Anyone 5ft 8 tall?

Options
I'm 5ft 8 tall and my calories goal is 1590.. what's your? And how much you have lost so far? Today's my 4 days and hope bring me some good result this Sat :)

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8". When I'm trying to lose my goal is 1800 to 2000. I am not logging right now.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'8". While losing I was eating about 1500 kcal per day. No real exercise with that. I lost 2-3 lbs most weeks.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    It's going to depend on your metabolism. I know some ladies that can lose weight at 1900 cal/day and others that eat 1300 cal/day to lose weight. Go by trial and error. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.
  • tropiz9
    tropiz9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I'm almost 5'8". While losing I was eating about 1500 kcal per day. No real exercise with that. I lost 2-3 lbs most weeks.

I'm not doing any exercise with hat for 4 days now! Well done you as It's good loss! Keep going :)

Feel free add me
  • tropiz9
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    It's going to depend on your metabolism. I know some ladies that can lose weight at 1900 cal/day and others that eat 1300 cal/day to lose weight. Go by trial and error. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Thanks you for advice!

Am expected it high of calories but it not. I feel okay with 1590 calories and I'm focus on calories more than a macros atmo to see if it working or not either.

I'm not doing any exercise atmo and i will doing it next week at home workout and treadmill too

Wait and see til this Saturday, if it was good loss then I will stick my calories counting :)

• marifrie33
    marifrie33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". I've lost 17.5 lbs since October 24. I started with 1,500 calories and ran on the treadmill 5x a week burning 159 each time. I reduced my calories to 1,400 about a week ago and haven't ran for about 2 weeks now, and my weight loss has slowed down:/. I'm just so lazy!
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I usually "get" about 1400 calories. I have lost 15 pounds at that calorie goal and 70 total (before this website). I didn't exercise for most of my weight loss because, honestly I hate it. I'm doing it now, but it's always the hardest part for me to stick to, so I really just focus on my eating.

Good luck!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'7" (when standing tall and rounding up), and my calorie goal is 1,500 / day in order to lose. If I stick with that goal and average 100-200 additional exercise Calories per day that I don't eat back, I can lose weight. That isn't much food, so it isn't easy.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I'm close to 5'9" but not quite, and eating to maintain under 140 for me is 2,000-2,200 on a workout day, 1,600-1,800 on a very idle day. I am 48.
  • tropiz9
    Options
    marifrie33 wrote: »
    I'm 5'8". I've lost 17.5 lbs since October 24. I started with 1,500 calories and ran on the treadmill 5x a week burning 159 each time. I reduced my calories to 1,400 about a week ago and haven't ran for about 2 weeks now, and my weight loss has slowed down:/. I'm just so lazy!

Well done for you loss over 17lbs since October. Aw hope one day you get back and willpower again when ur ready or could you back on 1,500 again either :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'7" (when standing tall and rounding up), and my calorie goal is 1,500 / day in order to lose. If I stick with that goal and average 100-200 additional exercise Calories per day that I don't eat back, I can lose weight. That isn't much food, so it isn't easy.

Does that count your meals of epic proportions? Or do you not log those and the reason you have to eat so little the rest of the time is because you're compensating for the 9 pound salad, etc.?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8".

But, I'm also a guy, so whatever my Calorie goal would be probably wouldn't help much.
  • tropiz9
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I'm 5'8".

But, I'm also a guy, so whatever my Calorie goal would be probably wouldn't help much.

Cool!, why you think it probably wouldn't help much?..... trying to be postive yourself
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It wouldn't help much because his lean mass will be much higher.

I'm 5' 8.5" and started off overweight (BMI nearly 28), and am now BMI 24, with a couple more BMI units to lose.

I aim for 1500-1600 calories. I've been pretty sedentary recently, and my only exercise is walking, which if I'm to believe MFP, accounts for 200-250 calories per day, which I don't eat back. I lose at a rate of 100g/day, so about a pound and a half a week.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Does that count your meals of epic proportions? Or do you not log those and the reason you have to eat so little the rest of the time is because you're compensating for the 9 pound salad, etc.?

No, I rarely have those cheat days because they set me back so much. I log everything I eat, so in the rare event I have a cheat day, I log everything still.

ETA: The big cheat days (in excess of 15K Calories) were 2-3 times per year when I started losing weight. Because they set me back so much, I made them less frequent and smaller amounts. It's now been more than a year since I have had a true cheat day at that level, but have had a some cheat days this year in the 10K-15K Calorie range. They are not quite as satisfying, so I do those more often, but still it is not something that happens every month. Most recent was late October.

I have, however, had stretches where I go slightly over calorie budget for up to 3 weeks at a time. Based on weight results most recently from such times, my RMR is probably around 1,600 Calories per day. So without exercise, I should lose slowly (assuming no exercise means CO is 1.2 X RMR) on 1,500 calories. With exercise, I can lose quickly enough to be able to notice.

*I have a full battery of tests scheduled for Monday, including RMR. If you really are curious how close my guess of 1,600 Calories is, remind me after Monday 12/26/16.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I'm 5'8".

It might. Having a penis doesn't mean you get to eat more calories. The only reason you would is if you have more muscle mass and/or are more active.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 I'm at goal at 160 and generally eat 2200-2400

Lost most of my weight (50lbs) eating 1500-1800 calories ish

• tropiz9
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

It amazing... Well done you for loss 50lbs!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    tropiz9 wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »

It amazing... Well done you for loss 50lbs!

If I can do it anyone can

Although I have to say the weight loss is probably easier than the ongoing maintenance of that weight loss
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and met my 13.2lb loss goal after 50 days (~1.5 lbs per week) with a goal of 1,580 calories. I slowly worked my way up to maintenance calories, which for me is 2,100 and have been maintaining successfully ever since. Best of luck to you!