Anyone else need to lose 50+ lbs?

Options
Went to the doctor and heard the news Ive been dreading all year. Yes I am overweight and need to lose weight. 50lbs to be exact.
Is there anyone else with a huge goal for the new year? I'd love to add people with similar goals.

Replies

• manther88
    manther88 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight for several years. I lose and gain pretty easy so it shouldn't be too tough for me. It's the sticking to it part that gets me. I quit halfway through every time but hoping not this time.

I make short goals but my overall goal is to lose 50-65 lbs. I definitely don't look like I have that much since I'm tall but that's what I used to be and want to get to it again. You can add me :). But the only person stopping yourself from succeeding is yourself. Got to be strong willed.
  • Bigsur2
    Bigsur2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Please add me. 50 lbs is my current goal also.
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've lost 80 lbs so far with another 56 lbs to go
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 65lbs at this point. Please feel free to add me!
  • Babs2Baby
    Babs2Baby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    larryc251 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the weight you've lost so far! You just gave me some hope :D

• Babs2Baby
    Options
    manther88 wrote: »
    I've been overweight for several years. I lose and gain pretty easy so it shouldn't be too tough for me. It's the sticking to it part that gets me. I quit halfway through every time but hoping not this time.

I make short goals but my overall goal is to lose 50-65 lbs. I definitely don't look like I have that much since I'm tall but that's what I used to be and want to get to it again. You can add me :). But the only person stopping yourself from succeeding is yourself. Got to be strong willed.

Yeah for me I always thought I looked normal and then all the Christmas photos happened. Ugh, just comparing them to last year photos was enough of an eye opener. I'm the same way I start and stop Idk why because the last time I lost weight I was down to 120lbs and I felt really good!
  • nursegirl2013
    nursegirl2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have 50 to lose.
  • Babs2Baby
    Options
    I need to lose around 150lbs to 180lbs :) Feel free to add me!
    I lost 140 once and almost got to my goal weight but some things happened in my life so i really curbed my fitness and eating healthy. But I did it once so i can certainly do it again! :)

Exactly! Good luck on your journey! I'll send you a request.
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Babs2Baby wrote: »

Thank you very much! Hardest part for me was getting started. Then it just all becomes apart of everyday life. But i am very thankful i finally decided to give it a shot. I haven't been this weight since i was about 17 yrs old, im 25 now. And feel absolutely amazing compared to when i was at my heaviest
  • Babs2Baby
    Options
    Babs2Baby wrote: »

Thank you very much! Hardest part for me was getting started. Then it just all becomes apart of everyday life. But i am very thankful i finally decided to give it a shot. I haven't been this weight since i was about 17 yrs old, im 25 now. And feel absolutely amazing compared to when i was at my heaviest

That's awesome! I know the feeling but I just stopped sticking with it. My lowest was 100lbs, but I'm also very short now I'm 160!! I don't even know how it happened but I hope to reverse the damage and get my youth back.

• eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35, stalled out at Christmas, and am getting back into it. I want to lose another 75. It's so simple that anyone can do it (barring cravings, hormones, temptations, lack of will, and lack of motivation...been there!). Best of luck!
  • 2bslimsally
    2bslimsally Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    50 lbs to lose... Add me, too
  • FinallyReady2017
    Options
    I need to lose well more than 50lbs! Please add me!
  • Babs2Baby
    Options
    Awesome! Sent some invites out, thanks so much!
  • SaraLynnFiske
    SaraLynnFiske Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @Babs2Baby I have to lose around 100 to 120 pounds, if you want to add me :D
  • legalsec1234a
    legalsec1234a Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. My goal is to lose 165 pounds. I have self destructed for the last 13 years. Ready to be happy with myself.
  • Babs2Baby
    Options
    @Babs2Baby I have to lose around 100 to 120 pounds, if you want to add me :D

Sure I'll add you! More the merrier!
  • Babs2Baby
    Options
    feel free to add me. My goal is to lose 165 pounds. I have self destructed for the last 13 years. Ready to be happy with myself.

Oh wow! Good luck! Yeah I just ballooned all within a year and hate myself for it. I will send you a request :D
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I have about 120 pounds to lose to reach my first BIG goal. Anyone can add me.