I always have lots of calories left before bed. Im just not hungry. Is it okay?

Options
Goal is 50 pound weight loss by November 2017. Sw207 cw198. I was given 1240 cals a day. I work out every day so i get more cals.advice?

Replies

• rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Send them to me for Christmas.

Lol
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    How far under goal are you? 1200 is the minimum recommended amount for women to get adequate nutrition, and if you are working out, you should be netting 1200.

Can you eat more calories throughout the day if saving them to the end is too intimidating? What about eating more calorie dense foods, things like oil, butter, nuts, avocado, even ice cream?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    What types of workouts do you do, and how many calories are you calling "a lot" in this case?
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    eat them. the last hour of my day is sometimes slamming home calories at 11 pm before bed. my goal is already a deficit and I'm in this for the long run. I feel like it keeps me sane and prevents binges to eat all Ive allowed myself.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Send them to me for Christmas.

I'll send you mine but you have to promise to eat them all ;)
  • SKristianM
    SKristianM Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd leave them be if you're not hungry. Many would recommend eating back only half of exercise calories anyway, partially because these tend to be overly optimistic.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    mfp over-calculates calories burnt from exercise. Most people only eat 1/2 back.
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    What types of workouts do you do, and how many calories are you calling "a lot" in this case?

Cardio and some general weight training. From 700-300 depends.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    i was over yesterday ,, birthday cake , im under today and really done eating so i guess it works out and We have Christmas coming up , know im gonna go over cals there too . Some go for weekly goals on calories to smooth out the bumps .

Good luck
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, don't eat. Simple.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You're free to eat as you see fit. But how did you ever gain the weight in the first place with an paltry appetite like that?
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have days where I'm not hungry too. And then I remember that if my interpretation of "hungry" was correct I wouldn't have put weight on in the first place.