Is anyone else dreading christmas dinner?

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    You know what else I'm looking forward to? I think I am going to have EPIC workouts the day after Christmas after all that food.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Nope!
    It's two bigger than average meals (Christmas day and Boxing day) then it's back to the norm.

Oohhh i forgot about all the leftovers my mum will inevitably send me home with. So, i will revise my previous post to it's only 2days a year :smiley:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No...it's just a day and one dinner...it's pretty irrelevant when you look at the bigger picture.

Also, don't know what your dinner looks like, but my Christmas dinner isn't terribly different from any other night other than the fact we're having ham...so, a lean protein, veg, and a starch...pretty par for the course.

Mine is full of fat carbs and red meat oh and sugar chocolate and alcohol. I'm having it with family

So? It is just one day. Enjoy it and get back on track the next day.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Oh gosh no. It's only one day for me. I'll have a light breakfast because it's a long drive. I will then enjoy all the foods, just slightly smaller portions. I have no intentions of logging, and will return to my regularly scheduled program the next day. I didn't get fat in a single day. I'm not going to lose the weight/get healthy in a single day.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Hell no, I'm looking forward to it! I enjoy an occasional decadent meal and get right back to my usual routine.
  • redstarsabove
    redstarsabove Posts: 3 Member
    It's definitely a worry for me. But that's because it's NOT just one meal for me. My birthday is right around Christmas, and my parents are divorced so two Christmas dinners right there, and then there's multiple sides of the family for each parent...all those Christmas celebrations add up! And don't get me started on the leftovers...gonna say no to those this time :(
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    edited December 2016
    I feel like dreading Christmas Day because of the potential to overeat is a pretty unhealthy mindset (and one I've certainly struggled with before!). It is this kind of catestrophising way of thinking that I think can give days that you overeat the power to derail your efforts completely.

Instead I'm going to go into it with the mindset that I will try to be mindful of what I am eating and will try not to go overboard, but If I do it's literally no big deal. A few bad days doesn't ruin everything. Just as a few good days doesn't put you at your goal weight.

I think accepting that and accepting that it's not a big deal will make it a lot easier to move on and return to your good routines afterwards.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    I dont celebrate Christmas, but if there was roast turkey, baked chicken, cornbread stuffing with herbs, mashed potatoes, rich gravy, baked macaroni and cheese, fluffy biscuits, candied yams and dessert, I can't see why you would dread it.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Nope, we are spending the day with some friends and neither of us are cooking much. My friend decided to allow Costco to do most of it (spiral ham and mashed potatoes and/or sweet potatoes) which is fine with me.; I think that she is cooking some vegetables. After cooking for 53 years I am done with traditions. I am making a salad buffet and another friend is bringing pumpkin pie. I don't eat anything with cinnamon so I will not be having extra desert calories.
    Merry Christmas. :)
  • Christine_72
    edited December 2016
    It's definitely a worry for me. But that's because it's NOT just one meal for me. My birthday is right around Christmas, and my parents are divorced so two Christmas dinners right there, and then there's multiple sides of the family for each parent...all those Christmas celebrations add up! And don't get me started on the leftovers...gonna say no to those this time :(

I'd be going on vacation during Christmas week if i were you :tongue:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Nope I can't wait this weekend and Boxing Day going to be so lovely

I'll eat whatever I want and enjoy ...I'll do it all over again New Years weekend too :)
  • Christine_72
    zyxst wrote: »
    I'm only dreading having to deal with my MIL who has less of a memory than a goldfish. She'll be telling me what to eat, what's in every dish/pot, and that I don't want dessert because I don't do that anymore about 12 times in 5 minutes. B1tch, get out of my way and let me get my roasted potatoes.

:laugh:

She sounds lovely :noway:

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited December 2016
    Nope! I'm avoiding the people in the family I don't like this year. I am absolutely looking forward to Christmas this year. We're going cheap with food, just Digiorno and some biscuits with cookies and blueberry cobbler. We decided it would be better to spend the money on last minute presents.
  • Christine_72
    shanae727 wrote: »
    I'm on contest prep so I plan to eat some grass during..and maybe some tears..if there are calories left..we'll see.

How dare they schedule a contest around Christmas! Damn sadists :(