BIRDS DO IT; BEES DO IT... Calories burnt in sex etc

Options

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    It can't be many calories otherwise there would not be any overweight hookers.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    I'm not gonna type out my personal sex life stories for your amusement/arousal.

Your angry response was all I needed to finish off. Thanks.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    5.8 calories per hour

NOOOOO! One hour is a year's worth. And I eat pizza during the act too. Gives my other hand something to do.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    It's really not that high of a calorie burn. Most people consider it part of their daily activity (even if they don't do it daily). Unless you're doing some acrobatic performance art, it's fairly minimal. How many calories can realistically be burned off in 3 minutes, ya know?

3 minutes? Wow! It takes me that long to find myself. Surely lifting my stomach must count as a workout.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Of course it isnt going to be all that many - common sense tells us that - otherwise there wouldnt be nearly so many overweight people about - surely nobody thinks most of them are not sexually active too. And obviously it isnt doing much to reduce their weight.
    and Realistically the physically vigourous part of sex doesnt take all that long - sure, long foreplay might be enjoyable but it isnt physically vigourous till the main event

Consider it part of your activity level - even if your level is set to sedentary that is including some incidental movement, it isnt saying you dont move at all.

I set my activity level to lightly active because my job is not a desk one. Some days I do activity like sex or cleaning windows or weeding (random unassociated examples) that I dont do every day - but it is still part of the average of my lightly active lifestyle.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    Hmmm - 200 calories burnt in 30 mins roughly...so lets do the maths ...200 divided by 30...6.66 calories - whoooo :)

An average ejeculation is said to be around 6 calories. So, you can double that amount. Yippee!
    Just make sure not to make a net gain.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Dude. I've answered probably a dozen of these. It's not the first time it's been asked. You include sexual activities in your daily activity level, becauseeee its an activity preformed through out the day. It's minimal. If I only burn 250 calories in an hour of lifting hundreds of pounds. Rolling around with my girlfriend for 20 minutes is going to be pretty minimal. Wear a fit watch if you're that concerned about it. And be real, are you really going for upwards of 1-2 hours without a single rest period?

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

And if it's not in your activity level as Jesse mentions, you're doing it wrong

WHAT HAPPENED TO SIMON COWELL?
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Incidentally - seems strange in OP you wanted thread adult and not for giggles - but most of the non-adult, posted for giggles posts seem to be from OP. :*

Oh dear me. Slaps wrist...
    Slaps again and smiles.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    No, I'm not uptight - I dont care if you want a silly for giggles thread or were asking a serious question.

Just found the self righteous We are all adults, its not for giggles in the OP followed by OP himself trying to rev it into silly titillating for giggles thread a bit ridiculous.

As you were.....
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Of course you dont answer to me.
    and of course it is a free country - which is why I was free to say what I said.

My post wasn't directed at you anyway, it was directed at OP who supposedly called for a serious not for giggles thread - then posted for giggles silly posts himself.

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    LOL...Ok...I'll play. When I first got my tracker, I tracked every movement...including sex! It was almost a game between us the first few times, to see how high the calorie burn can get....

On a good, long, playful night, we managed to kill just over 300 cals...Not a huge number in the scheme of things, especially if you're doing it on the daily (together 23 years, no daily here..lol). But it is a nice little deficit starter!

OK..Just re read the OP...you're not talking about sex, you're talking about masturbating. I doubt that burns many calories...lol
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Of course you dont answer to me.
    and of course it is a free country - which is why I was free to say what I said.

My post wasn't directed at you anyway, it was directed at OP who supposedly called for a serious not for giggles thread - then posted for giggles silly posts himself.

2nd thread today I have seen you drop in and try and make the op out to be a hypocrite. Do you contribute anything in these threads?

Actually I did contribute a serious answer early in the thread - when I thought OP was actually after such.

• paperpudding
    Options
    Who knows if he took it on board - he may or may not have - but I'm not upset at all.

Not sure how you get from me saying he is making silly for giggles posts after saying thread was not for that to me being upset or feeling unlistened to :*
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Like interval training - just because it feels hard (sorry!) doesn't mean it's a big calorie burn.

You may like this article OP to further your research, that evil fructose gets everywhere - https://examine.com/nutrition/is-semen-high-in-protein/

Logging as a negative or positive calorie adjustment may well be TMI for your friends list though.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Somebody is having a mid life crisis!! I highly suggest you work on discipline maybe try to think of someone you care about before posting something that should be enjoyed between two people not measured in terms of Calories.. I truly live is a world I don't understand
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Somebody is having a mid life crisis!! I highly suggest you work on discipline maybe try to think of someone you care about before posting something that should be enjoyed between two people not measured in terms of Calories.. I truly live is a world I don't understand

LOL.....why does the question offend you so?
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Of course it isnt going to be all that many - common sense tells us that - otherwise there wouldnt be nearly so many overweight people about - surely nobody thinks most of them are not sexually active too. And obviously it isnt doing much to reduce their weight.

Well, in fairness, weight loss happens due to CICO, not exercise....

j/k I had to :p
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options

Could be 3 people? just thought I'd add that... ;)

Or just one person, as in the OP's case.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options

Why the insults at this festive time of year?
    You had to come on here to be disgusted and tell others of self discipline when you can't exercise the self discipline not to be hateful and abusive. Instead of transferring your bitterness and self hate to others, why not offer yourself lots of self love. You can be a proud and upright member and spread the love thick and warm.
    At this festered time of year, I hope Santa fills your stockings and unloads his whole bulging sack at the end of your bed.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
This discussion has been closed.