PEANUT BUTTER! ♡

I am totally obsessed with peanut butter!
I put it on my pancakes instead of syrup, eat it with my apples and celery, and all sorts of things like that!
What ways do you incorporate peanut butter into your diet?

Replies

• NikkiMizer
    NikkiMizer Posts: 14 Member
    With a spoon....

Fair enough!
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    JIFF?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Peanut sauce.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    With a spoon....

So much this!!! LOL sometimes I mix it with protein powder and roll into balls. But spoon is best! LOL
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I eat it straight from the jar sometimes but also love pb with apple slices for a snack
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I'm not a BIG fan for some reason. Too many calories for not big pay off for me:(

BUT I do occasionally put it on apple slices and I enjoy it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    As a condiment on hamburgers (not kidding!). Sounded gross the first time I heard it, but tried it and now a 'burger just isn't complete without some PB on it.
  • NikkiMizer
    1. Spread on a soft taco shell, roll up and eat.
    2. Dip for baby carrots
    3. Mix with vanilla yogurt
    4. Mini pb and jelly sandwiches using Ritz crackers instead of bread
    I could go on and on lol, my user name says it all

I've never had it with yogurt, that sounds awesome!
  • NikkiMizer
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    As a condiment on hamburgers (not kidding!). Sounded gross the first time I heard it, but tried it and now a 'burger just isn't complete without some PB on it.

Whaaaaat that's definitely an interesting combo. Doesn't sound like, fantastic, but I'd be willing to try it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    On toast, on pancakes or waffles, in protein shakes, mixed with some Greek yogurt as a dip for apples or pears, Thai peanut sauce.. we go through a lot in this house!
  • On a low carb wrap, with bacon.
    In my post workout protein drink.
    As a dip for apple slices or pretzel sticks.
    In Thai red curry stew.
    When I just gotta have a "fix", on a spoon.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I find PB works best for keeping toppings in the bun.

I use it mostly in sammiches.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    edited December 2016
    NikkiMizer wrote: »
    1. Spread on a soft taco shell, roll up and eat.
    2. Dip for baby carrots
    3. Mix with vanilla yogurt
    4. Mini pb and jelly sandwiches using Ritz crackers instead of bread
    I could go on and on lol, my user name says it all

I've never had it with yogurt, that sounds awesome!

Try mixing about a tablespoon of peanut powder (e.g., PB2, JIF Peanut Powder) into a single serving cup of vanilla Greek yogurt.

As far as regular peanut butter, many people add it to chili. Smearing it onto a banana is obviously a classic.

Peanut butter is also the most consistent cure for the hiccups I've seen. Put a spoonful (about 1-1.5 tablespoons) into your mouth all at once, get it just wet enough to swallow, but don't chew it. This has worked 100% of the time for me since I was a kid and I've seen it work for other people dozens of times. Apparently it has something to do resetting your breathing, diaphragm and esophagus as you prepare yourself to swallow the peanut butter.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Eating two fat slices of multigrain bread layered in peanut butter right now, with a big glass of ice cold milk. Been sick as a dog, so my calories are way down for today.

Not for long >:)
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    I think my love of peanut butter is how I got fat in the 1st place!! Lol! On a spoon, on a piece of bread, pb&J, peanut butter cookies!! I couldn't think of eating celery without peanut butter!! However, I lost over 40 lbs, and peanut butter is now a special treat. I did find a way to get my pb fix though!! Toasted English Muffin (Light or Oatmeal Cinnamon with extra protein) with honey, a small amount of pb (for weight watching purposes) and sprinkle on top with a pinch of cinnamon. Best snack ever!!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Oh! It's great mixed with maple syrup on pancakes. Even better on sweet potatoes! Odd I know, but SOOOO good!
  • akelarae
    akelarae Posts: 17 Member
    I love putting it in my oatmeal...mmm
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Oh! It's great mixed with maple syrup on pancakes. Even better on sweet potatoes! Odd I know, but SOOOO good!

I've done that before: sweet potato and peanut butter with mashed, sweetened strawberries. So good. I also dip dates into peanut butter almost every night for dessert.