Over the counter appetite suppressant ?

Options
2»

Replies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Doubly undead, another one that just keeps coming back. Why does that happen?
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Doubly undead, another one that just keeps coming back. Why does that happen?

Someone probably did a forum search for appetite suppressants and it popped up in the results. They then post to it without realizing how old it is.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    *shakes fist*

GD necro thread.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Tanafee wrote: »
    I have been needing something like this, I really struggle with my appetite and it sabatoges my weight loss goals every time

This thread's over two years old. But since it's been revived, here's my response: Stay away from over the counter appetite suppressants. In my experience, the best way to curb appetite throughout the day is to eat plenty of protein at breakfast. I used to eat a light breakfast (bagel, toast, fruit, etc) and would constantly be hungry throughout the day. A nutritionist recommended I increase my protein intake in the AM (around 20-25g, based on my weight and height) and it definitely helped. Increasing your fiber intake throughout the day will also help but personally, I've found that protein keeps me feeling fuller (and for longer) than fiber.
  • Tanafee
    Tanafee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am new on here :(
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

It's cool. You went looking for some information. Appetite suppressants generally don't work, and the ones that do can have some brutal side effects. Set up the program with your information. Read a bunch of threads, and learn lifelong skills at maintaining your weight. Much better, IMO. Here's a good place to start for reading:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • BrittanyCLaccetti
    BrittanyCLaccetti Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been needing something like this, I really struggle with my appetite and it sabatoges my weight loss goals every time

If fighting cravings were as easy as just drinking some water or eating more protein for some people, then losing weight would be simple. Truth is, it is not simple and everyone has different struggles. I agree that you should stay away from pills, prescription or OTC, that have bad things in them, especially high levels of stimulants, or that don't also benefit your health. That being said, there are natural ingredients like green tea that can help with appetite. If you don't like to drink it, you can look for a green tea supplement or something like liporidex that has natural ingredients that help your appetite, without hurting your health. For me, cutting out sugar was a difficult process, but once I did my cravings for it eventually stopped, so maybe it can also have to do with what you are craving. If you have absolutely tried everything, and are still struggling maybe see a doctor/nutritionist to help guide you in the best direction.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

It's cool. You went looking for some information. Appetite suppressants generally don't work, and the ones that do can have some brutal side effects. Set up the program with your information. Read a bunch of threads, and learn lifelong skills at maintaining your weight. Much better, IMO. Here's a good place to start for reading:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

ECA does work, doesn't have "brutal" side effects but I agree that it is not going to help people learn how to maintain their weight.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    caffeine. Also- lots of water and find some bulky low calorie food you like (like veggies) to munch on if hungry.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

ECA does work, doesn't have "brutal" side effects but I agree that it is not going to help people learn how to maintain their weight.

Individual results may vary. Just because you don't have side effects, doesn't mean that others won't. "Brutal" is also individual.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Coffee works wonders for me.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking 2 tablespoons of International Delight (70 calories) or Bailey's (50 calories) creamer in my morning coffee the last few days. It seems to be keeping me satisfied until lunchtime. I also drink LOTS and LOTS of water throughout the day.