raw till four? ?

Options
Anyone have good results eating raw till four?
Here's my meal plan
3 frozen banana smoothie with spirilina powder.
A whole pineapple for lunch
A carrot beet kale uice and 2 bananas for snack
Tea; 2 sweet potato's and salad or white rice and pumpkin soup on top.

I've been doing raw a few weeks I feel amazing but to expensive at night. I am wondering if I eat cooked rice at night and pumpkin that it'll make me gain weiggt as I've been consuming so much fruit during the day. I've always stayed away from rice because of the bad stigma around rice. I watch a lot of YouTube girls eating rice and doing raw till four. Do you think I'll still lose weight eating rice at night? My grocery bill would go down though haha.
Anyone got a meal plan they have raw till four and does it work

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you in a deficit? If yes, then yes.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    The only thing that matters for weight loss is that you're eating at the correct calorie deficit for your weight goals. How many calories are you consuming now? What are your current stats and weight loss goals?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How much protein in that day's menu?
    How much fat in that day's menu?

For many of the world's "blue zone" populations rice is a staple of their diet.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    What is the bad stigma about rice? I am unfamiliar with it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Anyone have good results eating raw till four?
    Here's my meal plan
    3 frozen banana smoothie with spirilina powder.
    A whole pineapple for lunch
    A carrot beet kale uice and 2 bananas for snack
    Tea; 2 sweet potato's and salad or white rice and pumpkin soup on top.

I've been doing raw a few weeks I feel amazing but to expensive at night. I am wondering if I eat cooked rice at night and pumpkin that it'll make me gain weiggt as I've been consuming so much fruit during the day. I've always stayed away from rice because of the bad stigma around rice. I watch a lot of YouTube girls eating rice and doing raw till four. Do you think I'll still lose weight eating rice at night? My grocery bill would go down though haha.
    Anyone got a meal plan they have raw till four and does it work

if you arent weighing your food,and you have NO idea how much you are eating calorie wise ,yes you can gain weight, even if you just eat fruit. you can eat what you want as long as you are in a caloric deficit. you can gain weight even eating healthy foods if you eat over your maintenance calories.lots of people have gained weight eating raw til 4 because they were eating more calories than they were burning.also healthy fats are needed for your body. the raw til 4 to me is a fad diet, its not healthy(very low fat and very low protein is not good unless you have a health issue where you ant metabolize those things very well). you have to have a decent amount of healthy fats/carbs/proteins. Otherwise you may end up with deficiencies or health issues because of it. if you want to eat vegan/vegetarian/paleo,etc thats fine. but know that even eating healthy a person can gain weight.anyone who says you cant gain eating nothing but fruits and veggies are full of crap.its all about CICO(calories in vs calories out)
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Some of those raw vegan YouTubers seem to border on the disordered in their approaches to food. Keep a broadly open mind when choosing from their advice and practices.

One of the most frustrating things about the internet is that these people have been given a platform and an audience. They sound convincing because they are passionate, but that doesn't mean they have a clue.

I've always wondered too how many of the YouTube food 'gurus' actually eat the way they're promoting? I know a few have been caught lying about how they eat.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Some of those raw vegan YouTubers seem to border on the disordered in their approaches to food. Keep a broadly open mind when choosing from their advice and practices.

One of the most frustrating things about the internet is that these people have been given a platform and an audience. They sound convincing because they are passionate, but that doesn't mean they have a clue.

A good clue for me is when they start talking about "your highest vibrational self" or whatever. Or if they have clearly fetishized their relationship with food to such an extent that they think I want to see them sucking on a mango for twenty minutes while they talk about how great their life is.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Annie_01 wrote: »

I think it goes something like this:

White food (generally) has a lot of carbs (or is a pure carb). Too many carbs is "bad" (the current diet golden child is low carb). Rice is both white and a carb, therefore rice = BAD/NO EAT. Brown rice is fine because, well, BROWN.

Like brown eggs!
  • Annie_01
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

White food (generally) has a lot of carbs (or is a pure carb). Too many carbs is "bad" (the current diet golden child is low carb). Rice is both white and a carb, therefore rice = BAD/NO EAT. Brown rice is fine because, well, BROWN.

Like brown eggs!

I'm relieved...maybe I am not going to die. I eat white rice but I counter it with brown eggs.

I'm not sure why I buy brown eggs other than I really like the color of them...something about them makes me feel like a special snowflake.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,063 Member
    Options

Like brown eggs!

I'm relieved...maybe I am not going to die. I eat white rice but I counter it with brown eggs.

I'm not sure why I buy brown eggs other than I really like the color of them...something about them makes me feel like a special snowflake.

You do know that brown eggs are simply laid by brown chickens ...
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Like brown eggs!

My friend has hens which green tinged eggs. They are lovely too, like brown eggs!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

Actually that's not true. Different breeds of chicken will lay different coloured eggs, but it is not contingent upon their own colouring.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,063 Member
    Options

Actually that's not true. Different breeds of chicken will lay different coloured eggs, but it is not contingent upon their own colouring.

True ... but the colour of the egg has more to do with the breed of chicken than with perceived nutritional content.

• Annie_01
    Options

Like brown eggs!

My friend has hens which green tinged eggs. They are lovely too, like brown eggs!

Oh dang...now I want some of those! Just think if I had some of those green eggs to pair up with my brown.
  • queenliz99
    Options

Like brown eggs!

Oh dang...now I want some of those! Just think if I had some of those green eggs to pair up with my brown.

Green eggs and ham are good!