And less than you think
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Just complete your diary knowing you have a bit of a margin for error those days and profit. It's a win win.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I kept my fitbit on once during - was a little disappointed that I didn't even get into the 'fat burn' zone. Must try harder. Unfortunately, you'd be better off just going for a walk instead.
This discussion has been closed.