Intermittent fasting quick fat loss

Options
I have tried it for almost 2 and 1/2 month and lost 27 lbs. easy to follow and healthyyy style.

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Woo!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There are many ways to intermittently fast. What's your split?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yes.. I do 16:8 and it is a game changer.. i love it... i don't count calories.. it is freeing and it stops cravings and overeating. All of a sudden.. you have control over food. It has been amazing for me. All I do is skip breakfast at eat at 12:30 or 1:00.
  • didknot226
    didknot226 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great to hear that! Unfortunately for me, I have to keep counting calories or else won't lose the weight. But hey, as long as it's working:)
  • didknot226
    Options
    Ok here is the thing. I do IF and I try to stay and 1200 calories. So far great results. I do 16 hours fasting and 8 hours eating window. :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I do it, am all for it, it works.
  • didknot226
    Options
    Time will go by quickly. Enjoy ur tea.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It's very individual. Doesn't work for me (I get grumpy and melodramatic if I skip meals) but some people definitely find it easier to stick to their goals eating this way.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    didknot226 wrote: »
    Ok here is the thing. I do IF and I try to stay and 1200 calories. So far great results. I do 16 hours fasting and 8 hours eating window. :)

You lost weight because you ate 1200 calories a day (the default minimum for women before exercise).....meal timing had nothing to do with it.

However, meal timing may have helped you be more consistent....consistency is good.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

You do know it's not just fat loss right? Large(r) deficits often sacrifice a larger % of existing lean muscle mass than moderate deficits do. There's a trade-off for fast.
  • didknot226
    Options
    Yes finally something is working for my body.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Love it, too... I would much rather eat two substantial meals than try to stretch my calorie budget over to breakfast, which I have never, ever liked, or wanted. I am so not a morning person... the idea of eating before noon is just icky.